tOfficial B1G Thread

Crazy NCAA handing down punishments for teams that openly and brazenly cheat, it's just nonsense.
Nah, the NCAA got their power stripped from them so they're going after nonsense; like they did at FSU. Paying players is fine, having a coach drive a kid.....PUNISHMENT!

From the sound of it, it sounds like Michigan is willing to put that in the contract but there's dispute about what specifically is covered in it.

Last edited:
Looks like we may be hiring Bill O'Brien as our OC, not my first choice but I don't hate it. I know some are going to hate it but he did very well at Bama in 2021 and 2022, has shown he can be a good college OC. We coulda done much worse and it seems like Day may finally actually be handing over the play calling.

Looks like we may be hiring Bill O'Brien as our OC, not my first choice but I don't hate it. I know some are going to hate it but he did very well at Bama in 2021 and 2022, has shown he can be a good college OC. We coulda done much worse and it seems like Day may finally actually be handing over the play calling.

Yeah, that's a positive hire IMO

Yeah, that's a positive hire IMO

It's really just what we need, someone with tons of experience who can come in and just overtake the offense so Day can step away and focus on just being a Head Coach and those duties. Keeping Day away from the play calling is a win in itself.

He did very well? According to the Bama fans he was the worst thing ever...

He did very well? According to the Bama fans he was the worst thing ever...

They finished 6th/4th in the country in PPG his 2 years there. Terrible!

Bama fans blame him for their failures in 2022. Misdirected blame, the defense is the one that lost them the Tennessee and LSU games

2021 they probably win the title if they weren't without their 2 best WRs for most of the title game against UGA.

With the addition of Caleb Downs, Ohio States defense should be really damn good next season.

Return 7 starters and replaced one of the ones they lost with Downs. Ty Hamilton, who replaces Mike Hall, only played 30 less snaps than Hall. Cody Simon at LB had a ton of playing time last year bc of injuries and played respectable while there. The other LB is the only question mark with experience and will either be CJ Hicks, the #2 LB from 2022 or they may move Sonny Styles from safety to LB (he is 6'4" 230 so that probably better suits him anyway).

Excited to see what the defense does next season