2022 Summer Transfer news and rumors

I think that's been sent around as the most likely destination for Mane
Bayern being cheap. Offered 20 million and Liverpool starting at 40 million. Bayern offering Lewandowski for 40 million to Barca but they are still broke and he only wants Barca and want him for 20 mil. Frenkie De Jong is going to have to be moved to get Lewandowski.

Rumor Bayern was trying to get Kane today lol. No chance that is happening. Bayern will complete the Gravenberch signing tomorrow. Right back fixed and now midfield strengthened.

Bayern being cheap. Offered 20 million and Liverpool starting at 40 million. Bayern offering Lewandowski for 40 million to Barca but they are still broke and he only wants Barca and want him for 20 mil. Frenkie De Jong is going to have to be moved to get Lewandowski.

Rumor Bayern was trying to get Kane today lol. No chance that is happening. Bayern will complete the Gravenberch signing tomorrow. Right back fixed and now midfield strengthened.

:LOL:

City offered 80 or 90M pounds last summer and Levy told them to kick rocks...and that was when he wanted to leave and we had Nuno as manager.
Kane is now much more likely to sign a new contract than to leave. If I had to guess, probably a short term one so he can go elsewhere if/when Conte leaves.

:LOL:

City offered 80 or 90M pounds last summer and Levy told them to kick rocks...and that was when he wanted to leave and we had Nuno as manager.
Kane is now much more likely to sign a new contract than to leave. If I had to guess, probably a short term one so he can go elsewhere if/when Conte leaves.
He is playing UCL next year too so it is safe to say he is happy now. You see Kulusevski was high on the value list.

He is playing UCL next year too so it is safe to say he is happy now. You see Kulusevski was high on the value list.

Yeah i saw that. Guy was an absolute steal for us. Funny thing is after his first 10 min on the pitch, our own fans were crying about how slow he was and how he was too 1-footed. Fans will be fans.

Looks like PSG pursuing Zidane and Poch out. I guess he will #1 on the list for any big team that falters early.....or Newcastle? Newcastle was looking at Morinho but he is staying at Roma. If Eddie Howe starts slow Poch comes in at Newcastle. Heard it here first.

Does this mean Mane will eventually go to Bayern? So far Liverpool not budging on Bayern offer.

It is official. Nunez going to Liverpool. 100 million. Counters the Man City signing of Haaland somewhat especially if Haaland gets injured again. These things have ripple affects and hopefully Mane to Bayern is one. City looks like they will lose Silva, Jesus, and maybe Sterling.

Rudiger to Real last week. Chelsea trying to offload Lukaku to Inter for 23 to 25 million too. Christensen gone.

One wonders what are the odds that Chelsea finish outside the Top 4 next season? That roster looks iffy to me and they underachieved badly in the 2nd half. Will that young overachieving Arsenal team, maybe with Jesus added and few others get into Top 4 next season? Also, Newcastle might make a run next year. They played Top 4 football in second half. See if they can make some more transfers.

Looks like PSG pursuing Zidane and Poch out. I guess he will #1 on the list for any big team that falters early.....or Newcastle? Newcastle was looking at Morinho but he is staying at Roma. If Eddie Howe starts slow Poch comes in at Newcastle. Heard it here first.
Howe earned himself some rope with what he was able to do last season, but you're right. No doubt Newcastle will look towards Poch if they begin to falter at all. Mourinho with that club would be disastrous IMO.

Rudiger to Real last week. Chelsea trying to offload Lukaku to Inter for 23 to 25 million too. Christensen gone.

One wonders what are the odds that Chelsea finish outside the Top 4 next season? That roster looks iffy to me and they underachieved badly in the 2nd half. Will that young overachieving Arsenal team, maybe with Jesus added and few others get into Top 4 next season? Also, Newcastle might make a run next year. They played Top 4 football in second half. See if they can make some more transfers.

