The worst kind of college football fan?

I am a terrible fan.
I only made it to 3 games this year.
The fewest since I was stationed in Korea in 1988.

LOL at minor league football.
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor

This argument makes no sense. They will be the final two regardless. If you think team A is a world-beater because of the "eye test" but they lose in the first round of an 8 or 16 team playoff.... well, then they weren't the best. Expanding ensures more people have a chance and a slice at the pie. It also doesn't inherently undercut any power conference like a 4 team does.

Well if a supposed 'undeserving' team gets in and wins 3 or 4 games against top competition consecutively.... I would say that proved themselves deserving in the playoff. Say we took the top 16 as it sits right now, does Coastal Carolina deserve to be in? They haven't had a tough schedule relative to the likes of other P5 schools ranked above or below them, but say they beat Ohio St in rnd 1, then beat A&M in rnd 2, then Bama in rnd 3, then ND in the final (based on current rankings obviously).... would you seriously say that they didn't deserve it? I would like the Boise St over OU to mean something.

And if we are being honest with ourselves, the rankings would change to accommodate the P5s anyway, like they did when the 4 team cfp started. That is part of the reason why I don't want a committee doing it.
It makes perfect sense. the best 2 teams are not always #1 and #2...(the whole reason the playoff expanded and you cant have #3 with out taking #4 so that is how we got to where we are, not to have a playoff that is all inclusive of undeserving teams)

Statistics prove that the more teams in a "playoff" the less likely the best team actually wins. if the best team can beat any team 9 times out of 10 and the team the lose to happens to just be a team that might beat a team 5 times out of 10 then the best team doesnt win.

It is what it is. Coastal Carolina plays nobody all year, id take most mid-tier p4 teams over them in a 9 out of 10 scenario

Fans who’s team has never lost a game straight up. There’s always an excuse. “It was a monsoon”, “the refs screwed us”, “the coach made bad decisions”, “it was on Halloween”, “it was a night game”, “it was an away game”, “it wasn’t really a neutral field because it was closer to the other team”, “the other team cheats”, the other team pays it’s players”, “our players have to go to class and theirs don’t”, “we have academic standards for our recruits and can’t get the best players and they take illiterate recruits”, etc.
Yeah, those are way worse than fans who love peckers.

I have to fix that tomorrow, btw.

I am a terrible fan.
I only made it to 3 games this year.
The fewest since I was stationed in Korea in 1988.
I can’t even force myself to watch Western on TV.

This season doesn’t interest me in he slightest. Shouldn’t have happened IMO.

I can’t even force myself to watch Western on TV.

This season doesn’t interest me in he slightest. Shouldn’t have happened IMO.
Well, I have enjoyed the hell out of Iowa State's season!

Last edited:
I’m happy for you.

Honesly.
The difference is that the Big Xii started earlier and played a full season.

The B1G, PAC, MAC and MWC should have started earlier or just not played at all. I agree that watching games in those conferences seems pointless this year.

If the Big Xii would have done what the B1G did, I wouldn't give a crap either.

The difference is that the Big Xii started earlier and played a full season.

The B1G, PAC, MAC and MWC should have started earlier or just not played at all. I agree that watching games in those conferences seems pointless this year.

If the Big Xii would have done what the B1G did, I wouldn't give a crap either.
I’m genuinely looking forward to Ivy League games in the spring.

But this partial, thrown together shit is worse than no football for me.

I also hated MLB this year. I need fans in stands or I can’t really watch.

Like the game I have on mute right now.

I’m genuinely looking forward to Ivy League games in the spring.

But this partial, thrown together shit is worse than no football for me.

I also hated MLB this year. I need fans in stands or I can’t really watch.

Like the game I have on mute right now.
I hope the PFL plays this Spring, so I can see Drake play.

It makes perfect sense. the best 2 teams are not always #1 and #2...(the whole reason the playoff expanded and you cant have #3 with out taking #4 so that is how we got to where we are, not to have a playoff that is all inclusive of undeserving teams)
It doesn't make sense because no matter how many teams are in the playoff, it will always boil down to the best 2... the 2 that beat everyone else to get there. Also, the best might not be #1 or #2... but it also might not be #3 or #4, you would never know because you don't want to see what would happen, which is weird because if the top 4 are already assumed to be the best by you, then they would win anyway and it would come down to them. So either way you would get your best 4 in the 2nd rnd of an 8 team and you would get more football - you can't lose.
Statistics prove that the more teams in a "playoff" the less likely the best team actually wins.
That also doesn't make sense. If you are the best team, you will win. If you lose... then you weren't the best team. It's very simple.
if the best team can beat any team 9 times out of 10 and the team the lose to happens to just be a team that might beat a team 5 times out of 10 then the best team doesnt win.
This is stupid. Upsets happen, it is part of the game. It is WHY you play the game because of the phrase... 'Any given Saturday'. You could be the most talented team in all of history, but if you don't bring it on that Saturday, you might lose.... a.k.a. Not the best. I don't care how many times you would beat a team if you played them 10, I care about if you can beat the team ONCE whenever they are put in front of you.

By your logic, there should be no point in playing the games. No point in a 4 team playoff. We should just have Bama and Clemson battle it out every single year, because they have shown to consistently be the best repeatedly enough recently.
It is what it is. Coastal Carolina plays nobody all year, id take most mid-tier p4 teams over them in a 9 out of 10 scenario
So mid-tier.... so like 3 loss? Are you saying you would take a 3 or even a 2 loss team over an undefeated? If that is the case, it is apparent you aren't actually worried about who is the 'best' - you are merely talking about who is the most talented - something that doesn't and shouldn't matter. For example, there is no doubt that 2001 Miami was way more talented than 95 Nebraska... but statistically, 95 Nebraska is the better team. If Coastal Carolina went undefeated... then beat the likes of Ohio St, A&M, Bama, and Notre Dame in the playoff... I highly doubt you would come in here and say they were undeserving. Coastal Carolina or UCF or Cincinnati doing that is highly unlikely, but just because it is unlikely does not mean that they don't deserve the opportunity. In the end, the 2 best will emerge anyway.... again, the 2 that beat everyone else in the playoff to be the best.

Last edited:

Statistics prove that the more teams in a "playoff" the less likely the best team actually wins. if the best team can beat any team 9 times out of 10 and the team the lose to happens to just be a team that might beat a team 5 times out of 10 then the best team doesnt win.

Maybe the best team isn't top 4 and right now never makes the playoffs. That's why autobids for conf champs and then an at large or two will be the best situation.

LOL at minor league football.
Lmao Lol GIF by reactionseditor
Really? You do realize coming in a forum you don’t care about just to say how little you care makes you look nothing but pathetic, right?

I mean, I’ve always considered you a pathetic loser, but you’re managing to sink even lower some how

the point of the 4 team format is to ensure the 2 best teams have a chance at the title. expanding it further allows undeserving teams a shot they dont deserve and could back their way into. I could get on board with BCS with a oversight committee in case there are shenanigans that need a human element to resolve.
Need a little clarification NU.

Do you mean back their way into a playoff spot? Or, do you mean back their way into a national championship?