12 Team CFP Playoff

and yet in 2022 Kansas state lost to Tulane and Kansas state won the Big XII
Utah in 2021 losing to BYU and San Diego State and winning the Pac
You aren't proving anything by throwing out some outlier situations. Those types of upsets happen. Louisiana Monroe beat Bama, FSU lost to Troy, Michigan lost to App State, etc. None of that means that what is left of the G5, who will be vastly underfunded and out-talented, will be able to be better than ACC and B12 champs, or find themselves in the top 11, which is what this discussion was about.

Remember that the vote yesterday to go to 5-7 clearly indicates that the P4/P2 is dead set on 1 G5 and no more. They don't care about the G5; they aren't going to do anything to make it easy to get a second team. As the money gap grows, and G5 schools, for good or bad, become feeder systems in the transfer portal for P5 schools, the idea that one good one will arise 20% of the time seems optimistic.

You aren't proving anything by throwing out some outlier situations. Those types of upsets happen. Louisiana Monroe beat Bama, FSU lost to Troy, Michigan lost to App State, etc. None of that means that what is left of the G5, who will be vastly underfunded and out-talented, will be able to be better than ACC and B12 champs, or find themselves in the top 11, which is what this discussion was about.

Remember that the vote yesterday to go to 5-7 clearly indicates that the P4/P2 is dead set on 1 G5 and no more. They don't care about the G5; they aren't going to do anything to make it easy to get a second team. As the money gap grows, and G5 schools, for good or bad, become feeder systems in the transfer portal for P5 schools, the idea that one good one will arise 20% of the time seems optimistic.
all those teams named are still in the G5. they have always been underfunded. App state was FCS when they beat Michigan.
top 11? why is that the marker? they simply need to be ranked higher 11 only guarantees them a spot. but being the 4th or 5th highest ranked champion does too.

if they were dead set they would have worded it differently to specifically say as such. they didnt meaning the powers that be intentionally left the door open a crack for it to happen

all those teams named are still in the G5. they have always been underfunded. App state was FCS when they beat Michigan.
top 11? why is that the marker? they simply need to be ranked higher 11 only guarantees them a spot. but being the 4th or 5th highest ranked champion does too.

if they were dead set they would have worded it differently to specifically say as such. they didnt meaning the powers that be intentionally left the door open a crack for it to happen
This is the problem with discussions like these ... you've lost the thread, and we are talking past each other.

This entire part of the thread is about a G5 not being seeded 12th (meaning a better seed). That's what we have been discussing. Maybe not you, but that's what this part of the thread is about, and that's what I have been discussing.

So, there are 2 ways to not be seeded 12th. They are ranked 11th or better (seeded somewhere 5-11), or they are the highest ranked G5 champ that is ranked higher than at least 1 P5 champ (seeded somewhere 1-4). That's it. It's the only way a G5 won't be seeded 12th. You said that was going to happen 20% of the time. I don't think it will. I think almost always the G5 champ will be ranked lower than the four P4 champs, and will almost always be ranked 12th or higher. Hence my use of the 99% of the time they will be seeded 12th.

So, I am not sure what you have been talking about, but that's what I have been talking about.

This is the problem with discussions like these ... you've lost the thread, and we are talking past each other.

This entire part of the thread is about a G5 not being seeded 12th (meaning a better seed). That's what we have been discussing. Maybe not you, but that's what this part of the thread is about, and that's what I have been discussing.

So, there are 2 ways to not be seeded 12th. They are ranked 11th or better (seeded somewhere 5-11), or they are the highest ranked G5 champ that is ranked higher than at least 1 P5 champ (seeded somewhere 1-4). That's it. It's the only way a G5 won't be seeded 12th. You said that was going to happen 20% of the time. I don't think it will. I think almost always the G5 champ will be ranked lower than the four P4 champs, and will almost always be ranked 12th or higher. Hence my use of the 99% of the time they will be seeded 12th.

So, I am not sure what you have been talking about, but that's what I have been talking about.
i dont remember ever saying 20% or any %

and yet in 2022 Kansas state lost to Tulane and Kansas state won the Big XII
Utah in 2021 losing to BYU and San Diego State and winning the Pac
And yet the SEC and B1G are taking two and four teams respectively that lost conference races to those K-State and Utah teams you referenced. Hmmm…..

And yet the SEC and B1G are taking two and four teams respectively that lost conference races to those K-State and Utah teams you referenced. Hmmm…..
not sure what your point is. i was saying the G5s aren't necessarily as far behind as some presume.

Big enough checks will get ‘em.
They can earn the same amount playing Miss State, NC State, Wake, Kansas State, etc.

Teams that will have a shot at the playoff like USF, Boise and soon to be Big 12 teams won’t be as eager to play Bama, Georgia, tOSU and such.

Risk will not equal reward unless they get a home and home then ticket sales will enter the picture.

I’m still kind of shocked Bama played USF away last year.

not sure what your point is. i was saying the G5s aren't necessarily as far behind as some presume.
…and those left behind in the lower tier P2 aren’t far behind those six that were taken by the P2s. K-State and Utah are every bit as good as Miss State and Illinois and were better than Texas, Oklahoma, USC, UCLA, Oregon and Washington in those years you referenced.

They can earn the same amount playing Miss State, NC State, Wake, Kansas State, etc.

Teams that will have a shot at the playoff like USF, Boise and soon to be Big 12 teams won’t be as eager to play Bama, Georgia, tOSU and such.

Risk will not equal reward unless they get a home and home then ticket sales will enter the picture.

I’m still kind of shocked Bama played USF away last year.
I don’t have the numbers but I can’t imagine K-State having the ability to pay as much to have a G5 come in as Texas can pay. Maybe K-State has more money than I think they do.

I don’t have the numbers but I can’t imagine K-State having the ability to pay as much to have a G5 come in as Texas can pay. Maybe K-State has more money than I think they do.
The going rate is somewhere between 400K and 2mm unless someone is desperate and then the number can get way jacked up like if there is a schedule change.

TCU
SMU
Navy
Marshall
Troy
Memphis
Temple
Fresno
Washington
Ole Miss
Be more specific. You realize this is what it would be had there been the CFP-12 since 2014. I am not disagreeing with you, just want to know how it's wrong.

What is the blank at 8? Just no one would have been 8?