The Stormlight Archive

that is Oathbringer where we learn about his wife and why he can't remember her.
Got it...and what he and his soldiers did to that one town. That was a particularly enlightening chapter

I get where you are coming from though...they are fucking tombs of books and a pretty good time investments, so it sucks when a story just drags on.

I am trying to figure out which stories I dreaded reading in the latest...I know there was one or two that I just didn't care about...probably one of the Parshendi storylines

I get where you are coming from though...they are fucking tombs of books and a pretty good time investments, so it sucks when a story just drags on.
Went through this with Wheel of Time. Books 6-11 just went on and on. Thankfully, I didn't really get into those until the series was nearly completed. Reading those last couple of books was what got me into Sanderson, though

Reactions: ill
Okay, picking up Oathbringer for what I believe is the third time. Maybe I can be reading Rhythm of War by November

Not a Stormlight book but I just bought Mistborn, I'll try to get introduced into the Cosmere but it'll sadly take some time.

Not a Stormlight book but I just bought Mistborn, I'll try to get introduced into the Cosmere but it'll sadly take some time.
Mistborn was awesome, one of the best series I ever picked up

Mistborn was awesome, one of the best series I ever picked up
After the first three books, I'll pick up Warbreaker I think it's called, and then I'll delve into the Stormlight books. After that, not sure, but I might hop on Wheel of Time just because Sanderson wrote the final three books (though I heard the previous books are just as iconic and great.)

I'm done with Oathbringer, really missed a lot the last time I read it. I finished it and then went right back and re-read the final part immediately. The way he finishes these books, you really turn the pages at the end but you wind up missing some key facts

After the first three books, I'll pick up Warbreaker I think it's called, and then I'll delve into the Stormlight books. After that, not sure, but I might hop on Wheel of Time just because Sanderson wrote the final three books (though I heard the previous books are just as iconic and great.)
At least with Wheel of Time you don't have to wait for another book to be published, since they're all finished. Jordan did a great job with the first 3-5 books, and then he slowed down and started milking it. I got so bogged down in the middle 8 books

At least with Wheel of Time you don't have to wait for another book to be published, since they're all finished. Jordan did a great job with the first 3-5 books, and then he slowed down and started milking it. I got so bogged down in the middle 8 books
Does it end well? I know Jordan has died but never really took the time to hear reviews of Sanderson's writing on them.

I’m on book 10, there are a couple things that happen in the previous two books, but just not enough to escape the fact that these things really did slow down after book 6 or so. I see a lot of characters thinking stuff for a whole chapter or three and not really moving anywhere or doing anything physically.

Does it end well? I know Jordan has died but never really took the time to hear reviews of Sanderson's writing on them.
Overall it ends well, given that Sanderson was going off of Jordan's notes. It did feel like some things were rushed and some loose ends were not tied off neatly, but I expected that.

Reading those last three books gave me the sense that Sanderson was a much better writer than Jordan, and got me into reading the Cosmere stuff. Now I'm convinced that Sanderson is the more talented/creative writer, even though Jordan was pretty good

I’m on book 10, there are a couple things that happen in the previous two books, but just not enough to escape the fact that these things really did slow down after book 6 or so. I see a lot of characters thinking stuff for a whole chapter or three and not really moving anywhere or doing anything physically.
Pretty much how I felt. I don't recall which book it's in, but the one where Egwain (sp) and Nynaeve joined that guys circus...a ridiculous side road that did nothing for the narrative.

Overall it ends well, given that Sanderson was going off of Jordan's notes. It did feel like some things were rushed and some loose ends were not tied off neatly, but I expected that.

Reading those last three books gave me the sense that Sanderson was a much better writer than Jordan, and got me into reading the Cosmere stuff. Now I'm convinced that Sanderson is the more talented/creative writer, even though Jordan was pretty good
I haven't yet decided on whether I want to go further into the Cosmere...but it intrigues me...

I haven't yet decided on whether I want to go further into the Cosmere...but it intrigues me...
I mainly want to keep reading about Hoid, and see how he is connected to all the different worlds.

Also, without spoiling too much, I want to trace some of the other characters that apparently have moved between worlds within the Cosmere.

So far, I've only read the Mistborn series and the first 3 Stormlight books, plus Edgedancer. Have held off on stand-alones like Warbreaker and Elantris

I mainly want to keep reading about Hoid, and see how he is connected to all the different worlds.

Also, without spoiling too much, I want to trace some of the other characters that apparently have moved between worlds within the Cosmere.

So far, I've only read the Mistborn series and the first 3 Stormlight books, plus Edgedancer. Have held off on stand-alones like Warbreaker and Elantris
I agree, easily my favorite character.

so he's in Mistborn too? Is he in Wheel of Time?

I agree, easily my favorite character.

so he's in Mistborn too? Is he in Wheel of Time?
He's definitely in Mistborn.

To my knowledge, he does not appear in WOT, which isn't part of the Cosmere...however, i read those final three books in that series long before I read any other Sanderson works, so it's possible that he snuck in there somehow, and I didn't know to look for him. Still, I'd be surprised if he's in there.

He's definitely in Mistborn.

To my knowledge, he does not appear in WOT, which isn't part of the Cosmere...however, i read those final three books in that series long before I read any other Sanderson works, so it's possible that he snuck in there somehow, and I didn't know to look for him. Still, I'd be surprised if he's in there.
looking at a quick Wiki article on Hoid shows him just in Sanderson's stuff, which is just a cool thing Sanderson does.

dammit...now I might have to read Mistborn...I guess I should now that I am done with Jim Butcher's Codex Alara

dammit...now I might have to read Mistborn...I guess I should now that I am done with Jim Butcher's Codex Alara

I found them highly entertaining. They're about half as long as the Stormlight books, so you can get through them much faster

Mistborn is really good. I’ve read it a few times now, never a dull moment.