Twelve Kitchen Cabinets

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,000.00
It doesn't take a master craftsman to make really nice cabinets, even with beginner skills nice cabinets are doable. A cabinet is just a box, it's just not that complicated. Accurate measurements and cuts are key to keeping the boxes true and square which is a must. We got some outrageous estimates for a new kitchen, over 30 GRAND! I will be able to do it for around 10 grand and that includes new appliances. drawers.jpgdrawers.jpgdrawers.jpgbase cabinets lined up.jpgbase cabinet pieces.jpgwall cabinet pieces.jpgfirst box.jpg
Here are all the pieces pre-cut for six base cabinets and six matching wall cabinets.

Fourteen drawers in the base cabinets. Drawers are just more boxes.

Here's a finished wall box. I only have to fasten fourteen drawer fronts to the drawers and hang nine more doors and then these cabinets are ready to be installed. I better get busy!
finished wall cabinet open.jpgfinished wall cabinet.jpg

Nice work!

We need new cabinets, but I'm not willing to bite off that kind of project.

Thanks MTVike! I understand your reluctance, I was reluctant too before I started but ten times as determined!

Bueno trabajo, pendejo.

I only got that one door hung yesterday and then my son borrowed my cordless drill. I coulda kept working with my corded drill but a dummy can get spoiled real easy with those cordless tools. And I have to go away for a week next Thursday so I really want to get these doors and drawer fronts wrapped up before I go away. I'm going to Ohio to visit family and friends.

This means 'good job dummy' in spanish. Compliment ACCEPTED! Especially the pendejo part. So if a dummy like me can build cabinets so can almost anyone else can too.
Pendejo is "dummy" colloquially. Literally, it translates to "pubic hair."

Nice job for real. I couldn't do that, but wish I could. I have pubic hair, though.

I have four more doors to hang and all of the drawer fronts still need fastened on. Hanging the doors is a breeze but I am sure that placing the drawer fronts in the correct position will be a trickier job. This is the first time for me building cabinets so I'm far from knowing all the tricks of the trade. I made some built in cabinets in the bathrooms of our first house in Akron and they looked okay but they were amateur compared to these. These are professional grade cabinets that you see being built! These wall units are 42" tall.wall cabinet row open.jpgwall cabinet inside.jpgwall cabinet row 2.jpgcabinet row 1.jpg

I have four more doors to hang and all of the drawer fronts still need fastened on. Hanging the doors is a breeze but I am sure that placing the drawer fronts in the correct position will be a trickier job. This is the first time for me building cabinets so I'm far from knowing all the tricks of the trade. I made some built in cabinets in the bathrooms of our first house in Akron and they looked okay but they were amateur compared to these. These are professional grade cabinets that you see being built! These wall units are 42" tall.View attachment 12833View attachment 12834View attachment 12835View attachment 12836
So did you buy one, and then mimic the style?