Movie Wonder Woman 2: 1984 (2020)

The jokes were awful too. Like the whole, I tried to ride this bike but it wouldn't move.... for one, I am pretty sure they had exercise bikes in the 40's and even if not... you aren't a fucking idiot, you can see it doesn't have wheels or a motor or anything. It was a lame joke. Same with the trash can part. Like bro, you had trash cans in the 40's and I am sure some were on the streets as well. These were not funny to me at all and borderline insulting. The rockets made sense, because we didn't have those in the 40's.

Maybe I am just hypercritical, but the movie was absolutely awful. There are some redeeming things about it. The production was solid, the acting was decent, decent camera work and cinematography, and it has Gadot - who is beautiful. Wiig is pretty cute as well. But all in all, it was very bad. 4/10.

I didn't think it was bad yet, at those points... I was still smiling at those lame cheesy jokes... it was just a continuation to the cheesiness of the mall scene...

I thought it got BAD once Max Lord became a success through the wish powers... and the more powerful he became the worse the movie got...

2 1/2 hours is too long, it took long enough to get to the point of the movie. I thought the ending was pretty cheesy.

Barbara
“good girl gone bad for no reason” was very forced into the movie just to so we can have fight scene at the end.

Let's be honest they were so hell bent on bringing back Chris Pine that they forced a story in order to make it happen and put it in 1984 so they wouldn't have to acknowledge other heroes and the 80's seemed fun. None of it worked and from the energy of the actors, it felt like they knew it also.
I thought it played into the story really well. I think most people were pretty disappointed that Pine died in the first one, he was a big part of it...bringing him back was pretty natural.

plus people come back in comic books all the time.

The jokes were awful too. Like the whole, I tried to ride this bike but it wouldn't move.... for one, I am pretty sure they had exercise bikes in the 40's and even if not... you aren't a fucking idiot, you can see it doesn't have wheels or a motor or anything. It was a lame joke. Same with the trash can part. Like bro, you had trash cans in the 40's and I am sure some were on the streets as well. These were not funny to me at all and borderline insulting. The rockets made sense, because we didn't have those in the 40's.

Maybe I am just hypercritical, but the movie was absolutely awful. There are some redeeming things about it. The production was solid, the acting was decent, decent camera work and cinematography, and it has Gadot - who is beautiful. Wiig is pretty cute as well. But all in all, it was very bad. 4/10.
so you didn't like the whole movie because of a couple cheesy jokes?

lame

2 1/2 hours is too long, it took long enough to get to the point of the movie. I thought the ending was pretty cheesy.

Barbara
“good girl gone bad for no reason” was very forced into the movie just to so we can have fight scene at the end.
I think Barbara was a more "Look at me, I'm confident and awesome now!" after being the dog everyone kicked for a long time.

I thought it played into the story really well. I think most people were pretty disappointed that Pine died in the first one, he was a big part of it...bringing him back was pretty natural.

plus people come back in comic books all the time.
It played into the story very well but doesn’t change the fact it was a shitty story to begin with. There isn’t much about this movie that is good and that’s unfortunate because the first one was great.

It played into the story very well but doesn’t change the fact it was a shitty story to begin with. There isn’t much about this movie that is good and that’s unfortunate because the first one was great.
I am not super familiar with Wonder Woman and who her enemies are, so I am not sure what you do there.

I think my biggest qualm is that the movie is too long...and they could have taken a note from the Marvel world and had Superman or another DC hero in there with her...like Thor: Ragnarok.

so you didn't like the whole movie because of a couple cheesy jokes?

lame
I had other posts in here and on the SH that you apparently skipped over or missed. Lame is this movie. The movie is bad for numerous reasons, but even the small stuff like the jokes demonstrate how bad the writing is.

But yes, the whole movie is bad.

I had other posts in here and on the SH that you apparently skipped over or missed. Lame is this movie. The movie is bad for numerous reasons, but even the small stuff like the jokes demonstrate how bad the writing is.

But yes, the whole movie is bad.
I’d rewatch Batman & Robin before I watched WW1984 again. It was that bad.

I was always opposed to a WW movie because I thought Lynda Carter was inimitable. I loved her - had the underoos, the lunchbox, all of it. Gal Gadot is gorgeous and I eventually came around to thinking she'd make a decent substitute for the original, but my gawd, did those movies suck. Just awful. Is that a DC thing?

I was always opposed to a WW movie because I thought Lynda Carter was inimitable. I loved her - had the underoos, the lunchbox, all of it. Gal Gadot is gorgeous and I eventually came around to thinking she'd make a decent substitute for the original, but my gawd, did those movies suck. Just awful. Is that a DC thing?
Yes, mostly it's a DC thing.

again, I didn't mind the movie.

it wasn't anything ground breaking and it didn't live up to how great the first one was, but not going to lose sleep over it.

again, I didn't mind the movie.

it wasn't anything ground breaking and it didn't live up to how great the first one was, but not going to lose sleep over it.
I didn’t mind it so much either. But I had already heard all the HORRIBLE reviews, so I went in expecting to hate it.

