tOfficial B1G Thread

200.gif

should yall smash this tfred with the PAC Thread now, or do we need approval from the Oregon St/Cal plorsters?
Oh crap, a real dilemma.

I Want Both Matt Leblanc GIF

Everyone was so high on UW because of their recent two years of success and this year obviously being big success, but I always thought it was a bit too much credit given to UW. Because for the majority of these past 20 years, Washington has had best been mediocre.

To me UW is a shaky market, sure they bring in the Seattle market when they are good, but just how good is that market when they are mediocre or bad, as they have been for the better part of 20 years. That market is quick to not pay attention to UW and settle with the Seahawks.

It's a gamble from the B1G. They are/were banking on continued success from UW to capitalize off that Seattle market, but if you get the typical washington team, you're not really getting much.

Really shocked Donovan Edwards decided to comeback considering everyone else is going and they have to replace their entire OL. Musta put together a hell of a NIL deal for him.

Really shocked Donovan Edwards decided to comeback considering everyone else is going and they have to replace their entire OL. Musta put together a hell of a NIL deal for him.
He was going to be lucky to be a 4th/5th round pick, he really needs to come back.

he never got the best opportunity to help his draft stock with Corrum carrying the load. They will have a much worse team but he can at least have a chance to prove he can carry a bigger workload

Ohio State is hiring the guy who thought it would be a good idea to give Jimbo Fisher that contract (also he was a hot mess as Ole Miss AD as well) as our new AD when Gene Smith retires in the summer. Fucking awful decision. Like potentially program wrecking.

he never got the best opportunity to help his draft stock with Corrum carrying the load. They will have a much worse team but he can at least have a chance to prove he can carry a bigger workload

That could be a bad thing though with a patch work OL and potentially no QB who's really much of a passing threat. The workload he carries might not look so great under those circumstances.

Ohio State is hiring the guy who thought it would be a good idea to give Jimbo Fisher that contract (also he was a hot mess as Ole Miss AD as well) as our new AD when Gene Smith retires in the summer. Fucking awful decision. Like potentially program wrecking.
Agreed, read Tamu isn’t going to fight to keep him.

Interesting they won’t hire any of Gene Smiths protégés.

Agreed, read Tamu isn’t going to fight to keep him.

Interesting they won’t hire any of Gene Smiths protégés.

I think that's a good thing, but i'm not a fan of the direction they are going in either. Best hope is that Bjork was a product of the environment at A&M and Ole Miss and cooler heads in Columbus prevail and he corrects his past error ways.

Michigan didn't utilize him properly this year. They should have been using him in the passing game way more than they did. Coming into the season I was really hoping they'd use him as an slot-back, akin to what OSU did with Curtis Samuel in 2016. Also seems like he was more impatient earlier in the season and wasn't letting things develop or making cuts. He looked much more like 2021-22 Edwards later in the season. Edwards isn't someone that's going to break many tackles like Corum, but if he can find that cut he's gone.

I'd imagine he'll be splitting carries with Mullings next year with the latter being used more for inside runs and shorter conversions.

So Ross Bjork from Texas A&M coming to OSU as the new AD. At least the NIL fund should continue to grow.

So Ross Bjork from Texas A&M coming to OSU as the new AD. At least the NIL fund should continue to grow.

I don't like it. Seems like Texas A&M isn't someone you want to model yourselves after. He was a disaster at Ole Miss during the Houston Nutt fiasco as well.

I HOPE he was just a product of his environment at A&M and Ole Miss and that the adults in the room can form a cooler mind at Ohio State

Is there buyers remorse for the B1G now? I mean you got Oregon who looks like they are going to hold steady. but after that
USC name brand doing nothing
Washington just played in the NC game and they looks like they are going to fall apart.
UCLA was never about football but rather the basketball brand that is currently tied for last in a rather bad Pac 12and lost 90-44 to Utah.
Nah. They already have a lot of teams like those four and they haven't kicked any of them out. Why not add a few more?

Harbaugh seeks protection in contract

"Specifically, Wetzel reports that Harbaugh wants "language that would grant him immunity from termination from any finding or sanction that could arise from multiple current NCAA investigations."

In other words, Michigan would commit to not firing him, in the event the NCAA drops the hammer so hard that firing him would be the only real option."

Harbaugh seeks protection in contract

"Specifically, Wetzel reports that Harbaugh wants "language that would grant him immunity from termination from any finding or sanction that could arise from multiple current NCAA investigations."

In other words, Michigan would commit to not firing him, in the event the NCAA drops the hammer so hard that firing him would be the only real option."

Seems like Harbaugh is doing a reverse now. He's stalling hoping the NFL will give him what he wants instead of using the NFL as a bargaining chip with Michigan.