Nebraska Cornhuskers 2024 Recruiting Thread (Commit list in OP)

Here's the tweet... all the speculation that he wasn't coming to Nebraska earlier was wrong. Great job by Rhule. If Frost was still in town he would not be going to Nebraska.

Also, Nebraska is now has 8 of the top 10 players in the state coming to Nebraska. And Pyfrom is back on the board after decommitting from Illinois (though Missouri looks like his landing spot as of now).

Frost and Riley both failed miserably at keeping in-state talent home.

Riley offered Noah Fant to play Defensive End even though he played Tight End in high school. Iowa said "Come here son, you can play Tight End"
The rest is history.... 20th pick in the 1st round of the NFL draft as a Tight End.
Mike Riley (the offensive guru) couldn't recognize a Tight End star sitting right in front of him. Pathetic.

Kewan Lacy decommits from Nebraska today... the lone RB commit in the class... not sure where they look, I know they've been knocking on some doors just in case. Will be interesting to watch down the stretch.,

After losing 2 commits, Nebraska picks up one. Brix was also visiting this weekend... Not sure where that stands at the moment

Say we go 7-5 or 8-4, any chance Dylan Riola looks at what Rhule is doing and sees the immediate chance to start and flips again?

Lol I mean I'm still a little bitter, but I'd be lying if I said I'd turn him down.

Say we go 7-5 or 8-4, any chance Dylan Riola looks at what Rhule is doing and sees the immediate chance to start and flips again?

Lol I mean I'm still a little bitter, but I'd be lying if I said I'd turn him down.

No

Recruiting stalled a bit during the season but expect it to pick up again here soon. As such... Fong from 247Sports has logged a Crystal Ball prediction for Nebraska to land Grant Brix which would be a huge pick up up front for sure.

Nebraska is also set to host a few JUCO receivers and a RB this weekend as well.

Hoping we fire his uncle at the end of the year
i'll be honest, since Corcoron's been out, i haven't noticed the OL failing as much as playcalling and the QBs. Teddy still doesn't look like he's really gotten back from his injuries, but i definitely don't recall noticing Benhart as much. they can still get better, maybe learn to hold more, as Refs rarely call it unless blatant. No Holds that i remember on Wiscy (even though several obvious) and we only had 1 and i personally thought it was kinda weak, yea the guy ended on the ground but felt like Evans-Jenkins more pushed him there, as opposed to holding him.

i'll be honest, since Corcoron's been out, i haven't noticed the OL failing as much as playcalling and the QBs. Teddy still doesn't look like he's really gotten back from his injuries, but i definitely don't recall noticing Benhart as much. they can still get better, maybe learn to hold more, as Refs rarely call it unless blatant. No Holds that i remember on Wiscy (even though several obvious) and we only had 1 and i personally thought it was kinda weak, yea the guy ended on the ground but felt like Evans-Jenkins more pushed him there, as opposed to holding him.
Line play has improved. It may only be from terrible to mediocre, but there has been improvement. The injuries they had to deal with, if nothing else, provided valuable game time experience for some young pups.

First guy I'd send packing would be the special teams coach. ST's cost us games this year. Again.

Line play has improved. It may only be from terrible to mediocre, but there has been improvement. The injuries they had to deal with, if nothing else, provided valuable game time experience for some young pups.

First guy I'd send packing would be the special teams coach. ST's cost us games this year. Again.

Do you have a couple of examples?

I was under the opinion that special teams has improved greatly. Definitely on punt/kickoff coverage.

Do you have a couple of examples?

I was under the opinion that special teams has improved greatly. Definitely on punt/kickoff coverage.
Coverage has improved. Punting has declined. Returns are still terrible. Kicking could be better, but Alvano is a freshman so I'll give him a pass.

How is losing 4 straight to end the season, and no bowl for the 7th straight season going to affect recruiting?

Huskers pissed away too many opportunities.

How is losing 4 straight to end the season, and no bowl for the 7th straight season going to affect recruiting?

Huskers pissed away too many opportunities.
I'd try "Look how bad these guys suck. You can start here right away."

Eh, Rhule can tout what he's done at Temple and Baylor. Defenders will like the D. O players can see early playing time. Not sure it's that hard when expectations for year 1 were low.

Does this mean we are winning the off-season again? Maybe if we lose an off-season we'll win in season.

Back