AL East Talk

Bogaerts has opted out. Not surprising, but man it sucks.

Does anyone see the Rays, Orioles or Jays competing anytime soon with the Yankees and Sox? I don't.

Does anyone see the Rays, Orioles or Jays competing anytime soon with the Yankees and Sox? I don't.

I'm a Red Sox fan and I'm not sure I even see us competing with the Rays, Jays or even Orioles this year, let alone the Yankees. The lineup looks pretty blah (especially now that Story will be out for a good chunk of the season), and the rotation is depending a lot on the health of Sale/Kluber/Paxton. And even if those things go well, I don't think they're going to do much better than maybe 86-76. I do like the positional prospects the Sox have in the minors (Mayer/Casas/Yorke/Rafaela/Bleis), but most of their top prospects save for Casas/Rafaela are a few years away.

I think the Jays have a very realistic shot at winning the East this year. They should continue to score runs, they should be an excellent defensive team, and they look to have one of the better rotations in MLB (especially if Berrios bounces back to 2017-21 Berrios). As for the O's, I really like their lineup but they're probably a few starters away from seriously contending for the AL East title. They're starting to put together a core with Henderson, Rutschman and Mullins and they still have some big prospects on the way. Rays have an overabundance of positional depth and always seem to cobble together a solid pitching staff.

Pitching woes aside, 9 runs in each of the first three games.

1680446289985-png.99742

He looked like a guy who hadn't swung a bat in a real game in a week when he pinch hit today, big fucking surprise :burt:

He looked like a guy who hadn't swung a bat in a real game in a week when he pinch hit today, big fucking surprise :burt:

I swear that this account is not mine, I would have more updates :laugh:

Rays lighting it up so far, bats and pitching. We'll see if it keeps up with their first AL East series starting tonight with the Red Sox.

Rays lighting it up so far, bats and pitching. We'll see if it keeps up with their first AL East series starting tonight with the Red Sox.

narrator: they did keep up

God, it sucks being in this division.
Currently, every single team has a positive run differential. No other division has more than 3.
Out of total runs scored, Tampa ranks 1st, Toronto is 4th, Baltimore is tied for 5th, Boston is 7th.

God, it sucks being in this division.
Currently, every single team has a positive run differential. No other division has more than 3.
Out of total runs scored, Tampa ranks 1st, Toronto is 4th, Baltimore is tied for 5th, Boston is 7th.
Looks like it could be another year of 4 teams with 80+ wins.

fully on the Yoshida hype train now. 3-3 with another homer so far tonight, batting .324/.407/.559 and he has the 6th lowest K% among qualified hitters. His plate discipline is amazing

Tyler Glasnow looking good tonight for Durham.

8 real life starts makes you eligible for a sim league playoff series start, 16 starts gives you two starts. That's all I need from you this year buddy, just take it easy :laugh:

Next start might be with the big club, not sure he needs to be doing much ,more of this

sucks he's missed as much time as he has. He's electric when he is on the mound. A healthy trio of McClanahan/Glasnow/Rasmussen is awfully good.

Who doesn't love Giancarlo Stanton? Right now, Yankees fans.

Rock come back. Dirt come back. Down come back.