What are you reading?

Some interesting info on lesser known US history and the lands obtained from the start of the country to imperial expansion.
1709669109971.png

just started a book that I had on my to read list for a while and I am not all that sure how I feel about it.

1709752573445.png

it's basically a retelling of Beauty and the Beast so far

Michael Dibdin

Ratking

just started a book that I had on my to read list for a while and I am not all that sure how I feel about it.

View attachment 116931

it's basically a retelling of Beauty and the Beast so far
finished...probably won't read the second book of the series...didn't care about the story enough.

I need to pick something else off my shelf...maybe Lonesome Dove

A reread? or fresh start?

Great book. As are all the sequels/prequels.
fresh start

I have had the paperback on my coffee table for a while now

I need something that isn't fantasy or sci fi...feels like that's all I have read this year

I'm about to be out on medical leave for a month, so I picked up a ton of stuff from the library for while I'm recovering. Mostly classics that I've never read and don't usually have the time for.

I'm about to be out on medical leave for a month, so I picked up a ton of stuff from the library for while I'm recovering. Mostly classics that I've never read and don't usually have the time for.
I would love to do that.

if you want to try something new, I'd recommend Pierce Brown's Red Rising trilogy.
I'll give the dust jacket a scan

fresh start

I have had the paperback on my coffee table for a while now

I need something that isn't fantasy or sci fi...feels like that's all I have read this year

I found it very hard to put down. Great characters. Great story.

Just starting 1491 2nd Edition where the author added more post-Columbus material and updates.