2020 season thread

Harvick ran good for quite a while but with around 70 to go he has an ill handling car and has dropped to 19th.
Something was probably knocked loose when he hit the wall and it gave way.

Kyle Busch gets his first win of the year keeping the streak alive.

Would have liked to see what Harvick could have done with an undamaged car. Got fucked by a wet track on Sunday, but it would take a disaster to miss the final 4, and if this were the real points system, he'd have already pretty well clinched his 4th title.

But I can't express enough how much I hate the low horsepower, high downforce package. Thank God for a short track and road course dominated schedule next year. I've never been a huge 1.5 mile track fan, but this package has ruined them. At least Charlotte and Kansas used to be good races.

Would have liked to see what Harvick could have done with an undamaged car. Got fucked by a wet track on Sunday, but it would take a disaster to miss the final 4, and if this were the real points system, he'd have already pretty well clinched his 4th title.
Well Phoenix being the final race. He has to be odds on favorite. He has owned that track in recent years. With Denny having a punchers chance. (if he makes the final four)
Would have gotten real interesting if Truex would have won. Points would have gotten real tight then.

Thing is. Truex, Chase & Brad could win Martinsville & change this whole make up again. You definitely want to be in the top 2 in points just in case!

Never been a fan of Kyle Busch's but congrats on keeping the streak alive!

At this point, I'm ready for someone to build a 3 mile oval. Like Tiburon from the Thunder games, but for real.

Tiburon Superspeedway - YouTube

At this point, I'm ready for someone to build a 3 mile oval. Like Tiburon from the Thunder games, but for real.

Tiburon Superspeedway - YouTube
that would just be a waste of asphalt.

BJ McLeod bought Go Fas Racing’s charter for next season and Go Fas will scale back to part time in the Cup Series.

That sucks. The 32 has been slowly improving over the last decade. Went from near start and park status to mid pack status, and now the replacement team will likely serve as back of the pack field filler status. BJ McLeod owns that 78 car that has ran a few races this year, I’m assuming that will move to full time operation next season

Austin Hill's engine died and with it, his Final 4 hopes.

Johnny Sauter continues to make friends, but wound up suffering a dead tire for it.

Just under 30 laps to go at Martinsville for the Truck race.

If there ain't a fight at the end of this thing, I'll be surprised.

Grant Enfinger wins at Martinsville.

Truck Final 4
Sheldon Creed
Brett Moffitt
Grant Enfinger
Zane Smith

Matt Crafton misses out by 3 points.

Sauter had every right to be pissed last night. Fuck KBM, but Ben Rhodes is kind of asking for it.

Had his season not been on the line, I doubt Enfinger would have been so aggressive, but his season was on the line, and he did what he had to do, congrats.

Harrison Burton wins at Martinsville.

Sportsman Final 4
Chase Briscoe
Austin Cindric
Justin Allgaier
Justin Haley

Chase Elliott wins at Martinsville.

Cup Final 4
Joey Logano
Chase Elliott
Brad Keselowski
Denny Hamlin

Kevin Harvick wrecks on the last lap and misses out.

NASCAR loves them some Chase Elliott.

It's already Harvick's championship as far as I'm concerned, but Hamlin, Keselowski, Elliott and Logano are your final 4.