Movie Wonder Woman 2: 1984 (2020)

I'm not sure DC has a story quite like Infinity Ward that pulls everyone together though.
So tell their own story. DC comics are rich with stories. Do that. Don’t do Marvel. Do DC.

So tell their own story. DC comics are rich with stories. Do that. Don’t do Marvel. Do DC.
They are...but they don't seem to be what the people like.

DC has done a much better job with animated series and the television shows, IMO.

I read this thread, before watching the movie, to get my expectations really low.

I was still disappointed. It was cheezy start to finish.

That being said, I was still entertained. And movies are dirt cheap here, so it was worth it.

I am not a comic book guy, so I can't speak on the accuracy to those, but from what I have seen, Marvel stories are FAR superior to DCs. Batman might be the lone character that can somewhat compete with Marvel characters, maybe Superman a little.

But as I ranted about last year on the SH lol... DC villains are fucking awful and dumb.

WW84 - a wishing stone created by a greek God
WW - Aries... a greek God.
Aquaman - Ocean Master (say that name out loud and tell me you think it works lmao, its fucking dumb) However, Patrick Wilson is a solid actor.
Flash (CW) - Reverse Flash.... well that is thinking outside the box.
Shazam - 7 Deadly Sins.... omg c'mon.
Green Lantern - the color Yellow
Justice League - Steppenwolf whose entire life goal is to destroy all life.... fucking stupid. So bad.

The premise of some is just dumb, the name of others is incredibly dumb. And there are glaring holes story-wise in each of them. DC needs to revamp with all new stories and villains.

Captain Marvel is pretty bad... like REALLY bad, but DC makes it look decent.

Last edited:
I am not a comic book guy, so I can't speak on the accuracy to those, but from what I have seen, Marvel stories are FAR superior to DCs. Batman might be the lone character that can somewhat compete with Marvel characters, maybe Superman a little.

But as I ranted about last year on the SH lol... DC villains are fucking awful and dumb.

WW84 - a wishing stone created by a greek God
WW - Aries... a greek God.
Aquaman - Ocean Master (say that name out loud and tell me you think it works lmao, its fucking dumb) However, Patrick Wilson is a solid actor.
Flash (CW) - Reverse Flash.... well that is thinking outside the box.
Shazam - 7 Deadly Sins.... omg c'mon.
Green Lantern - the color Yellow
Justice League - Steppenwolf whose entire life goal is to destroy all life.... fucking stupid. So bad.

The premise of some is just dumb, the name of others is incredibly dumb. And there are glaring holes story-wise in each of them. DC needs to revamp with all new stories and villains.

Captain Marvel is pretty bad... like REALLY bad, but DC makes it look decent.
Maybe comic book movies aren't your thing...

Maybe comic book movies aren't your thing...
Why? Because DC sucks? Or is it that criticism is not allowed to come across your computer screen?

Marvel does a good job. Some DC movies are good, like the Nolan Batman, I thought Man of Steel was tolerable, the first Wonder Woman was tolerable but pretty boring, The Watchmen (a lot of people don't like this one, I do), V for Vendetta is fantastic. But that is literally all I can think of. T

I wish they could've made a better movie.

Back