2022 Summer Transfer news and rumors

Mbappe just made his first move as GM. Poch fired, replaced by Lille coach. Head scratcher. I thought Zidane would take the job. All those egos will be a problem imo for an inexperienced coach for a big club.

He's a guy i was secretly hoping Spurs would make a push for to complete our midfield.

Yeah, its moving to a Swiss model based on country coefficient from the previous season. So, if it were in effect now, EPL would get an extra spot and so would the Dutch league. The initial plot to award the extra spots to clubs with historical success was rejected and replaced by league success. The big leagues still wanted to refine it by making the coefficient a 5-year average, which would mean EPL and La Liga this year instead of the Dutch extra spot.
Speaking of Philips, I was reading about England yesterday and their biggest problem: no deep lying playmaker to break down defenses, ala a Modric, De Jong type, Veratti, etc. They talked about Philips and Rice were used and are safety first midfielders (ala Tyler Adams for the USA?). One safety first midfielder fine, but two on the field? Maybe that is why when I see Philips and my opinion where is the there there, this is the reason. He is not a game changer type of midfielder and as per England recent performances (1 in play goal in 600+ minutes) for proof, he is not worth 60 million in fees.

Does this mean Mane will eventually go to Bayern? So far Liverpool not budging on Bayern offer.

Mane signs with Bayern. That means Gnabry probably will be sold now.

There it is, as we expected.

That's a decent price for Mane too.
Chelsea and PSG are trying to make a run at Lewandowski now since Barca still has financial issues. Lewey will go somewhere and probably Gnabry. Gnabry already turned down 19 million a year (knucklehead). But Bayern is notoriously stubborn with players who want out before their contracts expire. Possibly next season they could still line up Mane, Lewandowski, Coman, Muller, Gnabry, Sane up front. Lethal!!!

Spurs made the Yves Bissouma transfer official. Huge pickup, really completes their midfield. They now have 4 they can switch in and out with zero dropoff.

If I'm going off a Spurs wishlist, the remaining positions they need to address in the summer are: RWB, Left sided CB, forward attacking player (preferably a striker, but a multi-use winger would work too).

Spurs made the Yves Bissouma transfer official. Huge pickup, really completes their midfield. They now have 4 they can switch in and out with zero dropoff.

If I'm going off a Spurs wishlist, the remaining positions they need to address in the summer are: RWB, Left sided CB, forward attacking player (preferably a striker, but a multi-use winger would work too).
Another nice pickup there. I see Sterling wants out and wants to go to Chelsea. Man City problem is they may have too many star players and then playing time becomes the issue, e.g. Jesus and Sterling and maybe Gundogan.

Another nice pickup there. I see Sterling wants out and wants to go to Chelsea. Man City problem is they may have too many star players and then playing time becomes the issue, e.g. Jesus and Sterling and maybe Gundogan.

Premier league (especially city) has some problems they created for themselves. If players want out, their valuations are often so high that only other top 6 premier league sides can afford them...and even then, they probably aren't guaranteed to start every game. And that's before even considering their wage demands.

Both Sterling and Jesus would find a ton of playing time at Spurs, but I can't say they would start ahead of Kulusevski regularly...and neither would replace Son or Kane.

Arsenal is the only top 6 club i can think of where they would slot right in, but the gooners aren't in champions league.

Premier league (especially city) has some problems they created for themselves. If players want out, their valuations are often so high that only other top 6 premier league sides can afford them...and even then, they probably aren't guaranteed to start every game. And that's before even considering their wage demands.

Both Sterling and Jesus would find a ton of playing time at Spurs, but I can't say they would start ahead of Kulusevski regularly...and neither would replace Son or Kane.

Arsenal is the only top 6 club i can think of where they would slot right in, but the gooners aren't in champions league.
Jesus probably going to Arsenal though

No Haaland anymore but another nice move for Dortmund. Sule, Schlotterbeck, Adeyemi, Haller, and hopefully a heathly Reyna they might be better next year even without Haaland.

No Haaland anymore but another nice move for Dortmund. Sule, Schlotterbeck, Adeyemi, Haller, and hopefully a heathly Reyna they might be better next year even without Haaland.

It's unfortunate that Dortmund has become a stepping stone club, but their talent development and acquisition has been pretty top notch over the years. They keep churning out quality sides and players.

Harry Winks reportedly heading to Everton. Would not at all be surprised if this was a package deal with Richarlison coming back Spurs way for a knocked down price.

It's unfortunate that Dortmund has become a stepping stone club, but their talent development and acquisition has been pretty top notch over the years. They keep churning out quality sides and players.
Looks like Bellingham will stay this year but next summer off to Liverpool.

Harry Winks reportedly heading to Everton. Would not at all be surprised if this was a package deal with Richarlison coming back Spurs way for a knocked down price.
It was mentioned on ESPN today Spurs interested in Richarlison.

It was mentioned on ESPN today Spurs interested in Richarlison.

Yeah, they've been linked to him a few times already this window. Hard to read much into it though since Spurs have been linked to just about every player under the sun.

They will try to sign a forward player somewhere. Richarlison makes sense.

Yeah, they've been linked to him a few times already this window. Hard to read much into it though since Spurs have been linked to just about every player under the sun.

They will try to sign a forward player somewhere. Richarlison makes sense.
He pretty much saved Everton from relegation on his own at the end.

Speaking of Philips, I was reading about England yesterday and their biggest problem: no deep lying playmaker to break down defenses, ala a Modric, De Jong type, Veratti, etc. They talked about Philips and Rice were used and are safety first midfielders (ala Tyler Adams for the USA?). One safety first midfielder fine, but two on the field? Maybe that is why when I see Philips and my opinion where is the there there, this is the reason. He is not a game changer type of midfielder and as per England recent performances (1 in play goal in 600+ minutes) for proof, he is not worth 60 million in fees.
It is official. Philips to City. 42 million. A little pricey for a conervative midfielder.

Here is an interesting one. De Ligt has a bloated release claus but Werner and $45 million for De Ligt? I am not so high De Ligt. I think he is kind of slow. Werner should go back to Bundesliga. Only happy person could be Pulisic. Open up room for him.