Movie Wonder Woman 2: 1984 (2020)

This was bad and Patty Jenkins complaining about it going to streaming and not returning for WW3 is probably a relief to WB right now. This was not a movie anyone wanted to see and I hope she doesn't screw up Star Wars.

Holy shit was that bad....just like everything about it. Every scene. Every character.

Also, how the hell did they just jump in a plane at a museum and fly it to Cairo and back? And how the fuck does he know how to fly a jet?
As a pilot I can attest that flying isnt that difficult. Granted I've only piloted a cesna 172 and not a jet but if you can figure out how to get it started, rest is pretty straightforward.

Holy shit was that bad....just like everything about it. Every scene. Every character.

Also, how the hell did they just jump in a plane at a museum and fly it to Cairo and back? And how the fuck does he know how to fly a jet?
i thought the opening scene was okay, from there however...

the jet would be way down the list for me. just the overall premise was so dumb. so, the villain is essentially a stone and it's defeated because it didn't specify no takebacks in the inscription?

i thought the opening scene was okay, from there however...

the jet would be way down the list for me. just the overall premise was so dumb. so, the villain is essentially a stone and it's defeated because it didn't specify no takebacks in the inscription?
The jet thing just made me laugh. Like when they decided to fly thru the fireworks.

The whole Steve coming back to life in some innocent mans body seemed strange. And everyone just renouncing their wish? I’m usually not a very strict movie critic, but the holes in this movie was just way too much. At times I was wondering if it was intentional.

As a pilot I can attest that flying isnt that difficult. Granted I've only piloted a cesna 172 and not a jet but if you can figure out how to get it started, rest is pretty straightforward.
Do you pilot aircraft that only exist in the visible spectrum?

the problem with this movie was basically the whole story... terrible source material, any time the big bad is a magic user, you are in danger, this never became more than a magic movie..

There's a woman flying around using clouds and lightning bolts like Spider-Man uses buildings. I'm not worried about magical items created by malevolent beings.

Reactions: ill
"Okay, here's the plan. We'll open with a great amazonian olympics event! Yeah, nevermind that they have enough women to pack a colliseum that we never saw in the first flick. Nobody will notice, trust us!!! Then, we'll have an 80s mall fight, a battle with WW and some trucks on the open road, and finally, a fight between WW and Cheetah. Only it won't really be Cheetah. It'll be a wish Cheetah. And the rest we'll just fill in with 80s jokes as we go......"

Yea, kind of disappointed in that one.

Kristen Wiig looked good though.

tenor.gif

"Okay, here's the plan. We'll open with a great amazonian olympics event! Yeah, nevermind that they have enough women to pack a colliseum that we never saw in the first flick. Nobody will notice, trust us!!! Then, we'll have an 80s mall fight, a battle with WW and some trucks on the open road, and finally, a fight between WW and Cheetah. Only it won't really be Cheetah. It'll be a wish Cheetah. And the rest we'll just fill in with 80s jokes as we go......"

I enjoyed the Olympic event and the mall fight... the rest not so much...

the Olympic event had no tie in with the actual movie, which is a shame, especially with how it ended for her...

I enjoyed the Olympic event and the mall fight... the rest not so much...

the Olympic event had no tie in with the actual movie, which is a shame, especially with how it ended for her...
The Olympic event taught her that she sometimes has to sacrifice what she wants in favor of doing the right thing. She got caught cheating in the event and had to give up the title she wanted so bad.

In the story she had to give up Steve because it was the right thing to do and for the greater good.

The Olympic event taught her that she sometimes has to sacrifice what she wants in favor of doing the right thing. She got caught cheating in the event and had to give up the title she wanted so bad.

In the story she had to give up Steve because it was the right thing to do and for the greater good.

Yea, very lame tie in... I mean... I understand sacrifice, but the usage of the learned lesson is just terribly written... Just like everything else...

I feel like they tried too hard for Wonder Woman to be a woman, and not a superhero...

I mean, she was choosing love over her powers, and at the end she had to lecture the world to save it... she saved it with compassion and not with violence... very feminine...

Yea, very lame tie in... I mean... I understand sacrifice, but the usage of the learned lesson is just terribly written... Just like everything else...

I feel like they tried too hard for Wonder Woman to be a woman, and not a superhero...

I mean, she was choosing love over her powers, and at the end she had to lecture the world to save it... she saved it with compassion and not with violence... very feminine...
How dare they stick to the Wonder Woman way of things like that. If you expected her to use some violent, smash-mouth approach to the problem, maybe you aren't the Wonder Woman type.

There's no pleasing some people.

How dare they stick to the Wonder Woman way of things like that. If you expected her to use some violent, smash-mouth approach to the problem, maybe you aren't the Wonder Woman type.

There's no pleasing some people.

No, I am not saying wonder woman has to be superman... that was very far from what my point was... it was simply the fact this story tried too hard to show that she was a Woman superhero, and not a superhero that is a woman... if that makes sense...

No, I am not saying wonder woman has to be superman... that was very far from what my point was... it was simply the fact this story tried too hard to show that she was a Woman superhero, and not a superhero that is a woman... if that makes sense...
It doesn't because she is a woman first.

Women clearly do things differently than men, it's been shown in many many studies. I'm not sure what you wanted them to do here...just kill Lord and be done with it?

I think they had her snap someone's neck didn't she?

Let's be honest they were so hell bent on bringing back Chris Pine that they forced a story in order to make it happen and put it in 1984 so they wouldn't have to acknowledge other heroes and the 80's seemed fun. None of it worked and from the energy of the actors, it felt like they knew it also.

And the rest we'll just fill in with 80s jokes as we go......"
The jokes were awful too. Like the whole, I tried to ride this bike but it wouldn't move.... for one, I am pretty sure they had exercise bikes in the 40's and even if not... you aren't a fucking idiot, you can see it doesn't have wheels or a motor or anything. It was a lame joke. Same with the trash can part. Like bro, you had trash cans in the 40's and I am sure some were on the streets as well. These were not funny to me at all and borderline insulting. The rockets made sense, because we didn't have those in the 40's.

Maybe I am just hypercritical, but the movie was absolutely awful. There are some redeeming things about it. The production was solid, the acting was decent, decent camera work and cinematography, and it has Gadot - who is beautiful. Wiig is pretty cute as well. But all in all, it was very bad. 4/10.

Back