Top 5 wuss rock bands

Tin Man is also the shit.

I think people today can't appreciate what happened in the late 60's and early 70s. Tin Man and Ventura Highway would be considered elevator music today. But the groups like America were part of the fight between CW, R&B and Rock n Roll. America isn't any of those. These instrumental 60's and 70s groups were a must. They gave free thinkers a place to be. And they are superior to what the OP called pop of that era. The lyrics and music are lightyears beyond what we were normally fed.

That was a great time for music.

Here's another band that seemed to get super popular super fast... Super Tramp. I wasn't a huge fan but I liked the sound. Them fuckers still bothered me though, could never pin point why. Wuss band IMO
animated album cover GIF by uDiscoverMusic

Never bought any Metallica but the have 6 songs in my playlist now. And I happen to like Garage, inc.

The Unforgiven Trilogy, Enter Sandman, Whiskey in a Jar( I have 4 different versions on my playlist) and Turn the Page.

Ditto.

I searched them out on Youtube yesterday. Found a lot of energy but they aren't going to be my cuppa.

Here's another band that seemed to get super popular super fast... Super Tramp. I wasn't a huge fan but I liked the sound. Them fuckers still bothered me though, could never pin point why. Wuss band IMO

Like with Queen, the only album I own is their first, Crime of the Century. School, Rudy, Dreamer were regulars when eyes were red and lids were closing. Sounded so good on a high end stereo (1975/76 or so). EPI towers could move air... Even in a brick university dorm. Emerson Lake and palmer had a song called Tank. I never liked them much but that song could break your ear drums on those towers.

towers.jpg

Till I moved to my Klipsch La Scalas.

klipsch.jpg

And according to Mustaine, James puked all over himself from stage fright the first time they performed for an audience.

I never bought them firing Mustaine for being a drunk, they were after all known as Alcohollica. I'm of the belief it's because
he didn't kowtow to or put up with Lars' bullshit.
Check this out. Pussy ass bitch.

Like with Queen, the only album I own is their first, Crime of the Century. School, Rudy, Dreamer were regulars when eyes were red and lids were closing. Sounded so good on a high end stereo (1975/76 or so). EPI towers could move air... Even in a brick university dorm. Emerson Lake and palmer had a song called Tank. I never liked them much but that song could break your ear drums on those towers.

View attachment 73385

Till I moved to my Klipsch La Scalas.

View attachment 73386

I think Supertramp paved the way for "emo" a little with Even In The Quietest Moments and BIA. And those Klipsh are pretty nice.

I think Supertramp paved the way for "emo" a little with Even In The Quietest Moments and BIA. And those Klipsh are pretty nice.
Loves me some Supertramp, don't care who knows it!

Much too big for my current needs so I traded them to a fella who had more room and took his Heresys and some cash. A step down for sure but they still sound great.

Yeah, you nailed it! And they had this song about a girlfriend, like he wasn't in to her, but she was just okay... Man, that song bothered the shit outta me!

How about the Smith's, would that be considered EMO? Because I actually liked their lyrics, 'Girlfriend in a Coma', dark humor!

And this talk about Eddie Rabbit, huh, I like a bunch of his songs it turns out, I just never knew who the artist was! I guess I was never impressed enough to wonder who that is?

When I was a younger teen I liked Steppenwolf and Deep Purple but during that same period, Neil Diamond was pretty active too and an artist like Neil Diamond, to me he may have seem under rated but with time he doesn't get forgotten, IMO.
Come Back Reaction GIF by HBO Max

I think this is what happened. In 1977 I never even heard of Supertramp and in Jan. 77 is when I joined the Army. During the first 6 months is training and we didn't stay in close contact with every trend and after training I had a few weeks leave and then got sent to Germany and then all of a sudden, probably '78 maybe '79, almost every whitey in the barracks was playing them.

Buying stereo equipment was a big deal for a lot of soldiers. At the time Bose 901's were the premier speakers to own.

I actually like Crime Of The Century about the most of their albums. The stuff after that is still decent but with a not ignorable emo vibe in some of the lyrics.

To be honest, I can barely make out the lyrics of most of the verse section of pretty much any song, nor do I care to. Moreover, if they're saying something Emo or wussy, I generally goes right by me.

To be honest, I can barely make out the lyrics of most of the verse section of pretty much any song, nor do I care to. Moreover, if they're saying something Emo or wussy, I generally goes right by me.
Same, I usually don't pay much attention to lyrics

The vocals and no guitar. Hated that band.