Where's the Moon Landing Was Fake thread?

There also was a photo of two astronauts on the surface. The second astronaut appears in the visor of the first....but that astronaut clearly doesn't have a camera!

The astronaut in the photo couldn't have taken it so that means there would have to have been another astronaut on the surface to take it.

That would require 3 astronauts on the surface.....there were only ever 3 men crews on all the Apollo missions. Someone had to stay in the command module while two went to the surface.

The camera was mounted on the lunar module. You can also see the lunar module in that reflection.

Just like the video of Armstrong stepping off the ladder. The video camera was mounted on the lunar module.

The article about no stars is again, not anything that reassures it wasn't fake. So again, technology in 1969 was able to capture these almost HD style photographs and their main "mission" was to get the surface of the moon, but nothing of the stars? Not even one curious shot taken of the stars? Wouldn't it be cool to see what maybe other planets could look like from the location of the moon?

And that article, look at that space craft. Even more reason to think no F'n way that thing makes it through the stratosphere at blazing speeds and makes it through the travels to the moon and then can direct itself back to Earth and make a safe Earth landing.

LMAO!!

You can't possibly be implying they left and re-entered the earths atmosphere in the lunar module (Eagle), can you?

Can we now? How is it that Russia and China, two major countries who were also competing to get to the moon first, 50+ years later have yet to send a human there.

Did they just give up and ask what is the point now that the USA has done it?

Yes.

What would be the point in going to the nothingness? Being able to say "We were #2".

The distance between Earth and Moon is almost 239,000 miles and their radio communication is clear as if they were one room away. Truck drivers CB radios 500 miles away aren't even this clear.

LOL

Do truck drivers have one of these 70 m antennas mounted on their roofs?

The-70m-antenna-at-the-Goldstone-DSN-complex-in-California_Q640.jpg

Again, your sources. If this was a photograph taken by the nerdy neighbor through his telescope I may be impressed. But also too, could any of that stuff tolerate 50+ years of whatever sort of conditions are on the moon? Still there, never moved? Nothing? Laying nicely in the exact same spot 50 years later.

There is no weather on the moon. There's no atmosphere.

If our rivals acknowledge it then it lends to more credibility. If we land on the moon in 2024, we have technology now that people can and likely will be following that thing and craft from the moment they take off and land. Maybe they land and go to the same location and can see all the old stuff. But likely they'll go to the other side since we haven't been there.

They had the technology to track them back then.

It was Goldstone, CA. My dad worked there. There was only one dish there back then, but there are multiple dishes there now.
It's used as a SETI site.

The-70m-antenna-at-the-Goldstone-DSN-complex-in-California_Q640.jpg

I am sure astronauts in 1972 who went to the moon, would've thought for sure humans would have been on Mars by 2023. We have a run of moon landings from 1969-1972, it is only logical to think that 50 years later we'd have sent people to Mars. Instead, no one has gone past Earths low orbit. I mean in 1972 they thought we'd have flying cars by the year 2000 because technology seemed so advanced in 1969 that we could send people to the moon.

It would take near two years to get to Mars and back. That's a lot of groceries.

The more I look into the moon landing the more I do wonder. I mean, we had the technology in 1969 to get there, but we have never sent humans back there. No other country has sent humans there since 1969?

You look at some of the photos and the spacecraft stuff looks like piles of junk put together and you are telling me it took humans to the moon? Looking at the photos the surface of the moon also looks non-natural.

People will say there is no reason for us to send humans back to the moon because it is too dangerous and we can just send robots to explore. But really? We sent humans in 1969 up there in what appears to be less than ideal equipment, and 50+ years we've decided we can't do it again?

Also there is zero stars in any photographs or video from on the moon. I've seen people respond to this that it has something to do with the technology of the camera or something that can't pick up stars. What?? We just sent multiple people to the moon and we don't have the technology that can capture stars in the background?! I drive 15 minutes out of town on a clear night and the sky is full of stars, but being up on the moon where there is zero artificial light and it can't pick up one star?

Anyways, I don't know, never thought I would be in the camp that thinks the moon landing was fake, but I have become highly skeptical.
There were no stars in the pics because they landed in the sunlit part. How many stars do you see during the day? Exactly 1.

There were no stars in the pics because they landed in the sunlit part. How many stars do you see during the day? Exactly 1.

This has been a fun read. I await tomorrow.

I am sure astronauts in 1972 who went to the moon, would've thought for sure humans would have been on Mars by 2023. We have a run of moon landings from 1969-1972, it is only logical to think that 50 years later we'd have sent people to Mars. Instead, no one has gone past Earths low orbit. I mean in 1972 they thought we'd have flying cars by the year 2000 because technology seemed so advanced in 1969 that we could send people to the moon.

you have to understand that Mars has little to no gravity, extreme temps, and isnt going in a complete circle around the sun in tandem with earth.

we will need to get a shitload of supplies to mars. before we even think about landing there.

Mars is about 33 million miles away at its closest and usually over 60 million miles away.

Most likely if the earth is still around - we won't be on Mars until 2287.

There is no weather on the moon. There's no atmosphere.

Correct that there is no weather, but the moon does in fact have an atmosphere. It's just a very thin atmosphere.

Mars has stronger gravity than the moon, but only about 1/3 of that of Earth.

Upon launch, once they broke through the earth's atmosphere, the rocket booster stages were jettisoned.
They then extracted the lunar module from it's protective fairing. The lunar module was jettisoned when they got back up to the command/service modules.
The service module stayed connected the entire time before being jettisoned just prior to re-entry through the earth's atmosphere in the command module (i.e. capsule).

stage-4-56503e8.jpg

BTW. My dad who worked for NASA in Titusville, FL and Goldstone, CA, never referred to the Gemini's or Apollo's as "rockets".
He always called them "missiles".

"Missile Shots" to be exact.

51 years after the technology has been available to us, a billionaire Elon Musk has yet to get his rockets even into space.