Urban Meyer experiences “chest pains” following first meeting with Texas boosters

These guys are throwing billions around like they're hundred dollar bills. :twitch:

He didn't go to Austin for nothing and he denied it way too soon.

Urban Meyer will be the next head football coach at Texas and it'll be hilarious to see the same exact Texas fans that criticized Baylor and Briles for their criminal culture to welcome this creep into their fold.
Ohio State would be livid if Urban becomes coach at Texas. It was Urban who opened the pipeline to Texas recruits for OSU and he would immediately shut that down for them.
I'd love to see Urban at Texas -- it'd be crazy the talent he could bring in to that program.

The man can coach. Everybody knows that and at the right school he can flourish. But the culture of Texas is so unique (some say toxic) because of the BMD power, their elitist ego, and their expectations it's a recipe for disaster if Urban Meyer took that job. He's simply not a good fit.

I see that - and simultaneously it has dropped quite a bit in academic stature and athletics. It's like the whole school is sliding and they just want to throw money at the problem. It doesn't usually work that way.

My bro got a Land Mgmt (oil) degree from UT and he hated the place so much he still won't talk about it! I can't imagine how getting an easy degree on mommy's dime could have been that bad?

I see that - and simultaneously it has dropped quite a bit in academic stature and athletics. It's like the whole school is sliding and they just want to throw money at the problem. It doesn't usually work that way.

My bro got a Land Mgmt (oil) degree from UT and he hated the place so much he still won't talk about it! I can't imagine how getting an easy degree on mommy's dime could have been that bad?
The best way I can describe Austin is it's like the petri dish of Texas. You mix a lot of money with some liberal politics and sprinkle in some beautiful women and then let it sit in a hot 107 degree Texas sun and see what you get. Sometimes it's impressive and sometimes you jump back and say WTF?

The best way I can describe Austin is it's like the petri dish of Texas. You mix a lot of money with some liberal politics and sprinkle in some beautiful women and then let it sit in a hot 107 degree Texas sun and see what you get. Sometimes it's impressive and sometimes you jump back and say WTF?
I've been a couple times. It didn't seem that unusual except it had the same shameless flaunting of $ one sees in Miami or other cities where the culture has no class.

Dallas is TX to me. Still has big hair, cowboy hats and some modesty.

Ohio State would be livid if Urban becomes coach at Texas. It was Urban who opened the pipeline to Texas recruits for OSU and he would immediately shut that down for them.
I'd love to see Urban at Texas -- it'd be crazy the talent he could bring in to that program.
When it happens it’s going to be glorious!

I’m not worried about Texas stealing Ohio St recruits. They already get great recruits, will Urban take it to another level? Of course, different conference though so if it wasn’t them challenging them for those recruits, it’s another program.
Who should be worried? Tech, Okie St, Oklahoma and A&M

kids aren’t coming to Ohio St bc of what Urban did, they want to play for Ryan Day and play for one of the best programs and a historical winning program that will set them up to be a NFL star.

I can’t say the same for Vandy but @HammerDown will have to confirm that...

The only thing this thread is missing is AG posting six straight pictures of Tom Herman.

lol.. i get on here and we have talk of Dallas>> Austin as cities? WTF? Dallas is a dump.. Bunch of Range Rovers, and bedazzled denim jeans. Have no idea how anyone doesn't like Austin besides the housing market prices

I’m not worried about Texas stealing Ohio St recruits. They already get great recruits, will Urban take it to another level? Of course, different conference though so if it wasn’t them challenging them for those recruits, it’s another program.

kids aren’t coming to Ohio St bc of what Urban did, they want to play for Ryan Day and play for one of the best programs and a historical winning program that will set them up to be a NFL star.

To be honest the recruiting may change only because of evaluations. But the biggest change will be needing actual bagmen.. not the hundred dollar handshake variety.

Craig is a really good one in Texas, he got Demas bought and paid for.. Waddle was the steal of the decade for going at 80k. Sucks since he was a silent to UT for awhile.

But yeah the bagmen do need to be implored.. One of our most promising freshman DE/DT only came because he's a legacy (mom played bball), if it weren't for that.. he would be at Bama right now.

The pipeline for Texas recruits to Ohio State was built by Urban Meyer and had nothing to do with Ryan Day. It started in 2013 with JT Barrett and continued the entire time he was at OSU (JK Dobbins, Baron Browning, Jeff Okudah, Garrett Wilson, etc) They came to play for Urban Meyer.

If Urban Meyer goes to Texas -- those 5* recruits will be next to impossible to get out of the state.

i really hope you are drunk and that is why you said the players are coming to play for Ryan Day over arguably the second best HC in modern era of football, in Urban Meyer

The pipeline for Texas recruits to Ohio State was built by Urban Meyer and had nothing to do with Ryan Day. It started in 2013 with JT Barrett and continued the entire time he was at OSU (JK Dobbins, Baron Browning, Jeff Okudah, Garrett Wilson, etc) They came to play for Urban Meyer.

If Urban Meyer goes to Texas -- those 5* recruits will be next to impossible to get out of the state.

i really hope you are drunk and that is why you said the players are coming to play for Ryan Day over arguably the second best HC in modern era of football, in Urban Meyer
it's gonna be hard if he doesn't play the game.. He had success but if he really wants the top.. these kids that attend 7 on 7.. they are all being steered by those coaches/trainers..biggest one being Ro Simon

Guess us Buckeye fans will have to just sit here anxiously awaiting the inevitable, then. Someone hand me my fainting couch

giphy.gif

Think what you want. You are delusional but that makes sense since you actually think he will go to Tejas. Remember we heard Urbs to USC for 2 years. Nah

Think what you want. You are delusional but that makes sense since you actually think he will go to Tejas. Remember we heard Urbs to USC for 2 years. Nah
I said if he goes to Texas. I have no idea what Urban plans to do. As much as they pay CFB studio guys -- Meyer May be fine sitting back and collecting checks to do that.

"I never bashed him. I revered him as a man of honor, integrity and an all-around great guy." - every Ohio State fan I've ever talked to about it.
I bashed him. I didn't really think he was the guy to come in and clean up the mess Tressel left.

I will say that lots of stuff he did at Ohio State - "Real Life Wednesdays" and "Brand building" and ushering some bad apples out of the program (albeit quietly) changed my perspective on his stay at Ohio State. I was pleasantly surprised.

I do think he is much better at establishing a program than he is at sustaining one.

He wants to return for another championship at a different school. SC rumors were just one year and the president has already said she wasn't going to hire him. You can say some are delusional, but there are real conversations being had right now..if not he would have shut this talk down two weeks ago.

He wants to return for another championship at a different school. SC rumors were just one year and the president has already said she wasn't going to hire him. You can say some are delusional, but there are real conversations being had right now..if not he would have shut this talk down two weeks ago.
according to who? you??