I think that it really just shows the difference between DC movie-verse and the MCU. DC appears to just want to churn out product to cash in while the MCU, while showing some signs of age, is a MUCH better product and just simply better.

I didn’t mind it so much either. But I had already heard all the HORRIBLE reviews, so I went in expecting to hate it.

I think that it really just shows the difference between DC movie-verse and the MCU. DC appears to just want to churn out product to cash in while the MCU, while showing some signs of age, is a MUCH better product and just simply better.
You don't think MCU is cashing in?

Granted they are better at it, I still think they are out there cashing in just as much.

I mean, look at Disney Plus and all the shows...

I didn’t mind it so much either. But I had already heard all the HORRIBLE reviews, so I went in expecting to elshate it.

It's really about one vision and the directors and writers that have to work within that vision.

Nolan was successful with Batman trilogy, but that was kind of pre-DC.
It was standalone.

Lucas hit it big with the the original SW trilogy, but episodes 5 and 6 had different directors, but the story continuity was always there.

The writing failed in the prequels.
The writing and directing failed in the most recent sequels.

The Marvel movies have some semblance of continuity throughout their films, but it's mostly the humor that carries one set piece to another. With DC, it's hard to make a 2-2.5 hour film that is constantly dark/grim/gritty. This led to the brilliant trolling in Deadpool 2 when Deadpool talks to Cable about being so dark and grim and wonders if he might be from the DC Universe.

Nolan figured it out, but he had the Joker and Bane to do some of the heavy lifting. The Dark Knight might the greatest superhero film of all time, mostly due to Ledger's performance. Now we just get villains that try to emulate that and mostly fail.

Granted they are better at it, I still think they are out there cashing in just as much.

I don't.

I think they have a lot of this already mapped out and if the writing remains crisp, fresh, and funny enough, then they'll keep making them until folks want to stop seeing them. They are testing the limits of saturation with the TV shows, but I know I'll be looking forward to them. I'm also curious to see what DC comes up with next, both for their TV shows (Titans) and movies.

I don't.

I think they have a lot of this already mapped out and if the writing remains crisp, fresh, and funny enough, then they'll keep making them until folks want to stop seeing them. They are testing the limits of saturation with the TV shows, but I know I'll be looking forward to them. I'm also curious to see what DC comes up with next, both for their TV shows (Titans) and movies.
I agree, they have a much better idea of pulling it all together. I feel like DC does more where their hero's act independent of the others. They have Justice League but it really isn't the same thing.

Then you have X Men in the Marvel universe and they can't seem to get it together. I think that's kind of comparable.

I agree, they have a much better idea of pulling it all together. I feel like DC does more where their hero's act independent of the others. They have Justice League but it really isn't the same thing.

Then you have X Men in the Marvel universe and they can't seem to get it together. I think that's kind of comparable.
X Men and Fantastic Four deserved better.
Props to X Men for rolling out Halle Berry/Jackman/Stewart/McAvoy/Fassbender/JLaw. I mean, they tried.

Reactions: ill

Absolutely Disney is cashing in on the MCU. They have a great formula and product. They aren’t there to do charity work. DC (more specifically the DCEU) has not put in the heavy lifting that the MCU has. The MCU had what, 4? 5? Movies before their big team up. Each of the characters could work in a crossover because a lot of their story was already told.

DC STARTED with the crossovers and tried to bite on the work that Marvel had done for the previous 10 years.

The Dark Knight movies worked because they weren‘t trying to do too much. The first one was the origin story of Batman. The second was expanding his story while bringing in Joker (and getting one of the greatest acting performances in cinematic history). The third didnt work as well as the first 2, but it was still building on pre-existing work.

Absolutely Disney is cashing in on the MCU. They have a great formula and product. They aren’t there to do charity work. DC (more specifically the DCEU) has not put in the heavy lifting that the MCU has. The MCU had what, 4? 5? Movies before their big team up. Each of the characters could work in a crossover because a lot of their story was already told.

DC STARTED with the crossovers and tried to bite on the work that Marvel had done for the previous 10 years.

The Dark Knight movies worked because they weren‘t trying to do too much. The first one was the origin story of Batman. The second was expanding his story while bringing in Joker (and getting one of the greatest acting performances in cinematic history). The third didnt work as well as the first 2, but it was still building on pre-existing work.
I'm not sure DC has a story quite like Infinity Ward that pulls everyone together though.

Back