Things We're Cooking

Hells yes!! 25 bucks?! I should get one for that reason alone!!

You seeing this thread, @CorpRebel
My DIY episodes are gonna be lit! Literally!!

Fox Tv Fire GIF by Bob's Burgers

That's the one I have, but I'm a Lowe's guy.
Britney Spears Ew GIF

Not the worst thing I’ve seen on the internet today but pretty close.

But the seasoning… if I do the torch thingie, seriously nothing but s&p? I kinda had my heart set on garlic, rosemary & thyme :ohwell:

That's the one I have, but I'm a Lowe's guy.
I have 3 half empty ones with a couple of torch ends.
You never know when you have to solder something; and I can never find the last bottle until after the job so I go get another one.

But the seasoning… if I do the torch thingie, seriously nothing but s&p? I kinda had my heart set on garlic, rosemary & thyme :ohwell:
I don’t see how that would mess anything up. Oven is only at 275 degrees, but that should be fine.

Sounds good. I’m going to put some garlic on mine.

I don’t see how that would mess anything up. Oven is only at 275 degrees, but that should be fine.

Sounds good. I’m going to put some garlic on mine.

I like to mince that all up with rosemary, thyme and shallots and a good course salt and pepper, then mix it with room temp butter and schmear that shit all over it. Maybe even a smidge under the fat cap.

I like to mince that all up with rosemary, thyme and shallots and a good course salt and pepper, then mix it with room temp butter and schmear that shit all over it. Maybe even a smidge under the fat cap.
I think I’m gonna do all the herbs & garlic in a mortar & pestle with a little olive oil so it’s a thick paste. Butter might come into play as well.

I think I’m gonna do all the herbs & garlic in a mortar & pestle with a little olive oil so it’s a thick paste. Butter might come into play as well.
I pretty much do that with just a knife. I think a little chunk adds a nice texture to the bark tho

Shit yeah!

My mom is making Yorkshire pudding and it uses some of the pan drippings, so I gotta see if she thinks that would be a problem. Otherwise, hell yes.

W

Shit yeah!

My mom is making Yorkshire pudding and it uses some of the pan drippings, so I gotta see if she thinks that would be a problem. Otherwise, hell yes.

W
Never had it. Seems like an east coast thing.

I pretty much do that with just a knife. I think a little chunk adds a nice texture to the bark tho
Looking at the thermometers that stay inside the whole time but the display is on the outside. Will I ever need a 2 probe one? It’s only a few bucks more than the single.

Plus, the single, I’d have to order from that fuckface, bezos. The double can be picked up today.

Looking at the thermometers that stay inside the whole time but the display is on the outside. Will I ever need a 2 probe one? It’s only a few bucks more than the single.
I’ve got one that can accommodate four probes. I’ve never used more than three at once though.

(so much potential here for a cooking comment)

Shit yeah!

W
Can't imagine it would, at most it would flavor the pudding a bit but I doubt it would be noticeable

*This only me opinion. I've only made popover so didn't utilize beef fat

Threw a small brisket flat on the smoker after church for the wife and I tonight. Also decided to split the chex mix batch we're taking to her family tomorrow and putting half of it on the smoker as well. Both ended up pretty tasty.

Looking to try cold smoking a homemade cheese ball when we get back.

20221225_200727.jpg

First time I saw my local Kroger with pork belly, so I picked up the 6 pounds and made some burnt ends.

20230103_134724.jpg20230103_175138.jpg20230103_185904.jpg