tOfficial Bourbon thread

I bought a bottle of 1792 Single Batch.

if I see Eagle Rare on the shelf, I will buy it.
I have a few 1792's not impressed with them. I have a full proof barrel pick and a 12 year. Their sweet wheat is ok. To me, better options in their price range. Eagle Rare is the best at store price, IMO.

Finally got my hands on the fall Makers FAE-02. I love me some Makers, but not feeling this one. FAE-01 as awesome, but this one has a lot more heat and can really taste the char. It's now been open about 2 weeks so gonna try it again and see if it opened up any.

Anyone else tried it yet?

bought a bottle of Eagle Rare when I was up in NJ

funny how I can find these seemingly generic brands up there but not here in MD

bought a bottle of Eagle Rare when I was up in NJ

funny how I can find these seemingly generic brands up there but not here in MD
Yup, I've heard that Eagle Rare is still easy to find in certain areas. It is impossible to find here unless willing to go secondary and pay $100+ for it. Too many good ones under $100 to bother with that. I'll wait for the hipsters to move on from bourbon and pick it up when it sits on the shelf for $30 again. But ER is one I really really enjoy.

Yup, I've heard that Eagle Rare is still easy to find in certain areas. It is impossible to find here unless willing to go secondary and pay $100+ for it. Too many good ones under $100 to bother with that. I'll wait for the hipsters to move on from bourbon and pick it up when it sits on the shelf for $30 again. But ER is one I really really enjoy.
my one liquor store had a handle for $100...I should have grabbed that

my one liquor store had a handle for $100...I should have grabbed that
Yeah that's not a bad price. There is one guy here in town that has a few 750ml's of ER for $75. A few times I've been tempted but I still have a 1/4 of a bottle left and dozens of other ones I need to open and try. So I just keep waiting and hoping that the $75's don't go away and when I do want to buy it again it's $100. Willing to risk it. As long as I can find makers cask strength, not going to be an issue. That's a safe fall back that is always around.

I bought my annual Bourbon County barrel aged stout from Goose Island

I have one from every year going back to 2013

I have a cousin that lives in PA, and I send him a bottle of Buffalo Trace every so often. He was amazed that it was in every liquor store in Vegas, and they cant get it out there. I dont think its very special, but when you cant get it, I guess that makes it taste better.

Costco is my friend. big bottle of Woodford Reserve is 55 bucks. There is no better deal on booze.

I have a cousin that lives in PA, and I send him a bottle of Buffalo Trace every so often. He was amazed that it was in every liquor store in Vegas, and they cant get it out there. I dont think its very special, but when you cant get it, I guess that makes it taste better.

Costco is my friend. big bottle of Woodford Reserve is 55 bucks. There is no better deal on booze.
the Navy Exchange on the nearby Navy base has better prices

First off, I dont believe you. Secondly, not really an option for me. Third, stop being a smarmy pants.
my grocery stores near me (BJ/Sams Club included) don't sell booze here.

and we don't have a Costco.

So the Navy Exchange is the best deal for me...when I can get someone to take me there

If you are going to drink port cask bourbon, might as well start drinking Irish and get the full experience. Also, can't stand rye in any iteration.