What are you reading?

Library finally brought me Ballistic Kiss, the latest Kadrey Sandman Slim effort....

Eager to get to it.
I still have only read the first of that series. I think that will be my next one once I catch up on the Iron Druid series from Hearne.

I didn't hate the first Sandman Slim book.

Found and bought a couple C.J. Box novels from his Joe Pickett series that I haven't read yet this past weekend. Good for a week.

I still have only read the first of that series. I think that will be my next one once I catch up on the Iron Druid series from Hearne.

I didn't hate the first Sandman Slim book.

Unless I hate it, I read them all.

I love the concept.

picking up the latest Dresden Files book from the library today.

Missed Frank Herbert's 100th birthday yesterday. Must read the Dune Series in memoriam

Missed Frank Herbert's 100th birthday yesterday. Must read the Dune Series in memoriam
I read the first...didn't really get it.

I think I'd be better with it now.

I have read all 6 many times. It's a long read, but I do them consecutively.
see I've never been able to do a series a second time...I read it once and I am done...no rereads...

there are too many new books out there to read.

see I've never been able to do a series a second time...I read it once and I am done...no rereads...

there are too many new books out there to read.
^^^this^^^

Reactions: ill
I'd rather read a good book twice than a bad book once.
jeff bridges opinion GIF

I'd rather read a good book twice than a bad book once.
I know I have issues. If I start a book, no matter how much it may suck, something in me just has to finish it.

I know I have issues. If I start a book, no matter how much it may suck, something in me just has to finish it.
Same. I have been burnt too many times. I quit touching hit stoves, too. I have a fairly large and varied library. Except for a dozen or so recent purchases, I have read them. Some many times. They are different every read.

I put shit down.

Time is not cheap and to waste it...

But a re-read of certain books is something I will do.

Catch 22 for example. So much you miss first go round.

I put shit down.

Time is not cheap and to waste it...

But a re-read of certain books is something I will do.

Catch 22 for example. So much you miss first go round.
That is one of the few that I have read more than once

That is one of the few that I have read more than once

You have to.

I've also read LOTR rings several times in my youth, thing to do and all that. But would never read it again.