What ya muscicians learning?

Yikes, that hasn't happened to me yet

Most of my injuries are trigger finger or some kind of elbow tendinitis

Can you buff that thing down a bit? Maybe with some of that 0000 steel wool?

Got most of it while waiting for the blood to coagulate(fucking blood thinners) Going to the shop tomorrow for a little Anniversary jam and will leave it with the techs. Working on a self-composed blues jam today and want to keep going.

Thanks for the recc...I'll check it out. My library system has a ton of songbooks and training guides.

I got the Fender App mainly for use as a tuner, but then I bought a snark a couple weeks ago so I don't even use that app anymore. They wanted money for everything, including the metronome.
Songbooks are good, but this is way better.

I picked up a Snark about a year ago and I hate how much I love it. I’ve been playing guitar for 30+ years and I’ve always used a tuning fork to tune my guitars. It really keeps your ear sharp, but GOD DAMN the convenience of the Snark. Particularly in a noisy setting. I don’t feel like it’s perfectly accurate, but what it lacks in accuracy it makes up for in functionality.

I also suggest working with a metronome for some of your practice. If you ever play with someone else, you’ll be happy you did.

Thread needs a bump

Since I got my mandolin, I've been working on a lot of bluegrass on both mando and guitar.

I'm surprised at how many women Willie killed

Been working 6 days a week, haven’t picked up an instrument in a while.

Well at least the money's good

I had a rough start on this mandolin so I found a bunch of on-line lessons. Getting better now
Makes me nervous. Just hope it doesn’t go from being swamped to nothing going on.

Mandolin was a lot easier than the guitar for me, but that’s because I started on the fiddle and the chords are the same, just had to learn to pick, found banjo picks were easier than a flat pick

Mandolin was a lot easier than the guitar for me, but that’s because I started on the fiddle and the chords are the same, just had to learn to pick, found banjo picks were easier than a flat pick
I still haven't settled on a pick. I don't use one on guitar, and half the time I don't use one on the mandolin but I know it doesn't sound as good. I have some large medium triangles with the rounded edges, those seem to work best. I'm not about to pay 35$ a pop for one of them expensive boo-teek kind

I still haven't settled on a pick. I don't use one on guitar, and half the time I don't use one on the mandolin but I know it doesn't sound as good. I have some large medium triangles with the rounded edges, those seem to work best. I'm not about to pay 35$ a pop for one of them expensive boo-teek kind
I’m a finger picker too, banjo picks work better than bare fingers for me on a mandolin though.

A bit of anomaly...I like many things, except country music. But....I like bluegrass.

A bit of anomaly...I like many things, except country music. But....I like bluegrass.
People that say that haven’t heard much real country. Listen to Townes Van Zandt and Robert Earl Keen. It’s like the people that “Hate country music but love Johnny Cash” even though Cash was at best the third best songwriter in the Highwaymen

Same here, not a big fan of regular country music, especially the current day stuff. But I like bluegrass since it combines elements of celtic, blues, gospel, and rock

Little known fact: Country music predates bluegrass by nearly 20 years.

Bluegrass evolved from the mountain music of Appalachia and Country music

Little known fact: Country music predates bluegrass by nearly 20 years.

Bluegrass evolved from the mountain music of Appalachia and Country music
I think bluegrass existed long before it was officially "named" as such. I come from a long line of Appalachian people that have been picking and clogging for over 100 years. For some reason, maybe the complexity of the sound or the tempo, no matter if the lyrics are sad, bluegrass makes me happy.

I think bluegrass existed long before it was officially "named" as such. I come from a long line of Appalachian people that have been picking and clogging for over 100 years. For some reason, maybe the complexity of the sound or the tempo, no matter if the lyrics are sad, bluegrass makes me happy.
I love bluegrass, it’s most of the music I play. I also love real, good Country music. First instrument I ever picked up was a fiddle, and Uncle Pen is a lot more fun to play than Faded Love, for sure. Also play the mandolin and can half ass play a guitar. Mountain Music and Bluegrass are similar, but there’s some key differences. Earl Scruggs and his style of licking really revolutionized the genre from the old claw hammer picking style

since I got more into blues scales and pentatonics I have been mostly composing/jamming. Mostly what I call dirge blues, mostly minors, slow tempo funeral music. But I like the way it sounds, so there.