Wth is Andy Reid really saying

Reaction score
Bookie:
$ 3,154.00

NFL referee explains offside call on Kadarius Toney that outraged Chiefs after loss to Bills​

The Chiefs appeared to have a late, go-ahead touchdown against the Bills when Travis Kelce lateralled the ball to Kadarius Toney after a long reception and the third-year receiver waltzed into the end-zone untouched.

However, the score was called back by the officials because Toney had lined up offside on the play. Kansas City was never able to generate positive momentum after that penalty, and that allowed Buffalo's defense to close out a 20-17 win.

The Chiefs, including Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes, expressed their displeasure with the call during their postgame news conferences.

“Normally I get a warning before that’s called," Reid said. "A bit embarrassing for the National Football League for that to take place.”

Despite those intimations from the Chiefs, referee Carl Cheffers believed it was the right call. He came out in defense of the down judge's judgment in a postgame pool report.

This was right out of his post game press conference. So Andy Reid normally gets a warning by the refs when a player is lined up offsides?

That is embarrassing for the NFL, don't ya think?

This was right out of his post game press conference. So Andy Reid normally gets a warning by the refs when a player is lined up offsides?

Not sure about the coach getting a warning but generally, yes, the receiver will. It's why you see receivers always turn and check with the refs before plays.

Now, did Toney let his emotions get the better of him because he knew the trick play they were about to run and forget to check with the ref, or was he so far offsides that the ref was just like, screw it?

Didn't watch the game, just read about all the baby chiefies whining

However, if they really wanted embarrassing for the NFL, they should have watched the Vikings-Raiders game

Not sure about the coach getting a warning but generally, yes, the receiver will. It's why you see receivers always turn and check with the refs before plays.

Why don't they do that for illegal formations then? I have seen receivers look at the sidelines and assumed they were actually looking at the down marker. Not the ref. But andy reid expects to be notified ... I guess so he can call a time out?

Crazy if you ask me. This is the first time I've heard a head coach complain that the ref's didn't tell them their guy was lined up improperly.

I would think this to grab a few peoples attention.

Toney was way the fuck offsides. No gray area there.

Chiefs we’re gifted an AFC championship and a Super Bowl by the refs last year, so I don’t want to hear it.

Blame Toney for being a retard that has cost you two games this year, and blame Reid/the GM whoever puts the roster together for having a a piss poor group of WR’s

Why don't they do that for illegal formations then? I have seen receivers look at the sidelines and assumed they were actually looking at the down marker. Not the ref. But andy reid expects to be notified ... I guess so he can call a time out?

Crazy if you ask me. This is the first time I've heard a head coach complain that the ref's didn't tell them their guy was lined up improperly.

I would think this to grab a few peoples attention.

Yeah, like I said, never heard about the coach getting a heads up. But I have heard and witnessed refs telling receivers to back up a little bit

Yeah, like I said, never heard about the coach getting a heads up. But I have heard and witnessed refs telling receivers to back up a little bit

I found this explanation...

Additionally, Cheffers explained that players are allowed to check with an official whether they are offside before the play. That gives them a chance to realign to avoid being penalized. Toney didn't do that before the game-changing call, and he wasn't close to being onside either.

"Ultimately, if they look for alignment advice, certainly we are going to give it to them. But ultimately, they are responsible for wherever they line up," Cheffers said. "And, certainly, no warning is required, especially if they are lined up so far offsides where they're actually blocking our view of the ball. So, we would give them some sort of a warning if it was anywhere close, but this particular one is beyond a warning."

Good stuff.

Toney was in the slot and was way offsides, so far they couldn’t let it slide, his helmet was in line with the D-line’s shoulder pads

I don’t feel a bit sorry for them, and it couldn’t happen to a more deserving POS than Toney, the Henry Ruggs sympathizer

I found this explanation...

Additionally, Cheffers explained that players are allowed to check with an official whether they are offside before the play. That gives them a chance to realign to avoid being penalized. Toney didn't do that before the game-changing call, and he wasn't close to being onside either.

"Ultimately, if they look for alignment advice, certainly we are going to give it to them. But ultimately, they are responsible for wherever they line up," Cheffers said. "And, certainly, no warning is required, especially if they are lined up so far offsides where they're actually blocking our view of the ball. So, we would give them some sort of a warning if it was anywhere close, but this particular one is beyond a warning."

Good stuff.

So it was both, the dummy was so excited about the upcoming trick play he forgot to check with the ref AND he was way offsides.

Toney was in the slot and was way offsides, so far they couldn’t let it slide, his helmet was in line with the D-line’s shoulder pads

I don’t feel a bit sorry for them, and it couldn’t happen to a more deserving POS than Toney, the Henry Ruggs sympathizer

Never feel sorry for the Chiefs

So it was both, the dummy was so excited about the upcoming trick play he forgot to check with the ref AND he was way offsides.
Yep. They can’t not call that(well, it’s the Chiefs and Mahomes, I’m kinda surprised they did tbh)

When you’re used to getting the benefit of every questionable call, when a rare, but correct penalty is called against you, it’s time for a hissy fit I guess

Yep. They can’t not call that(well, it’s the Chiefs and Mahomes, I’m kinda surprised they did tbh)

When you’re used to getting the benefit of every questionable call, when a rare, but correct penalty is called against you, it’s time for a hissy fit I guess

Even Ryan Day wouldn't complain about this call

Interested John C Reilly GIF

I’ve lost all respect for the Chiefs. Take responsibility for your own shit. Don’t blame the refs for calling a penalty when you clearly committed it. Fucking crybabies.
Remember that BS roughing the passer call in the AFCCG last year that pretty well handed the Chiefs a trip to the Super Bowl?

They weren’t crying then.

Like I said in the week 14 thread, Mahomes is an all time great talent at QB, but the way he acts and the people he surrounds himself with makes it impossible to like or pull for him.

Also, I think Taylor Swift is having the Jessica Simpson effect

No, it's 100% bullshit. What was meant was: if a player is lining up in the neutral zone habitually during the game, the refs will remind him not to. It doesn't cover any one individual play. FFS, on the replay, you couldn't even see the ball, Toney's foot was so far in.

You will see every WR who isn't a complete and total dumbass turn and check with the line judge when they are supposed to be on the line. Toney is a fucking idiot, has been his entire college and pro career, and just assumed he was right. He never checked. It isn't the refs job to run up and tell him he is in the wrong spot, if he doesn't check in then it's on him.

Fuck Reid and Mahomes for being upset at the wrong person. Toney fucked that play up, it isn't the refs job to keep players from making penalties.

They got robbed last week, but the Packers are more ref darlings than the Chiefs. I understand their frustration, they are used to getting all the calls their way and now twice it hasn't happened.

Toney's back foot was on the yard marker where the other up WR's FRONT foot was. Blatant offsides.

You will see every WR who isn't a complete and total dumbass turn and check with the line judge when they are supposed to be on the line. Toney is a fucking idiot, has been his entire college and pro career, and just assumed he was right. He never checked. It isn't the refs job to run up and tell him he is in the wrong spot, if he doesn't check in then it's on him.

Fuck Reid and Mahomes for being upset at the wrong person. Toney fucked that play up, it isn't the refs job to keep players from making penalties.
That doesn’t always work either last year against the giants McLauren looked and moved twice at the refs instructions and still got the Flag on the play before Samuel was mugged 2 seconds before the ball got to him. No doubt the fix was in for the greatest football family of all time the Mara’s to get into playoffs over shithead Danny boy