What are you reading?

Sapiens:
A Brief History of Humankind
Yuval Noah Harari

Sapiens:
A Brief History of Humankind
Yuval Noah Harari
that's been sitting on my coffee table for a while...I need to get around to reading it.

put a hold on the next Dresden Files book, Battle Ground...which I think comes out at the end of the month.

I love that Butcher put this and Peace Talks out back to back like this.

I am currently reading Odd Thomas, but want to refresh on Dresden and Stormlight as new books are coming out

I am currently reading Odd Thomas, but want to refresh on Dresden and Stormlight as new books are coming out
did you read Peace Talks? It came out a few months ago.

did you read Peace Talks? It came out a few months ago.

I have not, I honestly thought it was coming out in November. I will pick it up tonight for sure though. I may need to read it, then go back and reread some of the older ones, I have large gaps in the story at this point.

I just hope he keeps going with Dresden, I don't have a lot of interest in more Cinder Spires.

@ill unless I am seriously mistaken, the book before this one was the Hades robbery with Nicodemus right? I

@ill unless I am seriously mistaken, the book before this one was the Hades robbery with Nicodemus right? I
no, you missed Peace Talks...need to read that one first or Battle Ground won't make sense!

Butcher put out two this year.

no, you missed Peace Talks...need to read that one first or Battle Ground won't make sense!

I will get on it

Reactions: ill
I just finished Iron Gold by Pierce Brown. Really great start to the second trilogy of his Red Rising universe. Looking forward to Dark Age, which is on my shelf.

Going to take a sci fi break and read some nonfiction first with The Bastard Brigade by Sam Kean.
just finished. grabbing volume 2 this weekend.

48362083_10218361608052507_4627971911643561984_n.jpg

highly recommended. subterranean oceans start filling up the oceans while people argue its climate change.

I'm (slowly but surely) reading a book entitled, "The Last Gang In Town". It's about the infamous Clark Park Gang of the early '70s who haunted Vancouver's east end. Allegedly, they were instrumental in the riots that occurred at the Rolling Stones concert in June of 1972.

So far, it's a fascinating read, although, I could be biased in that I grew up in Van City in the mid-70's

About a third of the way through Peace Talks, I am enjoying it a lot, and we are not even to the part where things really start happening yet.

About a third of the way through Peace Talks, I am enjoying it a lot, and we are not even to the part where things really start happening yet.
you really can't go wrong with a Dresden book. The formula just works.

and Harry has so many strings pulling him in different directions, it makes to fun to see where he is going to get pulled next.

plus he just gets the shit kicked out of himself and somehow keeps going.

Lighter stuff right now.

1599743978896.png

and Harry has so many strings pulling him in different directions, it makes to fun to see where he is going to get pulled next.

I am enjoying that the book does not forget the fallout from the actions of earlier books.

Finished the book early this weekend, I am glad there is less than a month until the next one, that ending feels like his one book went way too long so he ended there and made a second book instead

finished the Bastard Brigade last night. Interesting covert stuff on how the Americans and Brits worked to keep the Nazis from getting nuclear weapons during WWII.

I have book 3 of Jim Butcher's Codex Alara on audio and am planning on either A Memory Called Empire or rereading Lamb as my next read.

On a Robert Parker spree.

Spencer for Hire.
Jesse Stone
Sunny Randall

I'm short 7 books for a complete collection. All 2nd hand hardcovers including 6 1st editions

Reading The Only Good Indians by Stephen Graham Jones...figured it would be a good time to read a little horror

also listening to Gideon the Ninth, which I am liking so far...but wish I were reading it instead of doing the Audible. I will be reading the second in the series though.

Library finally brought me Ballistic Kiss, the latest Kadrey Sandman Slim effort....

Eager to get to it.