Nebraska Cornhuskers 2023 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

Also - just FYI - I know I said this before but Hood was supposed to visit Ole Miss and maybe even another SEC school before making his decision. Instead, he stayed at Nebraska from Thursday through Sunday.

The least surprising commitment from the weekend is officially N

Rivals Top 250 hit this morning... some notes:

Malachi Coleman is now a Top 60 player as he rose 5 spots in the final Rivals 250 rankings. Still a 6.0 and not really all that close to a 5-star but he did move up.

Princewill Umanmielen dropped one spot from 234 to 235

Those are the only two Rivals 250 players committed to Nebraska at this point, as no one else made the jump into that grouping in the final go around.

Some players could still receive modest ratings bumps as the next two days Rivals will finish out their Offensive and Defensive rankings respectively. As of this writing Nebraska has five 4-Star players with the additions of Demitrius Bell early this afternoon.

LOL

FnSfFrEWQAA_eqf

I generally don't do a list of Walk-Ons until after the Feb. signing date... we'll have a few, but one of note is Trevor Ruth - a LB at UNK that is transferring to UNL to play fullback. One to keep an eye on for possible playing time next season,

Rivals is updating their offensive position rankings today... I will post here if there are any notable changes to Husker commits. Good or bad.

No big changes in the Rivals rankings - looks like Tristan Alvano went from a 2-star (5.4) to a 3-star (5.5) and Mason Goldman went from a low 3-star (5.5) to a mid-tier 3-Star (5.6). Other than that it seems either there was negligible change or no change in rankings for players on Rivals. They will still finish a few during state-rerankings so you could see an update again tomorrow but that's about it.

Still a chance for a little movement by Monday next week... JUCO rankings come out Saturday, Kai Wallin might be changed etc...

247Sports will be releasing their 32 5-stars this afternoon at 4pm CST on YouTube.

I think, of all the platforms, this is the one that Coleman COULD end up in the 5-star conversation. 247 has been higher on him than any other service throughout the process.

I generally don't do a list of Walk-Ons until after the Feb. signing date... we'll have a few, but one of note is Trevor Ruth - a LB at UNK that is transferring to UNL to play fullback. One to keep an eye on for possible playing time next season,

A relative of the Makovica brothers.

Top 247 is out, a bit surprised at the lack of movement from Malachi Coleman, all the accolades he stacked up in all-america games apparently didn't do much for his rating.