2020 season thread

He has over 40 Cup wins and is racing against guys just trying to even make it to the Cup Series, and he has a responsibility to not tear up any drivers racing for points. He can't be the one not in control of his car. It was less than 10 to go for Reddick and he had to win to make the playoffs. Truex makes that pass, he advances to the next round. Hamlin had nothing to gain, all he did was tear up one of Kaulig Racing's cars

I understand your point. My point is both Reddick and Truex made their moves too early to be that out of shape.

I understand your point. My point is both Reddick and Truex made their moves too early to be that out of shape.
Reddick had nothing to lose, he needed to win, less than 10 to go, made an aggressive move that didn't work out. Truex wasn't out of shape, he misjudged and thought he was clear when he wasn't.

Hamlin tore up another car in a series that has no effect on him whatsoever. Hamlin's was by far the most egregious.

Reddick had nothing to lose, he needed to win, less than 10 to go, made an aggressive move that didn't work out. Truex wasn't out of shape, he misjudged and thought he was clear when he wasn't.

Hamlin tore up another car in a series that has no effect on him whatsoever. Hamlin's was by far the most egregious.

Difference of opinion on this one Chewy. :beer2:

Jimmie Johnson signed a two year deal with Ganassi for an Indy ride

Not much to talk about from last night. Zero cautions for cause, and Brad K had the best car and he won the race. Another top 5 for Austin Dillon.

4 races at Richmond. All 4 were basically snooze fest, with I believe only 3 cautions for cause between them all.

This is rather interesting

It needs to happen. Auto club is basically just a copy of Michigan. A short track would be a better way to get more fans in SoCal. Sonoma usually does pretty well attendance wise, so the road course in NoCal and short track in SoCal will be a good combo.

It’ll make the early season west coast swing more interesting

It needs to happen. Auto club is basically just a copy of Michigan. A short track would be a better way to get more fans in SoCal. Sonoma usually does pretty well attendance wise, so the road course in NoCal and short track in SoCal will be a good combo.

It’ll make the early season west coast swing more interesting

The track has gotten pretty decent as the pavement has worn down (finally) so there's actually multiple grooves. But its also a catch-22 because its also worn down to the point where it needs to be repaved and when its repaved, it'll be back to being its boring ass self where it was basically unwatchable.

Chastain has to have the record for most second place finishes without a win in a season for the Busch Series. I bet on Moffitt on Thursday. He dominated the race, but finished second. I bet on Chastain last night, he dominated the second half of the race and finished second.

I bet on Hamlin tonight(If he's gonna win, might as well cash in), let's see if I can get the weekend second place sweep. Jeb Burton is the only thing that kept me from going 4 for 4 last weekend.

I've bet on more winners this year than I ever have before(I've also never bet on truck and Busch races before this year), but the guy I bet on finishes second at an alarming rate.

Whatever package they're running a Bristol needs to stay, the racing at Bristol this year is the best it has been in years.

Harvick drove the fucking wheels off that car holding off a faster Kyle Busch, who is look for his first win. Love him or hate him, you have to give him props for that driving job.

Career win number 58.

That was a great battle the last 50 or so laps. If Harvick doesn’t finish the deal and win the Championship this season I’m gonna be so disappointed

That was a great battle the last 50 or so laps. If Harvick doesn’t finish the deal and win the Championship this season I’m gonna be so disappointed
I won’t be. I still think the old Winston Cup points system carries more weight. They’d be engraving his 4th championship trophy under the old system.

The standard Chase was tolerable, but I hate the playoffs. Harvick has dominated this season, but if he blows a tire at Phoenix, it won’t even matter. Hamlin has had a great season too, but he’s like Mark Martin that year where Jeff Gordon won damn near every race

And last year would be the best championship battle of all time had there been no playoffs and still on the Winston Cup points system.

Kyle Busch would have won the championship by 1 point over Kevin Harvick and Joey Logano, Truex and Hamlin would have all been within 40 points.

92 wouldn’t have had shit on that. They try to recreate the 92 championship battle with the playoffs when it would have happened naturally if they had just left well enough alone.

They need to let things happen naturally. Blowouts happen from time to time in every sport, but a driver that dominates a season shouldn’t lose out on the championship because of a bad race at the end of the season

Ross Chastain to the 42 in 2021. I wonder where Bubba Wallace is goin

NASCAR going to Circuit of the Americas

Dropping one of the Texas races (its getting the All Star race instead)

NASCAR going to Circuit of the Americas

Dropping one of the Texas races (its getting the All Star race instead)

NASCAR seems to be going for more road courses and short tracks. I’m not complaining