2024 Recruiting Thread

I guess I don't understand why him going to Auburn would make him a massive headache? Maybe the kid wants to stay close to home? Going from Bama to Auburn shouldn't be all that surprising.
Going for NIL money over development shows me that your priorities aren't in order. Also, I never said he was a MASSIVE HEADACHE, you can dial back the hyperbole.

Going for NIL money over development shows me that your priorities aren't in order. Also, I never said he was a MASSIVE HEADACHE, you can dial back the hyperbole.

You assume he's going for NIL money(I'm sure he getting some just like everyone else). And yes, you did call him a massive headache. This kid committed to Bama before Freeze became the coach(Oct 2022). He visited Auburn 4 times since September. He's clearly been interested in them for a while. Its close to home, his dad went there, and Freeze has had success putting WR's in the pros.

You assume he's going for NIL money(I'm sure he getting some just like everyone else). And yes, you did call him a massive headache. This kid committed to Bama before Freeze became the coach(Oct 2022). He visited Auburn 4 times since September. He's clearly been interested in them for a while. Its close to home, his dad went there, and Freeze has had success putting WR's in the pros.
The all caps was a bit over the top. I assumed he was going for NIL before I knew his father played there. You didn't know that either, so don't act like you did. Freeze has a mediocre track record of success developing WRs, we can cut the act. Knowing his dad went there makes this all make some sense.

The all caps was a bit over the top. I assumed he was going for NIL before I knew his father played there. You didn't know that either, so don't act like you did. Freeze has a mediocre track record of success developing WRs, we can cut the act. Knowing his dad went there makes this all make some sense.

Yeah, I didn't know that about his dad, but there were obviously other factors involved, just outside of assuming he might go there because of NIL. Honestly, if he were to go anywhere else, your allegation would have more credence.

Yeah, I didn't know that about his dad, but there were obviously other factors involved, just outside of assuming he might go there because of NIL. Honestly, if he were to go anywhere else, your allegation would have more credence.
Alabama with Saban made tons of sense. Ohio State, USC, LSU, Washington, Oregon, North Carolina, and probably quite a few others would also make more sense than Auburn. Or, if he just wanted to go somewhere he could win, you could add a lot more schools. Auburn is a loser program that hasn't produced an NFL WR in lord knows how long, and if last year is any indication, it won't be doing it any time soon. That's the point here.

Alabama with Saban made tons of sense. Ohio State, USC, LSU, Washington, Oregon, North Carolina, and probably quite a few others would also make more sense than Auburn. Or, if he just wanted to go somewhere he could win, you could add a lot more schools. Auburn is a loser program that hasn't produced an NFL WR in lord knows how long, and if last year is any indication, it won't be doing it any time soon. That's the point here.

Yeah, that's why he was committed there until Saban left. But if he wants to stay close to home, Auburn is obviously the next logical choice. And yeah, while they are in a down turn at the moment, they've still had a bunch of success this century. Also, it should be worth noting, that when this kid committed, Harsin was the HC, his shitty recruiting is one of the reasons he got fired. Based on things it's always looked like an Alabama/Auburn battle.

Yeah, that's why he was committed there until Saban left. But if he wants to stay close to home, Auburn is obviously the next logical choice. And yeah, while they are in a down turn at the moment, they've still had a bunch of success this century. Also, it should be worth noting, that when this kid committed, Harsin was the HC, his shitty recruiting is one of the reasons he got fired. Based on things it's always looked like an Alabama/Auburn battle.
Auburn hasn't been good in 5 years and last year was a new low with that NMSU game. It makes sense since his dad was at Auburn, but otherwise the only reason I can see being a 5* WR and wanting to play at Auburn is NIL money. It's like a 5* QB going to Iowa because they put CJ Beathard and Nate Stanley in the NFL.

Auburn hasn't been good in 5 years and last year was a new low with that NMSU game. It makes sense since his dad was at Auburn, but otherwise the only reason I can see being a 5* WR and wanting to play at Auburn is NIL money. It's like a 5* QB going to Iowa because they put CJ Beathard and Nate Stanley in the NFL.

It's also close to home, which also seems to be important. It's also a new coaching staff, so they have something to sell to recruits. Like playing time early, being the group to turn it around etc...

You're acting as though Auburn hasn't recruited at a very good, to sometimes elite level this century. And the Iowa comparison isn't exactly a good one. They've gotten what like one 5* recruit in the recruiting site era? Auburn probably has 15-20x that many.

It's also close to home, which also seems to be important. It's also a new coaching staff, so they have something to sell to recruits. Like playing time early, being the group to turn it around etc...

You're acting as though Auburn hasn't recruited at a very good, to sometimes elite level this century. And the Iowa comparison isn't exactly a good one. They've gotten what like one 5* recruit in the recruiting site era? Auburn probably has 15-20x that many.
You're basically proving my point for me. Yeah, they have gotten a lot of high end recruits and haven't done jack shit with them, which is my entire point. What Auburn WR has ever developed into a good pro WR? The Iowa comparison was perfectly apt, it has nothing to do with their ability to bring in 5* recruits. It's about them having a shitty offense but they have technically put multiple QBs in the NFL under this staff. This kid has 3-4 years to get ready for the NFL, why do it with a program or coach that's never produced an elite WR?

