tOfficial Bourbon thread

EH Taylor (anything) is so good and impossible to find in Idaho.
Conversely, Buffalo Trace and Sazerac Rye are plentiful.

EH Taylor (anything) is so good and impossible to find in Idaho.
Conversely, Buffalo Trace and Sazerac Rye are plentiful.
EHT is hard to find anywhere, I've never seen it on a shelf except at loyalty point places.

Bulleit going down smooth today

Finished off my Buffalo Trace tonight. Have a couple other bottles I want to finish before I got restock.

Finished off a bottle of Douglas and Todd, which was alright. Kind of an impulse purchase, but nothing special.

ok, I'm in the market to restock my bourbon collection. I will be finishing off my Wild Turkey 101 bottle tonight and effectively have zero open bottles of bourbon in my house besides the decanter of Widow Jane.

I will need a cheaper but still good bottle (might just get Buffalo Trace if it's on the shelf) and maybe something in the $60 range.

we should change the Beer forum to "beverages" and move this there

ok, I'm in the market to restock my bourbon collection. I will be finishing off my Wild Turkey 101 bottle tonight and effectively have zero open bottles of bourbon in my house besides the decanter of Widow Jane.

I will need a cheaper but still good bottle (might just get Buffalo Trace if it's on the shelf) and maybe something in the $60 range.
For cheap, 1792?

Eagle Rare if you can find it is my favorite right now. Wild Turkey Rare Breed is under $60 and better than 101 (which is still good BTW). Other than that, get a Makers product and you can't go wrong if you are a BT fan.

Reactions: ill
Eagle Rare if you can find it is my favorite right now. Wild Turkey Rare Breed is under $60 and better than 101 (which is still good BTW). Other than that, get a Makers product and you can't go wrong if you are a BT fan.
Woodford Reserve or GTFO

Woodford Reserve or GTFO
Still have a 2018 derby print bottle I haven't opened. Wonder if it's actually worth anything

(Think it's 18... Maybe 17 or 16?)

Still have a 2018 derby print bottle I haven't opened. Wonder if it's actually worth anything

(Think it's 18... Maybe 17 or 16?)
You should look it up, could be worth something. 2018 is a couple of hundred if you can find it.
1621000868798.png

WR Double Oaked is the only one I can stand.
That’s the one I like the least.

I don’t see how you can’t like Woodford. You basically said you couldn’t stand it and that blows my mind.

I don’t see how you can’t like Woodford. You basically said you couldn’t stand it and that blows my mind.
What are your thoughts on cilantro?

What are your thoughts on cilantro?
It’s over powering so typically it is over used and that is all I can taste. I’m not opposed to the flavor, I just don’t want the entire dish to feel like I’m eating a plate of cilantro. I don’t use it when I cook or green bell peppers either (always substitute red or yellow).

It’s over powering so typically it is over used and that is all I can taste. I’m not opposed to the flavor, I just don’t want the entire dish to feel like I’m eating a plate of cilantro. I don’t use it when I cook or green bell peppers either (always substitute red or yellow).
I think he's one of those anti-cilantro'ers so his tastebuds are suspect.

It's one note and has nothing interesting about it. It's not bad, just not something I'd drink neat. Great for mixing, but there are cheaper/better alternatives for mixers.