What are you reading?

I liked Old Man's War.

Scalzi is a really fun writer and I have loved most of what I have read of his.

His Interdependency Series was really good too.

Yeah - I really got into it, and so far I'm loving Ghost Brigades.

I tried to read Star Wars Cannon series, but the first was majorly blah and so I'm not sure I'll continue trying to give them a chance.

Yeah - I really got into it, and so far I'm loving Ghost Brigades.

I tried to read Star Wars Cannon series, but the first was majorly blah and so I'm not sure I'll continue trying to give them a chance.
I have not tried to read any of the Star Wars books.

Read the entire series that started with Old Man's War. I'd heard it was coming to TV under Ghost Brigades but haven't seen it anywhere?

Just finished the last Sandman Slim effort, liked it and am looking forward to the next one.

And I'm currently back to Lucas Davenport with the lastest John Sanford effort.

I love reading a fiction and a non-fiction around the same time, as I find it hard to ever confuse the two, but I was told to read on James Rollins, and I must say, that was the dumbest shit I have ever read.

started Max Brooks "Devolution" the other night.

loved World War Z (the book) so I am looking forward to this one.

1603824383347.png

I’ve just started rereading Sword of Kings from Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Chronicles (The Last Kingdom for TV guys). I just found out the next book in the series comes out next month and I want to kinda update myself before it gets here (I preordered it).

apparently it is to be the final book. I’m torn a little. I love reading them, but it probably is time to wrap it up.

I’ve just started rereading Sword of Kings from Bernard Cornwell’s Saxon Chronicles (The Last Kingdom for TV guys). I just found out the next book in the series comes out next month and I want to kinda update myself before it gets here (I preordered it).

apparently it is to be the final book. I’m torn a little. I love reading them, but it probably is time to wrap it up.

Uhtred can only live so long...

Uhtred can only live so long...
Yeah, which is why I’m torn. I love the books, but do find it getting a tad ridiculous that people born when Uhtred is in his 20s are dying of old age and yet he carries on like no tomorrow. :biggrin:

Yeah, which is why I’m torn. I love the books, but do find it getting a tad ridiculous that people born when Uhtred is in his 20s are dying of old age and yet he carries on like no tomorrow. :biggrin:

I can't recall how old he was at the very beginning when he started out with "Call me Uhtred" or arseling as the case may be.

I can't recall how old he was at the very beginning when he started out with "Call me Uhtred" or arseling as the case may be.
Me either, other than he’s supposedly dry old.

Taking a one book break from my race through John Sandford.

Reading Charles Williford's Cockfighter. Very good read.

Decided I'd re-read it after I read a story about a sherriff in the Philippines was killed this week during a radi on a cock fight.

The bird he picked up and was trying to box up struggled and slashed his femoral artery with it's fighting sput and he bled out.

This was also a movie in 1972 starring Warren Oates and Harry Dean Stanton.

Taking a one book break from my race through John Sandford.

Reading Charles Williford's Cockfighter. Very good read.

Decided I'd re-read it after I read a story about a sherriff in the Philippines was killed this week during a radi on a cock fight.

The bird he picked up and was trying to box up struggled and slashed his femoral artery with it's fighting sput and he bled out.

This was also a movie in 1972 starring Warren Oates and Harry Dean Stanton.
Fish mentioned the sheriff dying in our morning thread...that just sucks.

no one would ever expect to die in that way...esp not a cop.

when I was in Puerto Rico a couple years ago I wanted to go to see a cockfight but they told me they were all closed. Lies.

don't know what to read next...leaning towards "A Memory Called Empire"

the library finally has Kadrey's Kill the Dead on ebook...time to give Sandman Slim a second chance.

Preston & Child - Verses for the Dead

A Pendergast novel.

I like these guys.

123915550_852731812144160_8853535392636195868_n.jpg

Latin America and The Caribbean: A Systematic and Regional Survey

I typically read 2 books at a time, one fiction, and another non-fiction.

My Current Fiction Novel -

10687840._SY180_.jpg

My Current Non-Fiction (that arrived today)
55359022._SY180_.jpg

Reactions: ill
Have not started it yet but The Whistler by John Grisham is next up on my playlist.