You're basically proving my point for me. Yeah, they have gotten a lot of high end recruits and haven't done jack shit with them, which is my entire point. What Auburn WR has ever developed into a good pro WR? The Iowa comparison was perfectly apt, it has nothing to do with their ability to bring in 5* recruits. It's about them having a shitty offense but they have technically put multiple QBs in the NFL under this staff. This kid has 3-4 years to get ready for the NFL, why do it with a program or coach that's never produced an elite WR?

They haven't had a successful record because they've played a brutal schedule every year. But they have put 22 kids into the nfl in the last 5 years including 3 WR's(which is probably top 15), but that doesn't even matter because it's a whole new staff, and their first true recruiting class at Auburn. I get you want to downplay Freeze, but he's been successful everywhere he's been. I'm gonna guess they take a jump this year.

They haven't had a successful record because they've played a brutal schedule every year. But they have put 22 kids into the nfl in the last 5 years including 3 WR's(which is probably top 15), but that doesn't even matter because it's a whole new staff, and their first true recruiting class at Auburn. I get you want to downplay Freeze, but he's been successful everywhere he's been. I'm gonna guess they take a jump this year.
It's not that I want to do anything, it's just objectively true. Also no, the schedule has little to do with it - they haven't been successful because they've been garbage. They haven't won a bowl game since 2018 and that was against 6-6 Purdue. They've put out a 6th rounder, 5th rounder, and late 3rd rounder that was a massive reach by Cleveland who isn't even playing the right sport. That's not impressive. Without knowing about his dad, it is very fair to assume he was only going to Auburn for the NIL money because it sure as hell isn't because they, or Freeze, have a track record of successfully developing WRs, that's for sure.

It's not that I want to do anything, it's just objectively true. Also no, the schedule has little to do with it - they haven't been successful because they've been garbage. They haven't won a bowl game since 2018 and that was against 6-6 Purdue. They've put out a 6th rounder, 5th rounder, and late 3rd rounder that was a massive reach by Cleveland who isn't even playing the right sport. That's not impressive. Without knowing about his dad, it is very fair to assume he was only going to Auburn for the NIL money because it sure as hell isn't because they, or Freeze, have a track record of successfully developing WRs, that's for sure.

It's not though. It's close to home, he's visited Auburn a ton of times in the last 5 months, can get on the field early, and they have a whole new coaching staff. Will he get NIL, yes probably, because they all are. But he's obviously had a close relationship with the Auburn staff.

It's not though. It's close to home, he's visited Auburn a ton of times in the last 5 months, can get on the field early, and they have a whole new coaching staff. Will he get NIL, yes probably, because they all are. But he's obviously had a close relationship with the Auburn staff.
No, it was fair. His dad going there makes it make more sense, but otherwise it's hard to say he cares about development playing for them when he has so many far better options available. So what else is there? NIL money.

No, it was fair. His dad going there makes it make more sense, but otherwise it's hard to say he cares about development playing for them when he has so many far better options available. So what else is there? NIL money.

You keep overlooking he might just want to play close to home. He's obviously been visiting them a ton lately. Honestly, had Freeze been hired a year earlier he probably would have committed to Auburn given how early he committed to Bama. Saban and Bama had a years worth of a head start.

You keep overlooking he might just want to play close to home. He's obviously been visiting them a ton lately. Honestly, had Freeze been hired a year earlier he probably would have committed to Auburn given how early he committed to Bama. Saban and Bama had a years worth of a head start.
Ok

Well that's new information. Makes you wonder why he wasn't in on them from the start.

so the word is that his dad wants him at Auburn but was willing to let him go to Bama out of respect for Saban..

Now that Saban is gone, he wants him at Auburn, but it seems Ryan isn't all that thrilled with them.. so other schools (like UT) are coming in hoping to use the compromise angle, into getting him.

But it's gonna cost because he's wanting his $$$$$$

so the word is that his dad wants him at Auburn but was willing to let him go to Bama out of respect for Saban..

Now that Saban is gone, he wants him at Auburn, but it seems Ryan isn't all that thrilled with them.. so other schools (like UT) are coming in hoping to use the compromise angle, into getting him.

But it's gonna cost because he's wanting his $$$$$$
Your best bet is to go all in on Bond. But all the money in the world won't replace Xavier Worthy, Adonai Mitchell, Jonathon Brooks, Ja’Tavion Sanders, and Jordan Whittington anytime soon.

Your best bet is to go all in on Bond. But all the money in the world won't replace Xavier Worthy, Adonai Mitchell, Jonathon Brooks, Ja’Tavion Sanders, and Jordan Whittington anytime soon.
Bond is already set.. He's in Austin and will be enrolling this week. An announcement should be coming any time now over the next 2 days.

As far as the room, they also got Golden from UH who is pretty good.

They are excited about Cook, Moore, Niblett.. but do think Wingo is special.. and could have the same impact Worthy had his freshman season.

They want Ryan Williams cause he's that good, but it's still a long shot.

Sanders is a hit but Helm did well in his place last season when JT got hurt. I do think they need to grab another TE for depth purposes but Helm is pretty solid. I love JWhitt.. but I can't lie.. Cook should have seen more time than him last season.. but I'm not upset about it cause he blocked his ass off and he deserved to be out there for all he's been through.

Texas WR room is going to be fine IMO.

This sucks.. i really liked this kid but with Bo leaving to LSU.. he probably wants to stick closer to home in FL