2021 season thread

My bad, I should have put that in my post. But that was my point. With them using the truck race as a chance to get the feel, will they still want to even go out and run it now that it’s after the cup race?
The truck series still writes checks(though not near as big) and gives out trophies, and I'm sure there sponsorship requirements too. I bet they still run.

I'm in the minority, but I think the lower divisions were more fun when Cup regulars didn't have a limited number of races in the lower divisions they could run. You could get a better gauge at a driver's talent when they were running against Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Brad Keselowski, every companion race.

If they get the Cup race in today, Kyle Larson and Christopher Bell will be the favorites, but Austin Dillon is a far better dirt racer(and racer in general) than he gets credit for. I bet on him because he pays more than Larson and Bell.

It’s already postponed till tomorrow at 4pm ET

Daniel Suarez running up and taking the lead. If that team gets a win before Denny Hamlin and Michael Jordan's team, it'll be hilarious. But nobody will care that a Latino driver won. Nobody cared when Aric Almirola won.

What a lot of bark with no bite from Denny Hamlin. Everyone knew you'd have to move Logano to win, he jumps to the high side and loses second to Wrecky Spinhouse.

The first time doing something is always gonna have issues, but it turned out to be a decent race, I expect next year's to be better.

The wreck that took out Bell and Larson turned this race on its head IMO. Those were the two clear favorites prerace.

What a lot of bark with no bite from Denny Hamlin. Everyone knew you'd have to move Logano to win, he jumps to the high side and loses second to Wrecky Spinhouse.

The first time doing something is always gonna have issues, but it turned out to be a decent race, I expect next year's to be better.

The wreck that took out Bell and Larson turned this race on its head IMO. Those were the two clear favorites prerace.
next year. They have to run it at night.
Silly running it in the middle of the day.

Agreed. Though, in a perfect world, they'd just run Eldorra or Knoxville and let Bristol have two races.
that would be better. All I am saying is all the dirt races should be at night , not the middle of the day.

that would be better. All I am saying is all the dirt races should be at night , not the middle of the day.
You won't get an argument from me. Really, I don't know why they didn't just make it a night race today. Weather forecast is clear, and I wouldn't have had to have missed the entire first stage.

They’re gonna be testing rain tires at Martinsville. I could see them working at flat tracks like Martinsville and New Hampshire, I just don’t realistically see a compound that’ll work ok high banked tracks anytime soon

The truck series still writes checks(though not near as big) and gives out trophies, and I'm sure there sponsorship requirements too. I bet they still run.

I'm in the minority, but I think the lower divisions were more fun when Cup regulars didn't have a limited number of races in the lower divisions they could run. You could get a better gauge at a driver's talent when they were running against Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Brad Keselowski, every companion race.
I agree with you about the lower divisions but I hate to see a Cup star run only at the higher payout races for those divisions. For some reason that level of assholeishness just grates on me. I have no issues if that same star were to run several lower division races but just to cherry pick the money races ...

I agree with you about the lower divisions but I hate to see a Cup star run only at the higher payout races for those divisions. For some reason that level of assholeishness just grates on me. I have no issues if that same star were to run several lower division races but just to cherry pick the money races ...
It could be argued that limiting the number of races a Cup regular run in the lower divisions has hurt them. Penske used to run 2 full time Busch teams, with a third part time team, one for an up and comer and the others for Keselowski/Logano. Childress used to have 3 teams with the same plan, both are down to single car operations, and Roush pulled out of the Busch series all together

But I agree, the Cup drivers should either run the majority of Busch races, or at tracks they feel they need to improve at or not dip down at all, but the rules now make it so it’s more likely to have the Cup drivers that do dip down only run the money races. Harvick is running Busch races for the first time in years, but I like that he’s doing it at road courses he’s never ran before instead of the Bristol night race and Daytona.

I also feel that young Cup drivers could really benefit from running more Busch races. When Kevin Harvick first came up with Childress, he was still running pretty much every Busch race he could, and I think it really helped him. I think Tyler Reddick could benefit from doing the same

Last edited:
It could be argued that limiting the number of races a Cup regular run in the lower divisions has hurt them. Penske used to run 2 full time Busch teams, with a third part time team, one for an up and comer and the others for Keselowski/Logano. Childress used to have 3 teams with the same plan, both are down to single car operations, and Roush pulled out of the Busch series all together
I agree. Jimmy Spencer never was the same after he was limited in non Cup races. Him and Mark Martin would race Vespas if they had free time and that was all that was available. I don't mind a minimum limit on lower classes, just an upper one.

Looks like it's gonna be a washout in Martinsville tonight.

Martinsville needs to be a Sunday afternoon race anyways.

Damn, even the field fillers are brawling in the Busch Series. Would love to have a video of the start of this one. I've heard the names, but I can't tell you which one is which.

I don’t understand the cautions this year. Car blows a tire at a mile and a half and puts debris all over the track, no caution. At Martinsville, a field filler spins out, hits nothing and gets back going quickly, yellow flag