What ya muscicians learning?

Some of you musicians should put up a sample of your playing and/or songs. That would be interesting.

Recently added Theme From an Imaginary Western to the set list

I'm actually learning how to play kit drums. I've played percussion instruments now for a while and I ended up buying a ride cymbal for fun last month. Since then I've acquired or purchased two snare drums, a crash cymbal, and a cajon and foot pedal (which I use as a bass drum). Thank fuck the kids have moved out or I'd have no room for all this gear.

As far as actual songs go on the drums, I'm still more or less developing chops but I do know and can play a few grooves.

Also, if anyone is ever wanting to play drums, using a cajon and foot pedal with cymbals and nylon brushes is an excellent set up to have. You get the tone and feel of a kit without having the automatic loudness of a regular kit drum. It's great for jam sessions, small gigs, or just general fun around the house.

Here's my set up...

20220405_134621.jpg

Recently learned The Wizard by Uriah Heep. It's in drop C tuning but pretty simple. Basically D, C9, C/B.

Ive always been hesitant to drop my tuning for some stupid reason, not sure what the big deal was now

Cat Playing GIF

I'm picking up some Johnny Cash lately on both mando and guitar, and also this:

511fvAGOmeL.jpg

Finally learning how to read grand staff and not just tab.