tOfficial Fire Ryan Day thread.

To me it's always possible a guy could conceivably take a Nebraska and make them kinda like Wisky lite....but they will never be what they were in the 90s.

Ohio State had to get really active in the South etc as well...Tress didn't do as much of that as Urban.

And every other state minus Pennsylvania in BIG country is way worse than Ohio
That's EXACTLY what I said. I said Nebraska could find a coach to be competitive in the B1G West, but you would have thought I told him Nebraska would never have a winning season again.

Someone would have to figure out how to crack Texas. Good luck with that with kids that weren't born when Nebraska was king.
The issue for Nebraska now is --- they no longer play in the Southwest. When they played in the Big 12 -- they could recruit Texas well, as those kids grew up watching the Big 12, they know about the big rivalries and who the top teams are.

Now -- kids in the Southwest watch little to no B1G football. What they do watch are the top games like OSU/Michigan, OSU/PSU, Michigan/PSU -- the games with a national audience. They couldn't care less about watching Iowa/Nebraska, Wisconsin/Nebraska -- their rivalries are now regional rivalries.

So if a top recruit from the Southwest wants to play in the Midwest -- it is going to be at................Ohio State. If there is ever a kid whose family puts academics on par with football, Michigan can get that kid, like they did with Daxton Hill, Jabrill Peppers, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Rashan Gary, etc. Those are the top recruits we get.

I mean, the dude does kinda look like a mongoloid, tbh???? Lol.

it kinda mirrors the first few Harbaugh seasons. Not as good as Day's first few seasons of course, but the last time Michigan had back-to-back 10 win seasons was 2002-03. UM fans still wanted him gone after 2018/19 (hell, some prior to that).

I don't think Day should be fired, but he does deserve some flack for this year's loss. UM caught on with OSU's blitz heavy defense and they never adjusted. Gave me 2018/19 Don Brown vibes. It is weird seeing such an explosive offense playing so conservatively as well. Punting in the 3rd/4th quarter? Going for a FG in the redzone down 11?

Gave me 2018/19 Don Brown vibes.
That's exactly what I said -- the 1st half defense for OSU reminded of Don Brown. Sell out cover 0, bring the house and leave the CB's on an island. Unfortunately for OSU -- they don't have CB's that can be put on an island. So it didn't make any sense.

The issue for Nebraska now is --- they no longer play in the Southwest. When they played in the Big 12 -- they could recruit Texas well, as those kids grew up watching the Big 12, they know about the big rivalries and who the top teams are.

Now -- kids in the Southwest watch little to no B1G football. What they do watch are the top games like OSU/Michigan, OSU/PSU, Michigan/PSU -- the games with a national audience. They couldn't care less about watching Iowa/Nebraska, Wisconsin/Nebraska -- their rivalries are now regional rivalries.

So if a top recruit from the Southwest wants to play in the Midwest -- it is going to be at................Ohio State. If there is ever a kid whose family puts academics on par with football, Michigan can get that kid, like they did with Daxton Hill, Jabrill Peppers, Donovan Peoples-Jones, Rashan Gary, etc. Those are the top recruits we get.
h3iapp.gif

it kinda mirrors the first few Harbaugh seasons. Not as good as Day's first few seasons of course, but the last time Michigan had back-to-back 10 win seasons was 2002-03. UM fans still wanted him gone after 2018/19 (hell, some prior to that).

I don't think Day should be fired, but he does deserve some flack for this year's loss. UM caught on with OSU's blitz heavy defense and they never adjusted. Gave me 2018/19 Don Brown vibes. It is weird seeing such an explosive offense playing so conservatively as well. Punting in the 3rd/4th quarter? Going for a FG in the redzone down 11?

He "trusted the defense". Which should be a fireable offense in its own right considering how the defense was refusing to cover anyone down field.

And hire who, exactly? Get the hell out of here with this stuff. Harbaugh started 0 for what again against Ohio State? Imagine had they gotten rid of him after 2 losses. Now I don't think we should give the guy a cooper leash, but he is 1-2 against Michigan and the last two have looked bad but this isn't the end of the world.

Hard to do that when you spend most of the Day (no pun intended) in run support.

Yes they were in run support but they literally looked like they just drifted off into space. 2 of their big plays were on obvious passing situations. The one to open up the second half the two Michigan players literally ran into each other. Wr falls own, TE stumbles, recovers and STILL runs past Ransom

And hire who, exactly? Get the hell out of here with this stuff. Harbaugh started 0 for what again against Ohio State? Imagine had they gotten rid of him after 2 losses. Now I don't think we should give the guy a cooper leash, but he is 1-2 against Michigan and the last two have looked bad but this isn't the end of the world.

What's the leash?

Like i've said before, he's likely going to keep winning 10/11 games a year up until the Michigan game solely because the rest of the B1G can't bring in enough talent to beat us constantly. But how many turtle jobs against Michigan does it take before we stop the "BUT HE WON 11 GAMES!" excuse?

What's the leash?

Like i've said before, he's likely going to keep winning 10/11 games a year up until the Michigan game solely because the rest of the B1G can't bring in enough talent to beat us constantly. But how many turtle jobs against Michigan does it take before we stop the "BUT HE WON 11 GAMES!" excuse?

2-3 more seasons as long as he is winning. Last season we got ran over. This season, despite the score looking bad we completed. There were multiple plays that could have changed a lot of that game.

This loss cannot be all put on coaching. At the end of the day we had receivers drop catchable balls, Stroud missed on a couple, defensive backfield all played the worst games of their lives at the same time and way too many dumb penalties.

Back