Top 5 albums of the 21st century

I think American Idiot was a good release. For one reason in particular.

You don't know Rage Against the Machine?

Go make me some syrup.
No syrup for you, stump jumper.

Never listened to Rage Against the Machine. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin was more to my taste.

Dang...so many good ones. Here are some that stick out to me.

G & R - Appetite for Destruction
Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd - Animals
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
Rush - 2112

No syrup for you, stump jumper.

Never listened to Rage Against the Machine. Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin was more to my taste.

Well, at least your taste in music doesn't suck. :beer2:

Dang...so many good ones. Here are some that stick out to me.

G & R - Appetite for Destruction
Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Pink Floyd - Animals
Fleetwood Mac - Dreams
Rush - 2112

Dude. Read the fucking thread title.

Yeah, it was very popular for a reason. It seems as though that reason evades you.

This kinda reminds me of conservatives who finally understand the messaging of RATM after decades of calling themselves fans.
Or "Born In the USA" for that matter, if we're talking about folks not understanding the message.

Green Day and RATM never did much for me. When I think of Green Day I think of that acoustic dirge that they like to play at graduations and want to blow my brains out

Green Day and RATM never did much for me. When I think of Green Day I think of that acoustic dirge that they like to play at graduations and want to blow my brains out

Yeah, that shit sucks.

Old Green Day was fun, though... in a pop-punky sort of way.

My wife fucking HATES RATM. I like their first two albums a lot. My band covered Bombtrack and we were bad at it, but people loved hearing us play it.

I get that. A couple songs for me that are like that:

Free Bird. The live Atlanta version is far superior
And

Dazed and Confused. The How the West was Won is the version in my head.
Love Dased and Confused live. How the West was Won maybe the peak of their live performances. I have numerous bootlegs of them that are pretty good: Royal Albert Hall 1970, Texas Speedway 1969, and Earls Court 1975 are the best. Berlin 1980 Jimmy Page completely forgot how to play guitar. Too many drugs and unlistenable. That bad.

pre-Nimrod Green Day is still great. I think Insomniac is their best album rather than Dookie

My wife fucking HATES RATM. I like their first two albums a lot.
My wife and I both like Rage, but neither of us have ever been superfans. To me today, their music is best when shuffling with other stuff because they're a unique change of pace from pretty much anything else that's out there and grabs your attention better; but if I'm listening to Rage exclusively, I get tired of it pretty quickly. I agree their first two albums were clearly their best stuff.

Some honorable mentions that I’d probably put in the top 5 if making the list again:

Pimps and Preachers- Paul Thorn
Purgatory- Tyler Childers
Metamodern Sounds in Country Music- Sturgill Simpson

I’d ask you to compare “Cheap Silver…” by Mike and the Moonpies against Metamodern, and tell me what you think.
I’ve actually got it downloaded on my phone. It’s a great album no doubt, and they’re a great band. I wouldn’t put it ahead of Metamodern Sounds though

1.) Taylor Swift- Red
2.) Taylor Swift- 1989
3.) Taylor Swift- Fearless
4.) Blink 182- 2003 Untitled album
5.) +44