So glad I'm "working" from home.

Thank you COVID.

Tick tock.

Tick tock.

Gonna be a packed fall.

NFL, F1 with too many races and this.

So glad I'm "working" from home.

Thank you COVID.
Well I am supposed to be working from home too but only been home 4 working days this month.

When does the winter break start for European leagues?

Lot of teams are going to be without most of their players.

Depends by league. World cup starts today on 11/20. leagues shut down a week before, I know germany will have a winter break after world cup. i think bayern munich will have 68 days off.

I am glad ESPN posted this, I was thinking the same thing. This "golden" generation of players, not looking so golden with about 100 days to go before World Cup. I can think on 1 hand who gets a thumbs up on this team and I only count players in Europe. MLS players won't get you past the Group Stage. For me:

The only thumbs up are:

Aaronson, Robinson, Prefok, Adams, McKennie, Musah

Need to get their act together quick:

Pulisic, Weah, Reyna, Steffan

In trouble:

Dest, Pepi.

Some unknowns that need more opportunities:

Richards, Scally, Turner

All others useless.

NOTE: still don't understand why Berhalter barely lets Prefok and Scally play.

I am glad ESPN posted this, I was thinking the same thing. This "golden" generation of players, not looking so golden with about 100 days to go before World Cup. I can think on 1 hand who gets a thumbs up on this team and I only count players in Europe. MLS players won't get you past the Group Stage. For me:

The only thumbs up are:

Aaronson, Robinson, Prefok, Adams, McKennie, Musah

Need to get their act together quick:

Pulisic, Weah, Reyna, Steffan

In trouble:

Dest, Pepi.

Some unknowns that need more opportunities:

Richards, Scally, Turner

All others useless.

NOTE: still don't understand why Berhalter barely lets Prefok and Scally play.

Prefok scored again. That prick MLS Toadie Berhalter better make him the top striker,

When does the winter break start for European leagues?

Lot of teams are going to be without most of their players.
Starts November 14 to Christmas Day for the premier league. Then Boxing Day has league games. Which is 8 days after the World Cup final.

Depends by league. World cup starts today on 11/20. leagues shut down a week before, I know germany will have a winter break after world cup. i think bayern munich will have 68 days off.
Really?

I expect most of the premier league guys (playing in the World Cup) will at least get 16 days off. Which is actually pretty decent. The guys playing in the semis and final are looking at 8-12 days.

Those not in it are about a month and 2 weeks.

Starts November 14 to Christmas Day for the premier league. Then Boxing Day has league games. Which is 8 days after the World Cup final.
Those guys are going to be gasEd. The club studs that are also international studs.

Those guys are going to be gasEd. The club studs that are also international studs.
Yeah, it’s not ideal. Should have never been in Qatar in the first place and forced this to the late fall/winter.

Some of these middle tier teams that don’t have many players on National teams are going to be in good shape. Fucking Liverpool plays at Villa the 26th, thats an L likely.

Really?

I expect most of the premier league guys (playing in the World Cup) will at least get 16 days off. Which is actually pretty decent. The guys playing in the semis and final are looking at 8-12 days.

Those not in it are about a month and 2 weeks.
Yup. Bayern after 11/12 game next one will be 1/21.

Yup. Bayern after 11/12 game next one will be 1/21.
Wow, that’s really good for them. The EPL plays the day after Christmas. Even if guys don’t make the semis, it’s a little over 2 week break. I suspect many won’t suit up for Boxing Day.

Wow, that’s really good for them. The EPL plays the day after Christmas. Even if guys don’t make the semis, it’s a little over 2 week break. I suspect many won’t suit up for Boxing Day.
Bayern healthy fresh just in time for UCL knockout rounds hopefully or the opposite out of sync after too much time off. Never know.

Bayern healthy fresh just in time for UCL knockout rounds hopefully or the opposite out of sync after too much time off. Never know.
True, but given the option I’d want the time off compared to playing right away.

Yeah, it’s not ideal. Should have never been in Qatar in the first place and forced this to the late fall/winter.

Some of these middle tier teams that don’t have many players on National teams are going to be in good shape. Fucking Liverpool plays at Villa the 26th, thats an L likely.
I was thinking about this recently. Of course I’m going to tune in and watch, but I’m not sure if I will as much as in summer. Maybe I will prove myself wrong when the time comes, but it’s just a very weird time of year they are squeezing this into.

Obviously I don’t see global ratings taking a hit at all. It’s World Cup. I just feel that way myself.

Only real plus here is after this it is only 3.5 years to the next Cup.

I was thinking about this recently. Of course I’m going to tune in and watch, but I’m not sure if I will as much as in summer. Maybe I will prove myself wrong when the time comes, but it’s just a very weird time of year they are squeezing this into.

Obviously I don’t see global ratings taking a hit at all. It’s World Cup. I just feel that way myself.

Only real plus here is after this it is only 3.5 years to the next Cup.
On one hand I think pits interesting and a bit cool. That weekend before thanksgiving you got college football, then pro football then the week of thanksgiving starts the World Cup mixed in with more college and pro FB. For someone like me that loves both that’s awesome.

But on the other hand it is absolutely a weird time, mix in it’s the holidays and my WC watch time May take a hit too compared to where it would have been had this been in July.

It is nice that it’s less time we have to wait until the next one too.