The Stormlight Archive

I think Tress is the one he originally wrote when the pandemic started for his wife...

Is this Tress and the Emerald Sea? It's available at my library

The first secret project is Tress. It has a lot of Hoid in it to expand on his character a little. Definitely one to read if you're a Cosmere fan.

I am unsure on whether I will be picking up the next one. I finished it at the end of last year...it as good but not enough to make me want to read more of that universe

Gotcha. I'll see where it takes me and whether I continue. I just try to pick up a series to start that is finished or has multiple volumes to help the lag between Sanderson novels. That's where I got into the Red Rising series several years ago.

Reactions: ill
Gotcha. I'll see where it takes me and whether I continue. I just try to pick up a series to start that is finished or has multiple volumes to help the lag between Sanderson novels. That's where I got into the Red Rising series several years ago.
I would recommend the Babel series by Josiah Bancroft...I have read the first 2 and really enjoyed them

I would recommend the Babel series by Josiah Bancroft...I have read the first 2 and really enjoyed them
list #shameless GIF by Showtime

Reactions: ill
I am unsure on whether I will be picking up the next one. I finished it at the end of last year...it as good but not enough to make me want to read more of that universe
I started it but didn't finish. It didn't hold my interest. For whatever reason, I find it difficult to get into Sci fi.

I started it but didn't finish. It didn't hold my interest. For whatever reason, I find it difficult to get into Sci fi.
to be honest, it as kind of boring...

I did like the different stories being told and can probably rank the stories from my least to most favorite...but in the end it just wasn't all that fulfilling of a book.

to be honest, it as kind of boring...

I did like the different stories being told and can probably rank the stories from my least to most favorite...but in the end it just wasn't all that fulfilling of a book.
Makes me feel better that I am not missing something good. Hyperion was supposed to be a big deal classic Sci fi which is why I began it in the first place. Maybe so, but that doesn't mean it is a page turner.

Makes me feel better that I am not missing something good. Hyperion was supposed to be a big deal classic Sci fi which is why I began it in the first place. Maybe so, but that doesn't mean it is a page turner.
I agree with this. I got through it but definitely would not call it a page turner

Finished Dawnshard and the Mistborn Secret story. Time to get Tress

What should I read first? Stormlight or Mistborn?
How much time you got?

The Mistborn books are shorter and it's already completed. You'd get the satisfaction of closure.

All of the books in the Stormlight series are monsters, 1100 pages and more. And it's not finished; it still has one book to go in this first series, and then it will have another 5-book series after.

Both are highly addictive and entertaining, IMO

How much time you got?

The Mistborn books are shorter and it's already completed. You'd get the satisfaction of closure.

All of the books in the Stormlight series are monsters, 1100 pages and more. And it's not finished; it still has one book to go in this first series, and then it will have another 5-book series after.

Both are highly addictive and entertaining, IMO
Yeah, I saw the first book in Stormlight is a behemoth, which is what attracted me.

Yeah, I saw the first book in Stormlight is a behemoth, which is what attracted me.
You may have to read it more than once before you move on to the second one. Lots of characters, lots of world building

You may have to read it more than once before you move on to the second one. Lots of characters, lots of world building
Does the book contain a glossary like the Wheel of Time books? If not, I’ll try to find a dedicated guide.

When starting a book/series I try diligently to understand the characters from the beginning.

Does the book contain a glossary like the Wheel of Time books? If not, I’ll try to find a dedicated guide.

When starting a book/series I try diligently to understand the characters from the beginning.
Nothing like that in the book, but you can find plenty of guides on line. There are thousands of Sanderson nerds out there who have done all the legwork

Finally finished all the secret projects and the entire cosmere, now impatiently waiting for Wind and Truth in December.