tOfficial Amazon Thread

Bro, it’s okay, Amazon Drive is going away soon. Surely they will use those resource dollars and the 30% increase in cost recently to make Prime better for everyone.

Surely they won’t spend the money on getting one meaningless regular season sportsball game a week.

I'm glad Amazon doesn't do their own deliveries out here in the sticks where I live. The only time I had a delivery scheduled from them I was working at the refinery living in my 5th wheel and it never came. Showed delivered, not there.
Asked all the neighbors and all I got was no.
That's sad. So you never got your complete DVD set of Spencer for Hire?

Seems lately Amazon isn't as quick to deliver as they used to be. I'm finding the next day delivery for things being less and less. Also, when waiting for packages and you click "track package" it may say delivered by 3:00-4:00 PM, but then as you track it through the day the time gets pushed back to "Arriving by 10 pm". How about I see that my package arrived at the shipping facility at 4:30 AM, I'll just drive there and pick it up?
I've seen prices for things that I've added to my wish list for future consideration rise by 90%. They're quick to add a note when a price drops by 1 or 2 percent but not when they almost double the price.

I've seen prices for things that I've added to my wish list for future consideration rise by 90%. They're quick to add a note when a price drops by 1 or 2 percent but not when they almost double the price.
Fuck 'em! Stop buying from them and cancel Prime.

Fuck 'em! Stop buying from them and cancel Prime.
Don't have Prime. I consider Amazon to be useful idiots. I have a 25 year old Briggs and Stratton lawn mower. It runs like a top but the gas cap is cracked so it lets too much air into the tank. You simply cannot buy a gas cap for a 25 year old Briggs and Stratton but I found one on Amazon. Overpriced for sure but I need it!

Needed an air filter for the motorhome. $200 on amazon with free shipping. I could get it other places for $180 with $50 shipping. Got it in 5 days. Other places said 4 weeks.
Hell yes I pay for prime.

I like my Prime! I get my money's worth for the subscription fee year-round, especially around this time of year. I get most of my electronics stuff from Amazon and sometimes B&H PhotoVideo.

Sometimes my neighbors must think I'm running a "mail-order biz" outta my place!! :dhd:

:martini:

Don't have Prime. I consider Amazon to be useful idiots. I have a 25 year old Briggs and Stratton lawn mower. It runs like a top but the gas cap is cracked so it lets too much air into the tank. You simply cannot buy a gas cap for a 25 year old Briggs and Stratton but I found one on Amazon. Overpriced for sure but I need it!
Of course! If it exists (read: is made in China) it's on Amazon. If cheap Chinese shit was suddenly barred from importation, Amazon would go tits-up tomorrow.

I have said about a dozen times "okay, that's the last time I buy cheap Chinese shit on Amazon" but this last time, buying a replacement radiator for a Toyota that was $200 on Amazon than from Toyota was the last straw. Literally lasted five weeks, two days past the return window.

Never again. I mean it this time.

I like my Prime! I get my money's worth for the subscription fee year-round, especially around this time of year. I get most of my electronics stuff from Amazon and sometimes B&H PhotoVideo.

Sometimes my neighbors must think I'm running a "mail-order biz" outta my place!! :dhd:

:martini:
Most everything has free shipping if you spend 35 or whatever. I'm not even sure what the subscription really provides other than prime video and free shipping on stuff below 35.

Of course! If it exists (read: is made in China) it's on Amazon. If cheap Chinese shit was suddenly barred from importation, Amazon would go tits-up tomorrow.

I have said about a dozen times "okay, that's the last time I buy cheap Chinese shit on Amazon" but this last time, buying a replacement radiator for a Toyota that was $200 on Amazon than from Toyota was the last straw. Literally lasted five weeks, two days past the return window.

I always try to avoid shit made in China. If I'm in doubt, I'll send a message to the seller asking if it's manufactured in China. Yes means no sale. Also if the product description uses butchered English, then that's a huge red flag as is if there are no customer reviews. Believe it or not, the gas cap came from Ireland. First time for everything.

I always try to avoid shit made in China. If I'm in doubt, I'll send a message to the seller asking if it's manufactured in China. Yes means no sale. Also if the product description uses butchered English, then that's a huge red flag as is if there are no customer reviews. Believe it or not, the gas cap came from Ireland. First time for everything.
Most everything that's sold these days is pretty much "Made in China". But one thing I usually do with Amazon is that I mostly buy ONLY if says in the listing:
Sold By Amazon
Shipped By Amazon

Also, Amazon has the BEST return/refund policy than just about anyone else. NEVER have had any issues with returns and getting a refund. IMO and experience, of course. :nod:

It’s amusing as fuck how Amazon is allowed to sell Chinese products which ignore American trademark/patent laws. I mean, why buy the $20 American made or patented widget when you can buy the $5 knockoff on the same website?

This too, things I have been buying routinely around a certain price have increased by $10-$15 within the last couple of weeks. Then they are an added $5 if I am looking at the ones that are available the next day. I figure most of that price raise is due to poor economy and rising gas prices, but the product is not worth an additional $15.

It’s amusing as fuck how Amazon is allowed to sell Chinese products which ignore American trademark/patent laws. I mean, why buy the $20 American made or patented widget when you can buy the $5 knockoff on the same website?
If you were a lawmaker, would you want Jeff Bezos saying bad things about you in his D.C. rag?

Tread very, very carefully on Amazon.

Back