World Cup Qualifying

Or Qatar, USA, Iran, Saudi Arabia group for the USA fans.

FIFA rankings don't really care how you qualified. Canada finished tops in CONCACAF qualification, and is in Pot 4 because they're currently 38th in the world.

Read they would have been in pot 3 had they won yesterday

Read they would have been in pot 3 had they won yesterday

They were talking that up through the Canuckistanian broadcast.

Playing the B front/mid after an emotional win has never made sense to me.

November is when things start for real again, they should have come out guns blazing. Keep the roll going and wait for how good they are going to be when Alphonso Davies makes his return.

One man, one game. But what a fucking game. Great player. Certainly the best Canada has by a bit. Missed greatly right now by Bayern Munich as well.

In case you missed it:

This is so conflicting. I want Berhalter gone. But I also don't want a shit draw and if we get a good draw, we might make it out of the group and so they keep Berhalter.

This is so conflicting. I want Berhalter gone. But I also don't want a shit draw and if we get a good draw, we might make it out of the group and so they keep Berhalter.
Draw will be interesting. I think limited by countries in your region. So USA and Canada cannot be in same group. Sirius talked about it yesterday and all agreed Qatar, USA, Iran/Tunisia and Saudi Arabia/New Zealand would be a great pot. Bad pot anyone geting Senegal in pot 3 or Canada/Ecuador in pot 4. France/Brazil, USA, Senegal in same group be bad, same for any team that gets Germany/Netherlands and then Senegal. Germany is going to potentially in a group of death. Any of of those pot 2 or port 4 teams if Senegal is their pot 3.

Most pundits say if you can't get Qatar, you want Portugal or England or maybe aging Belgium from pot 1. Anyone but Brazil and France but especially Brazil.

We ended up with a pretty darn nice draw imo

Group B: England, USA, Iran, winner of Wales/Scotland/Ukraine

Most pundits say if you can't get Qatar, you want Portugal or England or maybe aging Belgium from pot 1. Anyone but Brazil and France but especially Brazil.

And we get Belgium. Will be nice to test our mettle against the world #2 in the current rankings. I look forward to it.

We ended up with a pretty darn nice draw imo

Group B: England, USA, Iran, winner of Wales/Scotland/Ukraine
Decent draw. Pre war Ukraine pretty tough. But may end up just being a playoff with Wales vs Scotland

Germany not easy group. Spain and Japan and Costa Rica or New Zealand. Would prefer New Zealand. Japan can be dangerous. Glad they dodged Senegal.

And we get Belgium. Will be nice to test our mettle against the world #2 in the current rankings. I look forward to it.
Belgium may be world number #2 but they are aging out somewhat. Canada has a shot. Injuries will be key also. If De Bruyne or Lukaku gets hurt that could be key.

Belgium may be world number #2 but they are aging out somewhat. Canada has a shot. Injuries will be key also. If De Bruyne or Lukaku gets hurt that could be key.

I'm happy with the group.

Germany not easy group. Spain and Japan and Costa Rica or New Zealand. Would prefer New Zealand. Japan can be dangerous. Glad they dodged Senegal.
Best looking candidate for group of death at this point. Nothing stood out as an absolute murderers row. But, it’s either this group or the one Group F that look the toughest on paper right now.

I’m pleased with our group. England should be very tough, but not so much with the other two.

Group A winner and runner up will face USA group winners and runner up. If the USA get through in second could face The Netherlands in first knockout game.

Best looking candidate for group of death at this point. Nothing stood out as an absolute murderers row. But, it’s either this group or the one Group F that look the toughest on paper right now.

I’m pleased with our group. England should be very tough, but not so much with the other two.
Gareth Bale if Wales wins playoff could cause issues for USA. Brazil must really be happy about their group as a pot 1 team.

Mexico, Poland, Argentina together. Not easy even though Poland the weakest you will have to deal with Robert Lewandowski. Would have loved to see Lewandowski go against Zack Steffen, Walker Zimmerman, and Miles Robinson of USA.

Gotta win the group IMO. Netherlands effectively has the 1 seed and a bye into the knockout round. Get that 1 and get the game against Senegal or Ecuador as our best chance to advance in the knockout round.