Top 5 albums of the 21st century

Rush is Prog Rock kings for me. Coincidentally, I use them for work focus, too; so I guess Tool and Rush are in the same personal musical category for me.
When I think Prog rock, I think of Yes or Emerson, Lake and Palmer. But, I have to agree with you on Rush. There is Rush, then everybody else.

I like Tool, they’re a good band, but I rarely listen to them because Tool fans tend to be weirdos that make my skin crawl
A lot of them seem like they only catch a Tool show if it happens to coincide with a Dungeons and Dragons conference.

When I think Prog rock, I think of Yes or Emerson, Lake and Palmer. But, I have to agree with you on Rush. There is Rush, then everybody else.

Rush never did a thing for me. Prog rock in general.

I have
I agree with those and also think of early Genesis and King Crimson.

I liked Pac, but his music was never as transcendent as his charisma personified and he was really a pretty shitty human being overall. Personally, I categorize him as being more overrated than Tool.
Was he even a musician?

The day the music died. lolz.

Was he even a musician?

The day the music died. lolz.
Depends on your definition of musician. He didn't create much (if any) of the music he rapped over, but vocals could be considered a musical instrument and therefore he could be considered a musician.

Depends on your definition of musician. He didn't create much (if any) of the music he rapped over, but vocals could be considered a musical instrument and therefore he could be considered a musician.
When I was at music school, the canned joke was what do you call the person with five musicians? The vocalist.

I'm also a singer, so I know it's not that easy, but I do have a hard time fully committing to calling a singer a "musician." Fight me.

Funny enough. Whenever I have to conduct interviews, one of my last questions is "Beatles or Stones?" You can usually tell about people by what they answer.

And I'd say Beatles. Though I've never been a big fan of either.

One I'd ask is "Sabbath or Zeppelin?"

That narrows the field.

When I was at music school, the canned joke was what do you call the person with five musicians? The vocalist.

I'm also a singer, so I know it's not that easy, but I do have a hard time fully committing to calling a singer a "musician." Fight me.
I agree with you - particularly if all they do is sing and especially if they don't even write their own lyrics. If a vocalist also participates in composing the music then I have a much easier time calling them a "musician".

And I'd say Beatles. Though I've never been a big fan of either.

One I'd ask is "Sabbath or Zeppelin?"

That narrows the field.
Not as much. There's a ton of people that really love both, me included.

Since most of my music tastes are from the 70's and 80's, they don't qualify for this question. Having said that, I did like:

I guess this qualifies

Do you understand what that song is about?

Rush is Prog Rock kings for me. Coincidentally, I use them for work focus, too; so I guess Tool and Rush are in the same personal musical category for me.

I would put Rush, Tool, and Pink Floyd in this group, though they don't at all sound the same, they are their own thing.

No one sounds like any of them, really.

The album was 6 times platinum in the US. I guess you guys liked it.

Yeah, it was very popular for a reason. It seems as though that reason evades you.

This kinda reminds me of conservatives who finally understand the messaging of RATM after decades of calling themselves fans.

Yeah, it was very popular for a reason. It seems as though that reason evades you.

This kinda reminds me of conservatives who finally understand the messaging of RATM after decades of calling themselves fans.
WTF is a RATM? I just said the album was a huge hit in the US. If you don't like that, give your countrymen shit.