tOfficial Talkie Bike Thread

Looks like @gobucks0409 and I are pretty even after my first ride. Actually better than I thought I'd do, so that's nice.

Really gotta get used to the different feel of this thing compared to my 30 year old spin bike.

definitely lost some ground in the warmup when I guess people are riding hard and I wasn't.

Reactions: Me
Can anyone rides these, or only the morbidly obese?

Looks like @gobucks0409 and I are pretty even after my first ride. Actually better than I thought I'd do, so that's nice.

Really gotta get used to the different feel of this thing compared to my 30 year old spin bike.

definitely lost some ground in the warmup when I guess people are riding hard and I wasn't.
Yeah, that's kind of annoying. It's pretty apparent that a lot of people just ride, and not follow the actual class. I'll be at the max recommended levels, and on the harder intervals, I'll climb the leaderboard, on the soft, I'll fall.

And like you said, I'll start out number 5,000 or something because I don't go balls out during the warm up

I fucking killed it on Saturday. Going to be a while before I match that performance again... 231 watt average is going to be a tough one to keep up with.

Did a live encore ride and came in 30th out of 1,300-ish of those doing it live. Still 8,468/438,779 all time on that ride... so a ways to go yet.

• Cheeseburger!
I fucking killed it on Saturday. Going to be a while before I match that performance again... 231 watt average is going to be a tough one to keep up with.

Did a live encore ride and came in 30th out of 1,300-ish of those doing it live. Still 8,468/438,779 all time on that ride... so a ways to go yet.

Oh, and in the last 20 seconds of the cool down I went from 25th to 30th. I guess cool down is like yellow light in Starman.

Nice. Looks like I was in the 175 range on mine.

Oh, and in the last 20 seconds of the cool down I went from 25th to 30th. I guess cool down is like yellow light in Starman.

Yep. I sometimes eat up 20 or 30 seconds if I'm in danger of not hitting a personal goal on the cool down.

Did my first live "session" ride today and smoked the other 18 people that were with me. I like the idea, I just hope it catches on so there are more people doing that rather than just riding the recorded version on their own.

Did my first live "session" ride today and smoked the other 18 people that were with me. I like the idea, I just hope it catches on so there are more people doing that rather than just riding the recorded version on their own.
I have done a couple sessions and I agree, I like it.

I also like the live classes but I am never on the bike when they are doing one.

still enjoying #ButtStuffWithCody?

I have done a couple sessions and I agree, I like it.

I also like the live classes but I am never on the bike when they are doing one.

still enjoying #ButtStuffWithCody?
They replay some of them, so you can ride them "live" against other people. The one I did had about 30 people in it, I believe.

Reactions: ill
They replay some of them, so you can ride them "live" against other people. The one I did had about 30 people in it, I believe.
it's basically setting up the filter to do "here now" and advertise the older class again

it's basically setting up the filter to do "here now" and advertise the older class again
I don't know. I just was going to do a class one day, and it asked if I wanted to ride it now or wait for the "live" class to start.

Reactions: ill
I don't know. I just was going to do a class one day, and it asked if I wanted to ride it now or wait for the "live" class to start.
and they don't have the markers at the top to when warm up ends or when cool down starts...I guess it's more of a mystery?

and they don't have the markers at the top to when warm up ends or when cool down starts...I guess it's more of a mystery?
Oh, I don't remember that

yeah. i don't think i like the live class. its not like im interacting with people or anything.

I did find the search function to find all the hamilton songs and songs by Ludacris

yeah. i don't think i like the live class. its not like im interacting with people or anything.

I did find the search function to find all the hamilton songs and songs by Ludacris
a Hamilton ride would be fun, I haven't looked for any of those

it was enjoyable. i did that and they have a greatest showman one. that was weird because its a class full of people (pre pandemic)
I seek out rides with Metallica in the playlist.