tOfficial B1G Thread

I had serious concerns/doubts about Penix coming in.

I won't second guess DeBoer again. :)

The bigger question will be can UW keep Grubb for yet one more year? It's going to be a tall order for both of our schools to keep their core staff in tact with all this national pub.

It's nearly impossible to keep the staff in tact when you are having success. Success leads to promotions. It's really only a matter of the right situation popping open at the right time. I'm not saying Grubb is going to leave UW this offseason but when OCs/DCs get head coaching jobs at major programs, they shouldn't turn them down. Look at Alabama. Saban goes through coordinators so quickly because they end up getting HC jobs at major programs.

The portal isn't where you are going to find that though. They are in the portal for a reason. Not because they were winning titles.

Once in a long while there will be a winning lottery ticket, like a Kenneth Walker
or Joe Burrow. Or a guy like Justin Fields. They are few and far between though.

The portal should be used to add depth to a team and pick up guys as stop gaps.

Baker, Kyler, Burrow, Fields, Hurts, Hooker, Penix, Daniels, Nix, Gabriel, Jordan Travis, Ewers, Caleb Williams, DJU, all were transfers. Between that group there are 9 CFP appearances(with their new team) 2 CFPCG appearances and a title.

WhoPhoneDis has obviously never played organized football.

"You can't find good players in the portal" - @NewPhoneWhoDis

Meanwhile:

Baker #1 overall pick
Kyler #1 overall pick
Burrow #1 overall pick
Will Grier 3rd round pick
Hurts 2nd round pick
Jacob Eason 4th round pick
Justin Fields 1st round pick
Malik Willis 3rd round pick
Bailey Zappe 4th round pick
Will Levis 2nd round pick
Hooker 3rd round pick

If my team ever makes a hype video for their punter, I’m done.

Andy Groom had his own nickname and was very well loved at Ohio State. Dude was amazing that 02 year with his punts.

Mike Nugent had his own theme song (Stranglehold) anytime he came out in the field for a kick

Andy Groom had his own nickname and was very well loved at Ohio State. Dude was amazing that 02 year with his punts.

Mike Nugent had his own theme song (Stranglehold) anytime he came out in the field for a kick
I’m all for giving the punter some love and all that. Just hyping him as the centerpiece of your team…

Gaining 10-12 yards per possession is nothing to sneeze at.
We prefer to score TD's and leave the punter on the bench all day. But maybe that's just us.

We prefer to score TD's and leave the punter on the bench all day. But maybe that's just us.

That would be nice to have, I will admit. But it is also fun seeing fans of other teams get frustrated because they don't come close to their season average against Iowa, most of the time.

Iowa at least has a defense.

northwestern-wildcats-150x150.png

2023 FCS Coordinator of the Year from the South Dakota State Jackrabbits will be the new OC at Northwestern.

BREAKING: Northwestern set to hire South Dakota State’s Zach Lujan as offensive coordinator

Last edited:
There's a guy on Twitter who for, at least, the last decade has been polling Michigan fans throughout seasons to get a 1-100 sense of their feeling about the program. It's hilarious to see the swings

GDaJ2ZtbMAAI_QY