tOfficial Amazon Thread

It’s amusing as fuck how Amazon is allowed to sell Chinese products which ignore American trademark/patent laws. I mean, why buy the $20 American made or patented widget when you can buy the $5 knockoff on the same website?
Also, I hate supporting Walmart too but if you Google it, I guess they have some pretty strict guidelines for listing products for sale on Walmart.com

No Chinese shit with brand names like Sunsparkledtwinecc

Buddy when the economy is shit and you're paying $100 to fill up your gas tank, I don't care if my $2 widget is a knock off. $2 in these times is $2.

Buddy when the economy is shit and you're paying $100 to fill up your gas tank, I don't care if my $2 widget is a knock off. $2 in these times is $2.
Joe Biden Smh GIF by Election 2020

If you were a lawmaker, would you want Jeff Bezos saying bad things about you in his D.C. rag?

Tread very, very carefully on Amazon.

I’ll take it one step further.

Under American law (in most states), if you are the seller of a product and that product is defective you (as the seller) are just as liable for its defect as the manufacturer is. This is called “being in the chain of distribution”. It’s how we hold products manufactured overseas liable here in America.

Amazon has challenged this law claiming that they are merely the SHIPPER of these products NOT the “seller”. Huh? This is a major source of litigation for them all around the country given the number of Chinese manufactured products they sell. A good example of this is computer batteries for laptops. People frequently buy these batteries that aren’t from the manufacturer because they are cheaper. They often fail causing fires. Who do you sue?

It’s Spenser for Hire. Great series. They also made 3-4 made for TV movies that were also good.

I read most of Robert B. Parker’s Spenser novels.

I have nearly completed my collection in hardbound. I have to check my catalog but I picked up 3 Spenser and 2 Jesse Stone in the last couple weeks.

It’s Spenser for Hire. Great series. They also made 3-4 made for TV movies that were also good.

I read most of Robert B. Parker’s Spenser novels.
Poor Urich, I knew him well.

...and I just found out how the hard way.

Anyone heard about "Your refund will be processed when we receive your item"?

Remember how it always was that when you drop the return off and the barcode is scanned, you get the refund? Not anymore.

I returned (4) electronic items because none of them would install correctly and it's a common issue with the item. I returned them on 11/28 and nothing yet except "Your refund will be processed when we receive your item."

When I Googled this issue, it seems consumers are outraged because refunds are taking weeks and some aren't getting them at all.

More here...

My supplement finally showed up 3 weeks later (was supposed to take overnight lol).

First it got lost and I had to cancel the item (I did get a refund 3 days later).

But then I order the same supplement direct from the manufacturer and guess what - delivered by Amazon anyways. 🤦‍♂️

So of course the package was delayed again, but this time I eventually got it.

Two years ago I ordered some speakers for someone for xmas. After several weeks and still hadn’t arrived, I canceled it and went to a store to buy them instead. I was supposed to be refunded once it returned to wherever. I think I got my refund 10 months later.

Lulz

I ordered and wool blanket and returned an old shoe. Processed.

Dance Party Dancing GIF

Back