What was your favorite car you owned?

I had an 87 Dakota, 4-speed with OD. Very similar engine, in that it sipped gas but had almost no power, especially in the higher gears.

But I loved it.
I think I touched 70 once, down hill in 5th gear.

This was the '72 C10 350 bored and balanced .20 over. For the life of me I can't remember what exhaust I had but it rumbled so nice. Sold it at the worst possible time in SoCal and only got 10 even for it. :cry: The good news is I gotBenjamins for it plus the buyer was a retired 'Nam vet who had just lost his wife and was doing something nice for himself. We kept in touch for quite a while afterward.

I tried to find a 68-72 C10 to build about 8 years ago and the best I could find for less than 10k didn't even have a motor or tranny in it...it didn't even have an interior actually. I think they are selling them by the pound now....hahaha

most fun to drive

USB40AUC021A0801.jpg

225 HP go cart. quattro is THE best AWD on earth, and the fukin handling this thing had. unreal.

what i got now (and will upgrade to newer make/model in 2 years when this is paid off)

infiniti-announces-pricing-on-2008-g35-sedan-inline-photo-473154-s-original.jpg

infiniti makes a freakin tank. mines chipped to 350hp.

my A3 quattro was fucking insane around corners. I've driven faster straight line speed cars, but nothing as fun as that A3 on a winding back road.

What I'd like to buy now, realistically.

Either an '87 Grand National or an '04 Stang in Competition Orange.
my brother had an 87 GN. damn.

fukin fun to drive. hes a mechanic, traded his 1990 shelby in and got this:

1598642088539.jpeg

his is red, but its 750 hp. sounds so mean when he starts it, and its a caddy lol

I think I touched 70 once, down hill in 5th gear.
Oh yeah, you could really get movin' on the downhills. I used to commute on I-85, which had a good deal of hills. I would try to get enough speed on the downs so I could climb the next rise. Hated when there was a slowpoke in the left lane, cause then I'd have to move over and let everybody else pass my slow self

my A3 quattro was fucking insane around corners. I've driven faster straight line speed cars, but nothing as fun as that A3 on a winding back road.
yup!

my A6 cornered on a dime, unreal how they engineered them. race car wagon.

Yeah good luck with that. That model was faster than the Vette of the same year. Turbo power!
My brother-in-law Kenny had an '88 and we did some really dumb shit in that car. Fortunately, no one ever got hurt. I'd love to have a two-tone '87.

my infiniti, my biggest issue is the steering. they made it a touch too much to steer, need some oomph.

I tried to find a 68-72 C10 to build about 8 years ago and the best I could find for less than 10k didn't even have a motor or tranny in it...it didn't even have an interior actually. I think they are selling them by the pound now....hahaha
Mine had been in SoCal it's whole life. Went and bought it from an old guy in Marina del Ray, not a spot of rust anywhere. As is almost always the case when a guy sells something he loves, he regrets it deeply. :L

The worst car I ever owned was a 1997 Mazda Protege.

What a pile of garbage. I thought I'd get a fuel efficient car for when I had to commute for work. That was a mistake. Such a piece of shit.

Infiniti
Black g37x
jes stupid in the snow ...
mines a 35X (dealership only has straight 37's, no X, and you know where we live)

its ok in the snow, but not quattro. good, not amazing.

mines a 35X (dealership only has straight 37's, no X, and you know where we live)

its ok in the snow, but not quattro. good, not amazing.
it is torquey with the auto trans ... it’s got a snow mode but screw that over 50 ....
they changed the steering in ‘14 to wire ... I think I’ll keep mine