2021 season thread

Gonna be a weird race. Harvick and all the Gibbs guys struggling and Roush has the fastest cars on the track, and we haven’t been able to say that since Carl Edwards, Matt Kenseth and Greg Biffle were on the roster

Good run for William Byron. Getting a first non restrictor plate win is a big deal.

Good run for Reddick too. 10 more laps, I think he catches Byron. Cut the lead down from 13 to under 4 pretty damn quick.

Weird season so far. None of the big boys with a win yet
A lot of the top usual suspects aren’t running well. Penske lacks long run speed. Kyle Busch is still lacking speed, and Chase Elliott has been unlucky. Harvick and McDowell are the only drivers with a top 10 in every race, but even Harvick hasn’t been a serious threat to win yet

Good run for William Byron. Getting a first non restrictor plate win is a big deal.

Good run for Reddick too. 10 more laps, I think he catches Byron. Cut the lead down from 13 to under 4 pretty damn quick.

A lot of the top usual suspects aren’t running well. Penske lacks long run speed. Kyle Busch is still lacking speed, and Chase Elliott has been unlucky. Harvick and McDowell are the only drivers with a top 10 in every race, but even Harvick hasn’t been a serious threat to win yet

Reddick got DQed. Which puts Hamlin in the top ten.

I did find it interesting that my wife fell asleep during the cup races both of the last two weeks, but was cussing different drivers during the Busch races both weeks. Cindrec last week and Gregson this week.

I am proud of NASCAR though. Wasn’t too long ago that they would have threw a BS caution in that spot to bunch the field up. They don’t have a hair trigger on the yellow flag like they used to. Hell, the only real accident of the race where Almirola squeezed Blaney into the wall, they didn’t throw the yellow until debris fell off one of the cars

Matt Dibenedetto is 34th in points. Hey started all 3 races. He’s behind Joey Gase who has started one race and it was in one of the Rick Ware Racing’s cars.

14 points through 3 races that pays out points for stages. Terrible start for his prove it season. He better pick up the pace or he’s gonna either go back to racing for field filler teams or drop down to the Busch series when Austin Cindric takes that 21 ride next season

Homestead had the highest viewership for the track in 4 years

The mayor of Nashville has pledged to renovate the Nashville Fairgrounds track to host future NASCAR events. It’ll likely be for the Busch, Trucks and regionally touring series given that the Cup Series is running its first ever race at the Nashville super speedway this year.

But with NASCAR heading for a more short track and road course heavy schedule, you never know. My grandpa says the old Nashville Fairgrounds track is the favorite track he’s ever been to. He was there when Darrell Waltrip won his first race

Dominating performance for Kyle Larson. Woke crowd won't like this one.

But I think Hendrick might be back to being the top team. 2 wins already on the season and Chase Elliott doesn't have either of them

For the 4th week in a row, the Cup race was the highest rated sporting event of the weekend(NBA All Star Game got slightly more viewers, but a lower rating, not sure how that works)

Rating pretty well identical to last year’s 4th race of the season

If the Busch race was any indicator, that traction compound is gonna cause a lot of spins today.

If Ryan Newman wins, I get a nice payday today. He’s been running good this year and this wouldn’t be the first time Phoenix was a slump busting win for Newman.

If Harvick wins I get a small payday, but slightly more than I got for Cindric winning yesterday