What are you reading?

What do you put on shelves?
I own plenty of books.

I don't need to own all the books.

I use the library a lot, but I also have at least 2 dozen books on my Kindle because I got them when they were on sale for $2 or something.

Electronic book? I'd rather turn pages.

I believe it's better for me to turn pages than stare at a screen some more. Between work and TV I do more than enough of that.

When a Crocodile Eats the Sun

I believe it's better for me to turn pages than stare at a screen some more. Between work and TV I do more than enough of that.
A book contains prose. An electronic device contains prose. They are not the same. E-book is a false term.

I'd rather have an electronic book that can hold thousands of books in it.

But to each their own.
Definite advantages, zero doubt. Also, is instant availability of millions of titles, no waste from manufacturing and fulfilling a physical book, etc.

Still, if I can choose, I'm taking a physical book, which is why I load up at used book stores when I am able.

Definite advantages, zero doubt. Also, is instant availability of millions of titles, no waste from manufacturing and fulfilling a physical book, etc.

Still, if I can choose, I'm taking a physical book, which is why I load up at used book stores when I am able.
I generally do as well.

But I have no problem reading on a Kindle, especially when traveling. Takes up a lot less space.

Also at night, don't need a light on to read on it.

But I think "I stare at screens all day" is a lame excuse when a paperwhite screen is not at all the same as a computer screen.

But I think "I stare at screens all day" is a lame excuse when a paperwhite screen is not at all the same as a computer screen.

I really don't give a shit if you think it's lame.

It's how I feel about it. and my wife is a reader too, so we'd need 2? Like everybody has a cell phone...

I like the feel of paper pages. The smell too.

Also, I'm old.

I really don't give a shit if you think it's lame.

It's how I feel about it. and my wife is a reader too, so we'd need 2? Like everybody has a cell phone...
I don't care, buy as many as you want.

Just don't knock it because you've never tried one but hate them anyways, boomer.

Just finished Prodigal Son by Gregg Hurwitz. Anyone here ever read him?

I fell in when he first started with his Tim Rackley series, which blew me away. I even ended up having some email correspondence with him, back when I was of the thought that I might be able to write a novel.

After the Rackley series I wasn’t as impressed with the stand alone novels he did, and figured that was it.

Then came the Orphan X series. Prodigal Son is the latest in that series. And it’s absolutely amazing. Full of well rounded, colorful and unique characters who are both unrealistic in their abilities, but at the same time full of a lot of the same things all of us are.

Anyone else read the Orphan X series?

Im easily giving this one 9.5 of 10.
The plot was breakneck, the authors understanding of everything Spec Ops related, as well as the plot revolving around real cutting edge technology is super strong.

Reactions: ill
Just finished Prodigal Son by Gregg Hurwitz. Anyone here ever read him?

I fell in when he first started with his Tim Rackley series, which blew me away. I even ended up having some email correspondence with him, back when I was of the thought that I might be able to write a novel.

After the Rackley series I wasn’t as impressed with the stand alone novels he did, and figured that was it.

Then came the Orphan X series. Prodigal Son is the latest in that series. And it’s absolutely amazing. Full of well rounded, colorful and unique characters who are both unrealistic in their abilities, but at the same time full of a lot of the same things all of us are.

Anyone else read the Orphan X series?

Im easily giving this one 9.5 of 10.
The plot was breakneck, the authors understanding of everything Spec Ops related, as well as the plot revolving around real cutting edge technology is super strong.
the only series books like that where there is a main badass character I have read are Nelson DeMille and the Amos Decker series by David Baldacci, and I have generally enjoyed them. Really great listens during long drives.

the only series books like that where there is a main badass character I have read are Nelson DeMille and the Amos Decker series by David Baldacci, and I have generally enjoyed them. Really great listens during long drives.
Thanks....I’ll have to check them out. I need to broaden my list of authors I enjoy.

Thanks....I’ll have to check them out. I need to broaden my list of authors I enjoy.
I mean, they all come out as plug and play cop or military novels based around a reoccurring character. They aren't going to win any awards but they can be fun to read if you want some kind of mindless, action book.