One can only hope. Their financial state is the most curious. Gotta imagine the new ownership group will spend money to keep the club strong. But, they're American. This isn't a vanity project like it was with Abramovic, they will want to turn a profit.

Newcastle should be strong contenders for top 6 next season. Arsenal will be there and so will West Ham. Hard to imagine Leicester having a worse year, and ManU had their worst year ever in the premiership...can't imagine that will happen again. Top 4 (and soon to be top 5 if the UCL rules go into effect) will be a dogfight again.

Question, anyone else get the feeling that with all they hype, Haaling is going to flop at City?

Question, anyone else get the feeling that with all they hype, Haaling is going to flop at City?

IMO, only hope the rest of the league has is that maybe he doesn't fit well with their system or he has to miss a number of games due to taking knocks. But he is a beast, they are a machine, and Pep is world class...so I have my doubts.

I don't think so unless he gets hurt. He is running roughshod through Nations League right now with Norway, especially over Sweden.

IMO, only hope the rest of the league has is that maybe he doesn't fit well with their system or he has to miss a number of games due to taking knocks. But he is a beast, they are a machine, and Pep is world class...so I have my doubts.
Also, how much will City give up? Silva, Jesus, Sterling? I hear Kalvin Philips may be coming over to City. So far I don't see what all the hype is with Philips though.

Howe earned himself some rope with what he was able to do last season, but you're right. No doubt Newcastle will look towards Poch if they begin to falter at all. Mourinho with that club would be disastrous IMO.

One can only hope. Their financial state is the most curious. Gotta imagine the new ownership group will spend money to keep the club strong. But, they're American. This isn't a vanity project like it was with Abramovic, they will want to turn a profit.

Newcastle should be strong contenders for top 6 next season. Arsenal will be there and so will West Ham. Hard to imagine Leicester having a worse year, and ManU had their worst year ever in the premiership...can't imagine that will happen again. Top 4 (and soon to be top 5 if the UCL rules go into effect) will be a dogfight again.
Top 5 in UCL in the new rules? Does that apply to other leagues like the Bundesliga too? I will have to read the rules.

Also, how much will City give up? Silva, Jesus, Sterling? I hear Kalvin Philips may be coming over to City. So far I don't see what all the hype is with Philips though.
He's a guy i was secretly hoping Spurs would make a push for to complete our midfield.

Top 5 in UCL in the new rules? Does that apply to other leagues like the Bundesliga too? I will have to read the rules.

Yeah, its moving to a Swiss model based on country coefficient from the previous season. So, if it were in effect now, EPL would get an extra spot and so would the Dutch league. The initial plot to award the extra spots to clubs with historical success was rejected and replaced by league success. The big leagues still wanted to refine it by making the coefficient a 5-year average, which would mean EPL and La Liga this year instead of the Dutch extra spot.

Rudiger > Christensen Kessie < Tchouameni
We'll see how Rudiger is. I am German. Have you watched him with the German National Team? Not the greatest at times. Christensen left Chelsea 3 days ago. Barcelona his destination...maybe.

Finally. Midfield and right back beefed up.

He's a guy i was secretly hoping Spurs would make a push for to complete our midfield.

Yeah, its moving to a Swiss model based on country coefficient from the previous season. So, if it were in effect now, EPL would get an extra spot and so would the Dutch league. The initial plot to award the extra spots to clubs with historical success was rejected and replaced by league success. The big leagues still wanted to refine it by making the coefficient a 5-year average, which would mean EPL and La Liga this year instead of the Dutch extra spot.
I think City offering 60 million for Philips. Leeds took some junk off Bayern Munich at midfield. Maybe a Philips replacement. More cash to up the Mane bid?

I think City offering 60 million for Philips. Leeds took some junk off Bayern Munich at midfield. Maybe a Philips replacement. More cash to up the Mane bid?

Seems an awful lot to me. But english players always are overpriced. Then again, price doesn't matter at all to City.