tOfficial 2021 NHL Playoff thread

I didn't see any dirty hockey, just a barely interested Lightning team. I didn't think Cooper would let his boys take a game off so they could win the cup at home, but I suppose human nature outweighs coaching sometimes.

Anyways, looking forward to a good riot in Montreal Wednesday night about this time :nod:
I meant, a lot of garbage scrums, weird refereeing and questionable uncalled hits.

And that's Vancouver who riots. The Quebecois probably only get rowdy over the supply of rancid cheese or Celine Dion albums.

I meant, a lot of garbage scrums, weird refereeing and questionable uncalled hits.

And that's Vancouver who riots. The Quebecois probably only get rowdy over the supply of rancid cheese or Celine Dion albums.
Crazy that they usually riot after a win, but they aren't as calm as you think.

2010: Looters smashed windows and clashed with police on Montreal's Ste-Catherine St. after the Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the final game of the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. At least 25 people were arrested.

2008: Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed after the Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins to advance to the second round that season's playoffs.

1993: Montreal's Stanley Cup victory over the Los Angeles Kings turned ugly when fans began vandalizing stores and setting police cars ablaze. Nearly 170 people were injured and more than 100 were arrested. The violence caused an estimated $2.5 million in damage.

1986 - Some 5,000 jubilant Montreal fans celebrating the Canadiens' Stanely Cup win over the Calgary Flames rampaged through the city's downtown. Officials were so poorly prepared that Quebec courts ruled police criminally negligent.

1955: Violence broke out in the streets of Montreal after star forward Maurice Richard was handed a stiff suspension. Richard broke his stick over a Boston Bruins player and hit a linesmen, causing the NHL to suspend him for all remaining games including potential playoff matches. Habs fans rioted in protest of the ruling, which many interpreted as a prejudicial decision based in part on Richard's francophone heritage. There were roughly 100 arrests and $100,000 worth of property damage during the riot.

Crazy that they usually riot after a win, but they aren't as calm as you think.

2010: Looters smashed windows and clashed with police on Montreal's Ste-Catherine St. after the Canadiens defeated the Pittsburgh Penguins in the final game of the second round of the Stanley Cup playoffs. At least 25 people were arrested.

2008: Cars were burned and downtown stores were trashed after the Canadiens beat the Boston Bruins to advance to the second round that season's playoffs.

1993: Montreal's Stanley Cup victory over the Los Angeles Kings turned ugly when fans began vandalizing stores and setting police cars ablaze. Nearly 170 people were injured and more than 100 were arrested. The violence caused an estimated $2.5 million in damage.

1986 - Some 5,000 jubilant Montreal fans celebrating the Canadiens' Stanely Cup win over the Calgary Flames rampaged through the city's downtown. Officials were so poorly prepared that Quebec courts ruled police criminally negligent.

1955: Violence broke out in the streets of Montreal after star forward Maurice Richard was handed a stiff suspension. Richard broke his stick over a Boston Bruins player and hit a linesmen, causing the NHL to suspend him for all remaining games including potential playoff matches. Habs fans rioted in protest of the ruling, which many interpreted as a prejudicial decision based in part on Richard's francophone heritage. There were roughly 100 arrests and $100,000 worth of property damage during the riot.
Oh. Well I learned something new. Thanks.

It ends tonite.

Fuck the entire country of Canada

WOOOT!! Back to Back bitches!! ⚡⚡🏒🏒⚡⚡🏒💪

WOOOT!! Back to Back bitches!! ⚡⚡🏒🏒⚡⚡🏒💪

I was hoping for that. Because:

Fuck the entire country of Canada

...And now that the GM who destroyed my team is now dishing out 8-year contracts to 3rd line forwards in Edmonton and my team swiped the GM who built the foundation for your back-to-back Cups, I'm starting to see a flicker of light for my team again...

Good run in Tampa right now. Enjoy. :beer2:

I mean this was the NHL, right? You surprised? :wink:

So we gonna get any rule changes relating to what Tampa did with the cap?

FTR I don't blame them at all, they found a loophole in the rule and exploited it. Any smart team would do the same.