The Stormlight Archive

I found them highly entertaining. They're about half as long as the Stormlight books, so you can get through them much faster

Mistborn is really good. I’ve read it a few times now, never a dull moment.
good to know....might be time to do that.

also trying to finish up the Iron Druid series from Kevin Hearne...I think I have 2 books left in that one

Well, I finally finished Rhythm of War

Now, to re-read it and try to catch everything that I missed.

I didn't like a few things about it. Szeth barely shows up in it, just hovers in the background the whole time. And I'm beginning to really hate Lirin, he's entirely unsympathetic.

The overall story seems to be going exactly where I expected it, but still there was an awful lot of unexplained fraternizing between the Singers, the Fused, and Humans at the Tower. And I thought it was pretty lame that Kaladin just hung out in the Tower for what seemed like days or weeks without being discovered by the enemy. They didn't seem to try that hard to find him.

Two huge shockers in it, though: what Maya revealed at Adolin's "trial," and what happened to Taravangian at the end. Shame we'll likely have to wait another 3-5 years for the conclusion to this first set. Contest of Champions!!! Let's get it

Reactions: ill
Brandon Sanderson is a fucking beast...

Brandon Sanderson is a fucking beast...

Well, that was cool until about 8 minutes in. I have zero interest in any kind of subscription. I'll just wait til the materials are published, like usual.

Well, that was cool until about 8 minutes in. I have zero interest in any kind of subscription. I'll just wait til the materials are published, like usual.
I wish an author like Rothfuss, Lynch, or Martin would do something like this since they have been in a rut in releasing new books.

and I don't think they are going to be subscription only books, you should be able to get them like normal.

but I actually like the idea of getting the subscriptionI am tempted...

finishing up the first book of the Mistborn series and really enjoyed the hell out of it.

Sanderson is just a top notch world builder and story teller.

Not going to jump into the second book just yet, but it won't be long

finishing up the first book of the Mistborn series and really enjoyed the hell out of it.

Sanderson is just a top notch world builder and story teller.

Not going to jump into the second book just yet, but it won't be long
I really liked that series, about time I gave it a re-read. Some really great characters like Spook, Marsh, Kelsier, OreSeur, and Sazed

I really liked that series, about time I gave it a re-read. Some really great characters like Spook, Marsh, Kelsier, OreSeur, and Sazed
the whole concept of the cosmere is what pushed me to pick it up, but I really am enjoying everything about it

Just finished Sanderson's first secret novel from COVID (Tress) and it was a worthwhile addition to the Cosmere. For those that like Hoid, he is present throughout the book with much of the story told through him. You're also introduced to another character similar to Hoid that has traveled to different worlds.

I've pre-ordered the next secret novel release but have several weeks until it comes out.

I'm now looking for a new book for my Kindle to read at night. I'm currently going through the Dan Brown books with Robert Langston in paperback that I keep in my truck to read while waiting when the kiddos are at practice or doctor appointments. Also listening to the last Mistborn novel (The Last Medal) on audio book while driving or mowing.

Just finished Sanderson's first secret novel from COVID (Tress) and it was a worthwhile addition to the Cosmere. For those that like Hoid, he is present throughout the book with much of the story told through him. You're also introduced to another character similar to Hoid that has traveled to different worlds.

I've pre-ordered the next secret novel release but have several weeks until it comes out.

I'm now looking for a new book for my Kindle to read at night. I'm currently going through the Dan Brown books with Robert Langston in paperback that I keep in my truck to read while waiting when the kiddos are at practice or doctor appointments. Also listening to the last Mistborn novel (The Last Medal) on audio book while driving or mowing.
I have it on hold at the library. Currently reading The Well of Ascension. Didn't think it was that thick of a book but it really is.

It's still damn good though

Got through all the Stormlight novels and really enjoyed them. So I went into some of Sanderson's other material, the Mistborn series. I'm about halfway through Hero of Ages.

Can MOD just rename this thread "Brandon Sanderson"? Since we have discussed all his stuff here anyway.

I got a notice in email today of his new release....

1681228300020.png

#1 New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson meshes Jason Bourne and epic fantasy in this captivating adventure that throws an amnesiac wizard into time travel shenanigans—where his only hope of survival lies in recovering his missing memories.

A man awakes in a clearing in what appears to be medieval England with no memory of who he is, where he came from, or why he is there. Chased by a group from his own time, his sole hope for survival lies in regaining his missing memories, making allies among the locals, and perhaps even trusting in their superstitious boasts. His only help from the “real world” should have been a guidebook entitled The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England, except his copy exploded during transit. The few fragments he managed to save provide clues to his situation, but can he figure them out in time to survive?

Can MOD just rename this thread "Brandon Sanderson"? Since we have discussed all his stuff here anyway.

View attachment 100140

#1 New York Times bestselling author Brandon Sanderson meshes Jason Bourne and epic fantasy in this captivating adventure that throws an amnesiac wizard into time travel shenanigans—where his only hope of survival lies in recovering his missing memories.

A man awakes in a clearing in what appears to be medieval England with no memory of who he is, where he came from, or why he is there. Chased by a group from his own time, his sole hope for survival lies in regaining his missing memories, making allies among the locals, and perhaps even trusting in their superstitious boasts. His only help from the “real world” should have been a guidebook entitled The Frugal Wizard’s Handbook for Surviving Medieval England, except his copy exploded during transit. The few fragments he managed to save provide clues to his situation, but can he figure them out in time to survive?
I want to read all of his secret projects. I have the first one on hold at the library right now.

I just finished The Well of Ascension last week. That book was longer than I expected.

View attachment 100140

Sounds like the movie Warlock combined with Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Maybe some Terminator thrown in as well.

OF COURSE I'll read it...

Great, just realized I missed a novella in between Oathbringer and Rhythm of War...

As the OP, I don't have an issue with this.

Regarding the new release, I've already got it on pre-order on kindle and will read it once I finish Hyperion.

As the OP, I don't have an issue with this.

Regarding the new release, I've already got it on pre-order on kindle and will read it once I finish Hyperion.
how do you like Hyperion?

how do you like Hyperion?

Only about 1/3rd through it since i read it on my kindle before bed, so I only get 15-20 minutes in before I need to put it down. It does hold my interest even though I felt a little lost at the beginning with all of the sci-fi terminology thrown in, but it does start to settle down once it gets to the stories being told about 40-50 pages in.

I'm liking it thus far and if it continues, I'll likely get the next in the series.

Only about 1/3rd through it since i read it on my kindle before bed, so I only get 15-20 minutes in before I need to put it down. It does hold my interest even though I felt a little lost at the beginning with all of the sci-fi terminology thrown in, but it does start to settle down once it gets to the stories being told about 40-50 pages in.

I'm liking it thus far and if it continues, I'll likely get the next in the series.
I am unsure on whether I will be picking up the next one. I finished it at the end of last year...it as good but not enough to make me want to read more of that universe

I want to read all of his secret projects. I have the first one on hold at the library right now.
Is this Tress and the Emerald Sea? It's available at my library