Urban Meyer experiences “chest pains” following first meeting with Texas boosters

according to who? you??
I'm not on ESPN and don't really know what people are talking about, but the trip to Austin with the billionaire boosters is common knowledge right? Some guy at the Austin airport filmed the thing I guess?

These guys are throwing billions around like they're hundred dollar bills. :twitch:

He didn't go to Austin for nothing and he denied it way too soon.

Urban Meyer will be the next head football coach at Texas and it'll be hilarious to see the same exact Texas fans that criticized Baylor and Briles for their criminal culture to welcome this creep into their fold.
The only difference is Texas fans will fully admit Meyer is a dirtbag. It’s not like the irony of someone defending his coach for covering up rape and deciding to judge every other fan base.

I'm not on ESPN and don't really know what people are talking about, but the trip to Austin with the billionaire boosters is common knowledge right? Some guy at the Austin airport filmed the thing I guess?
it was a dinner in LA two weeks ago

The only difference is Texas fans will fully admit Meyer is a dirtbag. It’s not like the irony of someone defending his coach for covering up rape and deciding to judge every other fan base.
yep.. I never wanted Meyer but the past two season of watching UT take steps back.. has got me to the point that something needs to change. Urban carries a lot of baggage, and I can tolerate it if he indeed makes the program better. However he's not gonna get away with stuff he did at his previous places.. The media there looks to expose anything questionable..

Oh. :facepalm: Is this the same guy that worked at Little Rock Regional and saw Lane Kiffin ushered into a black Suburban?
All I need is Sir Yacht and that GA insider guy who gets threats by Clemson and other coaching staffs, to make this legit.

I've been a couple times. It didn't seem that unusual except it had the same shameless flaunting of $ one sees in Miami or other cities where the culture has no class.

Dallas is TX to me. Still has big hair, cowboy hats and some modesty.
That is more Fort Worth. Dallas is more snobbish...Highland Park and sech ya know.

That is more Fort Worth. Dallas is more snobbish...Highland Park and sech ya know.
My exposure is pretty limited to biz travel and don't see how people live. I used to stay at the Dallas Four Seasons every couple years to visit Lord Abbett, Federated and a couple money managers there. We'd go downtown to party and do stupid shit like like buy western accessories at one of those huge and kinda' touristy C&W stores.

The problem at Texas isn't coaching. It's the atmosphere and attitude. Ehlinger is full in, but I don't see that from anybody else. I don't even think Saban could bring a championship to Texas. Perhaps Dabo could after a few years, just because his positivity, but he is quite comfy at Clemson. If Urban goes for the Benjamins, it will be the death of him. Chest pains and such. If he thinks a Tebowless Florida was stressful, he has yet to know stress.

The problem at Texas isn't coaching. It's the atmosphere and attitude. Ehlinger is full in, but I don't see that from anybody else. I don't even think Saban could bring a championship to Texas. Perhaps Dabo could after a few years, just because his positivity, but he is quite comfy at Clemson. If Urban goes for the Benjamins, it will be the death of him. Chest pains and such. If he thinks a Tebowless Florida was stressful, he has yet to know stress.
so what's ou's excuse?

so what's ou's excuse?
OU has won the B12 5 years in a row. Have been to the CFP 4 times. Have beat rival Texas 5 of the last 6 times played. We lost QB1, RB1, RB2 and RB3 has yet to play. We lost WR1, TE1. We lost D team leaders Murray and Gallimore. A team of mostly freshman and sophomores. OU is not great, but seem to be improving each week. No chance of the CFP or winning the B12 this season, but will finish in the top half of the B12. And we have a band and a team that all remains on the field for the school song. :dhd:

OU has won the B12 5 years in a row. Have been to the CFP 4 times. Have beat rival Texas 5 of the last 6 times played. We lost QB1, RB1, RB2 and RB3 has yet to play. We lost WR1, TE1. We lost D team leaders Murray and Gallimore. A team of mostly freshman and sophomores. OU is not great, but seem to be improving each week. No chance of the CFP or winning the B12 this season, but will finish in the top half of the B12. And we have a band and a team that all remains on the field for the school song. :dhd:
glad to know that y'all have settled as this being the standard.. because it's not like the games in the CFP have been getting any closer.. Maybe it's just the mentality?

glad to know that y'all have settled as this being the standard.. because it's not like the games in the CFP have been getting any closer.. Maybe it's just the mentality?
If you ever reach the CFP or win the B12, perhaps you'll have perspective. The reality is the lack of competition in the B12 has hurt OU. When 1 team has won a conference half of the years it's been in existence, not much parity. OU will lose maybe 1more game in a rebuild year. We've already played the better teams except OSU. 6-4 at worst. This was supposed to be Texas' year, with a 4th year Senior QB. I see Texas losing to OSU, ISU, KSU, maybe WV. At best, a 5-5 season. I suppose for Texas, that's considered a good season.

Would you say you’ll be more sad, angry or confused when your favorite all-time coach holds his presser in Austin, Ralphie?
I still say the ultimate troll would be Urbs heading to Tampa and winning the big one with Tommy Boy.

You might actually off yourself if that happened.