Nebraska Cornhuskers 2023 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

He was rated as a 92 and now is a 96 on On3... Rivals and 247Sports will release their final rankings after the poly bowl.

not that i really care..but curious if that moves him to 5*

Have to be a Top 32 recruit to be a 5-Star on On3 and 247 - that said, his composite should jump a bit. A high 4-star for sure. It will be interesting to see if 247 bumps him up any more. They were already high on him and really liked what he showed at the all-america practices. I'm still not sure he'd be a 5-star, but could end up being a 97 on there (which is one point away from 5-star status).

Good work as always nut.

BIIIIIG Visit Weekend.... here's what I know so far - and I'm going to give you a percentage chance of landing certain players as well. Nebraska is clearly not done with their 2023 class. Three spots left in the HS class and they have 3 uncommitted prospects visiting this weekend. There's also a number of 2024 guys visiting this weekend as well. So who's on campus? Here you go:

2023 Class
Demitrius Bell (3-Star, ATH) [Nashville, TN]
- Bell was supposed to visit in October but never got the chance so he is not unfamiliar with Nebraska. Bell is a WR but could also be a DB. Nebraska is in the poll position here with Kentucky and Purdue filling out the rest. There's some talk of Alabama but I do not believe it is an offer he can commit to at this time, will be interesting to see if he visits anywhere NEXT weekend. Chances of being N? I'm going to give this one a 60% chance. Nebraska likes him, he hit it off with Rhule and they love his versatility.

Sua Lefotu (3-Star, DT) [Bellflower, CA] - Another intriguing offer because Sua didn't start for his own high school team this year. That said, it is literally the best HS program in the country in St. John Bosco and he still played quite a bit and played well. Sua has other P5 offers and reportedly almost committed to ASU before deciding to wait till Feb to sign. His most recent offers (aside form Nebraska) are from Tennessee and Arizona State. Nebraska is his only OV scheduled at the moment. Chances of being N? I'm going to give this one an 80% chance. I don't think he has other options and Nebraska needs to build depth up front.

Ismael Smith-Flores (3-Star, TE) [Arlington, TX] - Flores is an Iowa legacy but Iowa seems to be lagging in. He's also connected to Bob Wager as his former HS coach. Nebraska sees him as a flex-out TE. He visited Rutgers already (where he has family), and Iowa is still on the radar. Also, recently received a Vandy offer. He's only played one year of HS ball so he's definitely moldable. Chances of being N? I'm going to give this one a 60% chance. I actually think Rutgers is the other team to watch here. But I feel reasonably confident that Nebraska is out in front.

Jason Maciejczak (3-Star, OL) [Pierre, SD] - Current Husker signee hadn't visited yet, not a midyear enrollee so can still use an OV.

Jeremiah Charles (NYR, WR) [Arlington, TX] - Another Wager guy, and another guy that has only played ball for one year. The difference here is that Charles as zero other offers. Not from lower schools or any schools. Nebraska is his only offer. An interesting decision but Wager must see something in him. In fact Charles doesn't even have a prospect page up on 247 yet as I type this, that's how far off the radar this one is. He's a teammate of Flores and played for Wager. Chances of being N? I'm giving this one a 90% chance. The only reason it's not 100 is because I'm not sure how much of a green light he has to commit right away. I think we only have 3 spots - he is now the 4th uncommitted target to visit. Maybe he's a backup to Bell?

Will update on 2024 names as I hear them. One I know for sure is Aeryn Hampton (4-Star, ATH) out of Texas. I'm also hearing some other rumors of some 2024 guys being in town. Possible a decent amount of in-state guys and possibly a fairly large out of state prospect as well.

Nobody is talking about Hood yet - but I have it on pretty good authority that Nebraska is more than in play here and a decision could be imminent.

But I'm sure I'll get ignored for it on Twitter again! haha

yep, i see it too, but i literally have like no followers.

All good guys! I do this for fun, not for retweets, though, those are fun sometimes! haha