USPS is finally failing

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 1,014.00
Sent important documents by overnight Express mail Monday morning at 10:09 for guaranteed delivery by 10:30am the next morning.

It still isn’t even in the recipients’ state. This is going to cost me hundreds of dollars because I can’t go home til it’s delivered, signed and returned back to me via the enclosed Express label. Stood in line for 25 mins this afternoon to be told I couldn’t even ask for a refund til it’s delivered, whenever the hell that is. They totally acted like it was my fault.

Telling friends about it and everyone has a USPS horror story from the last few months.

DO NOT send anything important or urgent by USPS.

(inb4 ill whines and asks for this to be moved to the pf)

Sent important documents by overnight Express mail Monday morning at 10:09 for guaranteed delivery by 10:30am the next morning.

It still isn’t even in the recipients’ state. This is going to cost me hundreds of dollars because I can’t go home til it’s delivered, signed and returned back to me via the enclosed Express label. Stood in line for 25 mins this afternoon to be told I couldn’t even ask for a refund til it’s delivered, whenever the hell that is. They totally acted like it was my fault.

Telling friends about it and everyone has a USPS horror story from the last few months.

Why does anyone trust the USPS with anything that is of immediate importance, would seem the private sector seems to do it all better so why trust the government to get it done?

Usually same cost or around it and well worth any difference to trust fedex/ups overnight

Why does anyone trust the USPS with anything that is of immediate importance, would seem the private sector seems to do it all better so why trust the government to get it done?

Usually same cost or around it and well worth any difference to trust fedex/ups overnight
Long story why I pretty much had to do USPS. Never again! I’ll cut my nose off to spite my face at this point.

Long story why I pretty much had to do USPS. Never again! I’ll cut my nose off to spite my face at this point.
that sucks. Yea i dont trust the USPS unless i am not in a hurry

FedEx and UPS are just as bad.

I had a customer in Atlanta that needed a package Next Day Air. She called me next day asking where her package was. It was grounded by fog in Louisville KY on the tarmac. They said no refund because of their clause “Act of God”. I lost a customer and my money.

Reactions: Me

My 91 year old father is a retired USPS carrier supervisor and has been retired longer than he worked (30 years) for that failed gummint entity and he would have been happy to tell you that you were screwed 35 years ago.

FedEx and UPS are just as bad.

I had a customer in Atlanta that needed a package Next Day Air. She called me next day asking where her package was. It was grounded by fog in Louisville KY on the tarmac. They said no refund because of their clause “Act of God”. I lost a customer and my money.
Yeah, lately it's taking 3 days to get from Columbus to Pittsburgh via ground. Used to be 1-2

I sent you a letter by the USPS, and you never answered me. Now I know why.

So far, the Post office has been pretty good to me.
I had 1 package stranded in St. Louis for about 4 days for no reason, but other than that, it's been fine.

Fedex fucking blows. Over the past year, I shipped a dozen packages, spread out over several months, to the US. Half of them were returned because they needed more information. No one ever called me or emailed me. In fact, I called them each time I saw they were delayed and asked what more information was needed. A couple of times they gave me an email address so I could email them the same info already sent with the packages in triplicate. The emailed information was ignored each time and they just shipped the shit back to me.

Fedex never took any responsibility. Not even an apology or an explanation other than saying they "tried calling". Told them about the emails sent, and they looked at me with blank faces. They never were able to tell me what info was needed. Just told me what I had to pay.

International priority is expensive, and takes weeks due to customs clearance. But my company paid, not me. Just a PITA having to track and manage nonsense because of incompetence.

I resent everything with the exact same information. Didn't add anything new. It all eventually reached the destination.

But yeah, USPS is slow too, and I had issues before. But nothing as bad as international Fedex. They are the worst.