tOfficial B1G Thread

Smart move on his part. Down year with injuries, his draft stock fell. Plus this WR class is insane.

He's got a chance to have a monster year in 2024 if he can stay healthy. The other WRs we have returning are very talented but also very young, Egbuka will be the go too out of the gate for Howard.

Is that allowed? He isn't in the transfer portal yet

Who cares? Everyone else is clearly "tampeing" we might as well do it too since nobody is gonna do anything to stop it.

Players seem to know where they are going most of the time before they even enter the portal. Can't tell me other teams aren't contacting guys before they officially enter the portal working out the details.

I guess Downs followed a ton of Ohio State players and coaches on twitter, that seems to be a good tell now a days.

Who cares? Everyone else is clearly "tampeing" we might as well do it too since nobody is gonna do anything to stop it.

Players seem to know where they are going most of the time before they even enter the portal. Can't tell me other teams aren't contacting guys before they officially enter the portal working out the details.

I guess Downs followed a ton of Ohio State players and coaches on twitter, that seems to be a good tell now a days.

Yeah I saw the Twitter report then I saw that Ohio State "was in contact" with him. Just don't want any problems bc of dumb shit like that

But, stealing signs is a big deal?

Guess we really have a NIL machine working now, glad It only took 3 straight losses to Michigan, missing the playoff 2 of the last 3 years and a embarrassing bowl loss to Missouri to get with the program.

Guess we really have a NIL machine working now, glad It only took 3 straight losses to Michigan, missing the playoff 2 of the last 3 years and a embarrassing bowl loss to Missouri to get with the program.

if you want, let us beat you three more years in a row to improve that NIL machine even more

Fuck lol. If we can't beat y'all at home in 2024 we may never do it again.

Can't say I'm expecting to win next year's game, but I'm curious to see what we do return... biggest question IMO is what the OL will look like. I think the best case scenario for us next year is splitting Texas/Oregon (at least those games are in Ann Arbor; gonna try to get tickets for one of those) and winning the other 9. 10 wins could be enough to crack the 12 team playoff

Can't say I'm expecting to win next year's game, but I'm curious to see what we do return... biggest question IMO is what the OL will look like. I think the best case scenario for us next year is splitting Texas/Oregon (at least those games are in Ann Arbor; gonna try to get tickets for one of those) and winning the other 9. 10 wins could be enough to crack the 12 team playoff
Clock is ticking and I see JJ, Edwards, and all those other dudes with eligibility haven't declared yet. They waiting on Harbaugh's decision?

Clock is ticking and I see JJ, Edwards, and all those other dudes with eligibility haven't declared yet. They waiting on Harbaugh's decision?

Colson declared today, he seems like a type of guy that Michigan would get to return in the past. Maybe winning the title will push those types of guys to go pro.

Jaylen Harrell has eligibility left but is entering the draft as well. Their sack leader. Another guy whos the type Michigan gets to return usually lately

Edwards I could see staying (though his national title game performance might send him off) but i'd be shocked if McCarthy returns at this point.

Hard to say. I'd be more surprised if JJ stays than Edwards, but I don't think Michigan necessarily needs Edwards to stay. Mullings looks to get the bulk of the carries along with Hall/Marshall/Cabana
Colson declared today, he seems like a type of guy that Michigan would get to return in the past. Maybe winning the title will push those types of guys to go pro.

Jaylen Harrell has eligibility left but is entering the draft as well. Their sack leader. Another guy whos the type Michigan gets to return usually lately

Edwards I could see staying but i'd be shocked if McCarthy returns at this point.

I'd rather have Harrell back than Colson. Colson's a fine LB, but not very flashy... he at least cleaned up the mental errors this year. I think Barrett's a much bigger loss at LB. Good rusher, but also looked pretty good in coverage. Harrell came on pretty strong at the end of the year. DL won't be as deep as this year's, but it should still be a very good unit. Sainristil might be the biggest loss in terms of leadership and performance. Crazy to think he was a 3* #SpeedInSpace receiver when they brought him in. If there's one thing this staff has done really well, it's find different roles for players where they could thrive. Barrett was a dual threat QB before moving to LB... Mullings was a LB before they converted him to RB... and Sainristil from WR to CB/Nickel

Hard to say. I'd be more surprised if JJ stays than Edwards, but I don't think Michigan necessarily needs Edwards to stay. Mullings looks to get the bulk of the carries along with Hall/Marshall/Cabana
Yeah I can see that too. Edwards is a really nice weapon, but he needs a lead back to head up the rotation.

Yeah I can see that too. Edwards is a really nice weapon, but he needs a lead back to head up the rotation.

He's explosive, but he doesn't have the tackle breaking ability that Corum had. And Corum was a lot like Edwards before he bulked up (look at him in 2021 vs 2022). He's better as a contrast to a more physical back and as someone who could be used in the passing game. A little disappointed we didn't use him as a receiver more often

If he is back, I would love to see more split back formations and angle/wheel routes with Edwards